PDA

View Full Version : CLF ? as a first TCMA

Barracuda
08-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Hey all I was told to post any questions regarding CLF on this part of the forum ;) I found a CLF school near my house with a great schedule and Ive heard nothing but good things from other Kung Fu Practioners I know. Just wondering first off how does CLF compare in "realism" and in other aspects in the TCMA community ? The name of the school is "Lee Koon Hung Choy Lay Fut" any help would be great thanks

Ben Gash
08-01-2006, 03:03 PM
CLF was my first TCMA, and 11 years later I'm still with it :cool:
Go along and check out a class, have a chat with the sifu and see what you think. If you think of any further questions we'll be more than happy to help.

Fu-Pow
08-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Hey all I was told to post any questions regarding CLF on this part of the forum ;) I found a CLF school near my house with a great schedule and Ive heard nothing but good things from other Kung Fu Practioners I know. Just wondering first off how does CLF compare in "realism" and in other aspects in the TCMA community ? The name of the school is "Lee Koon Hung Choy Lay Fut" any help would be great thanks

Choy Lay Fut sets a good foundation for whatever you want to do in martial arts. It teaches you to generate power from the waist, whole body power, coordination, flexibility, etc, etc.

There are "subtler" martial arts like Taiji that refine movement even more but CLF will give you a good start.

There are some guys from LKH CLF that post on here so I'm sure they'll fill you in.

FP

Eddie
08-01-2006, 11:40 PM
hey, and if you start training there still this month, I'd probably meet you next week :-)

CLF is pretty close to realistic. We use CLF in San shou with great success. I also works clubs and events, and have had my fair share of real life situations.
:cool:

hskwarrior
08-02-2006, 05:25 PM
me too.........:)

gwa sow
08-03-2006, 10:04 AM
i study there. there are a few people on here from there. come check us out. would be glad to see you. also we just moved to a new building about a month ago. still close to the old location.

Key
08-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I'd have to agree with everyone who posted so far, Choy Lee Fut has great application in street scenarios. Just don't act stupid and try to do things you aren't comfortable with. And know the difference between the flashy stuff for forms, and the more utile stuff for fighting; I know they can get confused with one another for the first few months.

And I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with Choy Lee Fut, just get past Ng Ln Ma and you'll be having a blast. Even doing Ng Ln Ma is fun, just learning it gets boring.

bigdoing
08-08-2006, 03:54 PM
You should study krav-maga

Its combat tested and taught by ex-israel commandos who tie you up and blind fold you in the class and make you get out of the ropes while they beat you.

Its real.

Ben Gash
08-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Yes, that's a situation I find myself in often :rolleyes:

shuaichiao
08-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Yes, that's a situation I find myself in often :rolleyes:

Ohh, kinky bast**d ehh!

Key
08-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Bryan, can you imagine Sifu doing that?

It would be kinda fun, for the first time.

Imma miss you guys.

Ey, Armando, Patrick, and I are going to dinner, I think the 16th if you can make it. I'll call you later.

bigdoing
08-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Ill go, just let me know. Ill be in class saturday.