PDA

View Full Version : Why is Coach Ross so angry

Green Cloud
07-28-2006, 06:54 AM
In defense of Coach Ross Regarding the Negron fight I would like to shed some lite on why Ross want's to throw down.

first of all I have to say that I have been giving Ross a hard time about this fight but I understand why he is so frustrated.

New York is a frustrating place to run a buisness much less a MA school especialy when you have deticated your whole life to the MA.

One of the reasons is because there is a MA school on every corner, there are more schools than pizzarias. It doesn't matter where you go eventualy you will have an unwelcomed neighbor across the way.

There's nothing wrong with competition but it's getting to the point where there are more schools than clients. This makes buis. a very hard thing since the market is so over saturated.

Years ago owning a school was a good buisness but know opening a school in NY is just plain stupid if you don't have a good following and a strong rep.

Every Moron that didn't go to colledge decides to open up a school, this just hurts the market since most of then open and close faster than you can blink. This takes away from the market since customers are very wary to sighn up due to the fact that they might loose their money. This happens all the time, ok let me stop rambling here and make my point.

In regards to owning a hard core school or should I say a traditional school as apposed to a Mc Dojo. This is generaly the formula for succes the school owners that know less than nothing usualy do very well, School owners that are good at their craft and have Idealistc ethical values are the first to go out of buisness.

How can this be??? In my experiences as a school owner I find that it's the public that create the Tiger Shulmans and the United Studios and so forth since MA buisness is an Ego based Buisness. Give out a Black belt in 2 years and you are a successful school owner.

I have been befriended by many people that pledge their loyalty and then open up across the street from you or run back to their Villaries and copy your curiculum.

It gets to the point that you have to start bustin some heads. I seem to have a rep as a loose canon in the Long Island area because of crap like this.

In a buisness that is based on respect well lets say it's more cut throat than the Real Estate Buisness.

In Ross's case I can see his frustration in wanting to kick some ass when some Jhony come lately who is trying to hurt his buisness. God knows I'v been put in that situation on many accasions.

To make a short story long when it come to the honest hard working MArtist who get their toes stepped on by these Jhony Come lately but holes who make it hard for us to survive and thrive well it's high time to start kicking ass just like we did in the 80's.

When it come to natural selection I don't think onlly the comercial schools should thrive but the schools that house great instructors with a great back round.

greencloud.net

David Jamieson
07-28-2006, 08:17 AM
The boa constrictor, when he has had an adequate meal, goes to sleep, and does not wake until he needs another meal. Human beings, for the most part, are not like this. -Bertrand Russell

Yes, mcdojos are created by the public demand for pill form instant teaching which winds up being, looking and at its core crappy crappness of crapfestery on high.
People also carry a lot of misconceptions and lack of goal hen they enter a martial arts school, hence the huge turnover, especially in more realistic schools.

The more nurturing fog and coddling, the less likely a person is to get any decent training and they are for the most part just getting their littleselves led down a garden path.

Yep, there's a lot of snow to shovel. Some people ...most people can't be botrered to do the real work required to go after kungfu in their lives. oh well, too bad so sad, see ya later.

Green Cloud
07-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Obviously the world has changed and for traditional MArtist to survive they have to learn to adapt and improvize.

The problem that I see with most Kung Fu schools is they they are run with EGO and not with good sence.

There has to be a balance between Buisness and teaching good Kung Fu and that takes profesinalism.

greencloud.com

greencloud.net

Sifu Darkfist
07-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Yes, mcdojos are created by the public demand for pill form instant teaching which winds up being, looking and at its core crappy crappness of crapfestery on high.
People also carry a lot of misconceptions and lack of goal hen they enter a martial arts school, hence the huge turnover, especially in more realistic schools.

The more nurturing fog and coddling, the less likely a person is to get any decent training and they are for the most part just getting their littleselves led down a garden path.

Yep, there's a lot of snow to shovel. Some people ...most people can't be botrered to do the real work required to go after kungfu in their lives. oh well, too bad so sad, see ya later.

finally someone as eccentric as i am,
i love the way you weave a web of wicked weplies

Green Cloud
07-28-2006, 04:30 PM
yes his weplies are a bit qeer (strange);)