PDA

View Full Version : Hsing-I, complete?

unclaimed effort
06-21-2001, 06:35 AM
I haven't much experience in Hsing-I. From my perspective gained from the first few forms, Hsing-I seems like it depends on the 1 hit KO by fajing, is this true? or is there more to the art of Hsing-I?

I can be like one of those philosophers who hide everything in poems, but instead I can tell you the true secret of martial arts in one word:

PRACTICE!

walkthecircle
06-21-2001, 10:46 PM
http://www.emptyflower.com/xingyiquan/

MaFuYee
06-21-2001, 11:31 PM
no, not true. - look to the 2 man linking form.

"You can always get someone to do your thinking for you." - Gordie Howe on why he never wore a helmet during his 30-year pro hockey career, but always wore a cup.

unclaimed effort
06-22-2001, 03:56 AM
thanks, the site helped.

I can be like one of those philosophers who hide everything in poems, but instead I can tell you the true secret of martial arts in one word:

PRACTICE!

les paul
06-22-2001, 04:37 AM
Taught as a complete art Xingyiquan is as complex as any other internal art. it has throws, defensive moves, mutiple strike at different gates (high middle and low etc....), exstensive chin-na and kicks etc...

The complexity comes from the simplisity in the forms. Xingyiquan may appear one demensional, however it contains a lot of information and covers a wide range of situations that takes a life time to master.