PDA

View Full Version : Ten traits of the anti-cma troll

KC Elbows
07-28-2006, 02:04 PM
1) Is confined to stock arguments other people argue better than them

2) Respects fma without any apparent knowledge about it

3) Thinks they are a mma fighter even in the absence of actually fighting.

4) More than likely is a hobbyist, does not argue as one.

5) Likes to criticise cma for "taking too long to teach someone to use their stuff", touts mma as superior in this manner, but will be lucky to become a tomato can after years of talk

6) Confuses things some people take as true on the internet as things all people take as true in the real world

7) Announces his trolling to his friends as a badge of honor

8) When confronted by a cmaist actually fighting and winning through disciplined and efficient training, will be first suggest that it was not due to their training, underminiing his points about the superiority of training that works; all in order to keep the light just right through his ideological viewmaster.

9) Conversely, all Gracie victories are totally ascribed only to style, despite the mma trolls inability to stop getting beaten up (due to being more interested in trolling and finding obscure youtube videos to make fun of-don't get me wrong, honorably professions in their own right- than training). No point will ever be made that inate talent helped, or that the high profile beginnings of these martial giants attracted most talented people to their art. The anti-cma troll knows some bjj, therefore he is impervious to harm or the weakness of his own arguments...

10) Appear to be unaware that the people who actually teach and fight, be it mma, cma, jma, what have you, don't waste their time worrying about what the anti-cma troll is obsessed with from his humiliating two years in wing chung, a painful experience he will project on to not only unrelated cma, but on to anything any chinese people can do. As a result, the anti-cma troll, who, above all, wants chinese punanny, gets none. His teacher is aware of all this, but takes his money anyway. It keeps him off the streets, where he would likely die.

David Jamieson
07-28-2006, 03:35 PM
ha ha you said "wing chung".

now they're gonna flock over here and get on your case, you wait and see. :D

lkfmdc
07-28-2006, 03:43 PM
how about everybody Wang Chung tonight?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/Natasha7979ndn/WangChung/wangchung1.jpg

mantis108
07-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Hang on... where's my microwave popcorns? :D

Mantis108

Green Cloud
07-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Wow are you describing knife fighter it sounds just like him

SifuAbel
07-30-2006, 08:24 AM
Wow are you describing knife fighter it sounds just like him

It also sounds like Neal Feltcher and half the fools over at bullshido.

Too many of these bozos to count.

KC Elbows
07-31-2006, 08:47 AM
Not trying to describe any specific people, but if the elevator shoe fits anyone in particular...

I don't know Knifefighter to the point where I'd know where he falls on training. My point with the list wasn't to paint anyone who criticises any cmaist in one group.

And yes, David, I mentioned Wing Chung specifically for the post factor.

I should have mentioned that the anti-fakecma troll is easily discernable from the anti-cma troll. The anti-fakecma troll is usually actually knowedgeable regarding a broad range of cma, usually practices one or more him or her self, and is baiting a fake with statements that require a knowledge of cma AND of what gets fakes a lot in an attempt to expose the fraud.

The anti-cma troll cannot make an educated argument without weakening his central argument, that there are no cma-ists who are earnest fighters, so he simply mindlessly attacks any cmaists he sees.

One should keep in mind point 11:

11) When confronted with someone who is recognized as fighting hard with cma, the anti-cma troll will simultaneously ignore the truth of their existence and cowtow to them on martial issues, completely missing the irony of this. Given this opportunity, the anti-cma troll can be turned into an adequate rickshaw driver.:D

David Jamieson
07-31-2006, 08:52 AM
anonymous people who are self appointed critics are generally not something I pay much attention too regardless of their agenda.

The fact that they will not commit their own name to their conviction is indicative that they really don't believe what they are saying and ergo are not worth reading or listening too.

If you can't stand up for what you believe in, then in my opinion, you can't stand up period.

Asia
07-31-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm partially guilty of some of those, but I kick ass so its all good.:D

I don't like the "all CMA suck" crowd but I will definitely speak up on CMA and CMAritst who tout their art as better than it is with no support to back it up, and yes WC is the favorite whipping boy for that.

