PDA

View Full Version : Taiji Meihua Tang Lang - Sun De Yao

Crushing Fist
07-31-2006, 08:33 AM
Ok, here's the thing...

Master Sun De Yao teaches at a park very close to me, and I am interested in possibly taking lessons. I've heard only good things, but have not gone by to watch a class yet.

What can anyone tell me about either the style, the man, or both?

Has anyone here studied under him?

Thanks in advance :)

Three Harmonies
07-31-2006, 10:52 AM
He is a very talented teacher, and super nice guy. Check him out and see what you think. David Lin is also in the Atlanta area if you are interested in Shuai Chiao. Excellent teacher and guy as well! Good folk's all around that area, check em all out!
Cheers
Jake :cool:

Oso
07-31-2006, 07:34 PM
yea, better study up on some mantis....

;)

Sifu Darkfist
07-31-2006, 09:29 PM
I trained under this incredible master, the tang lang bu will make a man out of ya.
His personality is top notch and his gung fu if powerful. My Master told me to train with him for another perspective (a rare move for a top master) he is open and trustworthy as well as a man with a sense of humor

RAF
08-01-2006, 04:44 AM
Wu Tang Visiting Master Seminars:
Master Sun De Yao

Master Sun De Yao is an internationally recognized master of Mei Hua Praying Mantis Kung Fu with students in many foreign countries. He owns and operates the "Hao Bin Mantis Boxing Martial Arts Center" in Qingdao, Shandong Province, China , where he teaches Tai Ji Mei Hua Tang Lang Quan and Mei Hua Tang Lang Quan. Master Sun has been elected as a committe member of the Shandong Wu Shu Society and his name has been compiled into Boxing Masters Dictionary.

Master Sun began learning praying mantis from his uncle, Hao Bin (AKA Hao Zi-Xien), and is the grandson of legendary Hao Heng Lu, "The Sword Magician". His lineage therefore is direct from Wang Lang (creator of praying mantis kungfu). Master Sun currently offers special seminars in Taiji Mei Hua Tang Lang Quan and Mei Hua Tang Lang Quan at the WuTang Center for Martial Arts. Recently he has traveled to give seminars in New York City and at Master Nick Gracenin's school.

http://www.wutangcenter.com/wt/photos/SunDeYao/FrameSet.htm

http://www.wutangcenter.com/wt/index.html

Crushing Fist
08-01-2006, 08:14 AM
so I went and checked it out last night...

a few impressions -

first master sun wasn't there, he was visiting out of state, so that was unlucky.

second, very small group... only 2 adults and one was running the class, the rest were teens.

he seemed very knowledgable

no ranking system I could see, no uniforms, overall pretty informal

I was told that master sun is very open with the material and will teach at whatever pace the student can learn

It seems the thing to do is sign up for a session and see how it goes.

Oso - the next session doesn't start until sept 11, so it won't help for your little gathering...

if I can make it there

no promises

Oso
08-01-2006, 09:01 AM
no worries :)

I'd definitely sign up for a session and check it out. good luck.