KC Elbows
07-31-2006, 09:02 AM

I don't like the "all CMA suck" crowd but I will definitely speak up on CMA and CMAritst who tout their art as better than it is with no support to back it up, and yes WC is the favorite whipping boy for that.

The "anti-fakecma troll" was fashioned after you and Ronin(though he doesn't do cma, he knows more about it than a lot of cmaists). They actually prove a point, whereas the anti-cma troll just babbles a lot.

David Jamieson
07-31-2006, 09:06 AM

I think part of the WC thing is statistical.

It is the most widespread and widely practiced form of cma in the world. POpularity coming from teh connection to Bruce Lee.

Therefor it will have that many more whack job nutbag fruitcakes in its ranks as compared to other arts that enjoy less popularity.

The more closely related to cinema and fantasy a cma name is, the more likely it will have more members in it's ranks that are fruitcakes in the area of reality.

KC Elbows
07-31-2006, 09:15 AM

It is the most widespread and widely practiced form of cma in the world. POpularity coming from teh connection to Bruce Lee.

Therefor it will have that many more whack job nutbag fruitcakes in its ranks as compared to other arts that enjoy less popularity.

The more closely related to cinema and fantasy a cma name is, the more likely it will have more members in it's ranks that are fruitcakes in the area of reality.

If you think I'm gonna let your moderate stance on the sins of wing chung folk ruin the draw factor of my thread, you are sadly mistaken.

Wing Chungers, how do you develop the kind of internal power in your pak sao to resist an armbar?

Do not try me again, Canadian.:D

David Jamieson
07-31-2006, 09:19 AM
listen kansas, you know Im right. wing chun is the ultimate target for anti cma-ers trolls or otherwise simply because it has a huge amount of freaks, fruitloops and out and out weirdos doing it.

It is also in and of itself a pretty effective fighting style from cma and deserves props in that regard.

just too many nutbars do wing chun compared to more obscure styles that do not enjoy such popularity by association to famous people. BUt I already said that.

p.s Canada rules, but I think we should annex both the USA and Mexico and take the EU to task and rule the world as our empire!

Asia
07-31-2006, 09:28 AM

The more closely related to cinema and fantasy a cma name is, the more likely it will have more members in it's ranks that are fruitcakes in the area of reality

I thought it would be a draw between WC, Shaolin arts, and Taijiquan, but I can see how Bruce Lee can tip the scales.

The "anti-fakecma troll" was fashioned after you and Ronin(though he doesn't do cma, he knows more about it than a lot of cmaists). They actually prove a point, whereas the anti-cma troll just babbles a lot.
Thats true. Anti-cma trolls are easy to spot I think. Lot of talk but no substance, but the "anti-fakecma troll" sometimes gets wrapped up in it, especially when a particular art is targeted.

David Jamieson
07-31-2006, 09:37 AM
authentic and genuine tai chi is difficult to find. not impossible, but difficult.

real shaolin is real hard to find and yes, it has it's fair share of david carradineite nutbars in it's ranks and at the other end wushu performers who think they're doing something that is 1000 years old.

somewhere in between, shaolin and taichi has it's legit pracs and instructions, around it's fringes, there's a lot of weirdness.

the bruce lee factoir is still huge for some reason and i have no idea why. lol
props to teh dead guy though for still generating the frenzy that he does.

KC Elbows
07-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Thats true. Anti-cma trolls are easy to spot I think. Lot of talk but no substance, but the "anti-fakecma troll" sometimes gets wrapped up in it, especially when a particular art is targeted.

True enough, but that gets old pretty quick. The anti-cma troll we're talking about is a fake, so exposing one fake by enabling another...it makes the head spin. Fun for a while, I know, I just don't have the patience for it. If you're gonna go that route, it's much simpler to not take ANY of it seriously, which, with the internet, is probably the best route. You were always better at letting that stuff slide than me, at this point I just train and make liberal use of the ignore option.