PDA

View Full Version : Weng Chun Legends

VingDragon
08-02-2006, 05:33 AM
here is link to new videos:

Weng Chun is not so fameous yet as other branches of the Wing Chun but it is a treasure in our community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltHWbFnmKGs
Master Ignatius Siu is one of Chu Chung Man students

a short long pole teaser performed by one of the system successor Master Tang Chuk Pak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpljHwv9Kqo

enjoy!

tjwingchun
08-02-2006, 07:14 AM
found a better link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LugWCThTZmI&search=kung-fu%20%20weng%20chun

:D :D :D

snakebyte8
08-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Thnx for the video's DMR. Ya cut the pole form too short! Oh, but only 6 1/2 half moves though!;)

Ultimatewingchun
08-03-2006, 11:18 AM
:) Hey tjwingchun: That woman in the bathing suit doing what looks like something from the wooden dummy in the photo next to your signature - would you mind sending her over to teach a class or two in my school?

I'd like to check out her form. :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D

Jim Roselando
08-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Hey Derek!

Many thanks for the cool footage!

Keep sharing!

mantis108
08-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi Vingdragon,

Thanks for the wonderful clips. I am a fan of Weng Chun especially the Chu Chung Man line mainly because my teacher GM Chiu Chuk Kai was a sworn brother of GM Chu Chung Man. They met in Macao.

"Master Ignatius Siu is one of Chu Chung Man students"

Would you mind giving more info about Master Ignatius Siu? Thanks

Best regards

Mantis108

VingDragon
08-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Hey Jim, Victor and others!

thanks for posting. I'm glad that you like the videos. I will try to post more of clips.

Mantis108 :

Chu Chong Man was a great master but we can't forget the name of GM Tang Yick which was fameous, too!!!

PM me

xingyi
08-04-2006, 10:23 AM
hey ving dragon,
many thanks for the clips,any chance to please see the beginners form "flower fist"?
:cool:

Steeeve
08-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Mantis 108

GM Chiu Chuk Kai was a friend of Gm Chu Chung Man

So thats from where came his version (CCK) wooden dummy form? in TJPM..

;)

Steeve

mantis108
08-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Mantis 108

GM Chiu Chuk Kai was a friend of Gm Chu Chung Man

So thats from where came his version (CCK) wooden dummy form? in TJPM..

;)

Steeve

Hi Steeeve,

Yes, that's where the CCK TCPM wooden dummy form inspiration came from. It is well documented in Wooden dummy book that we have. I believe Sifu Andreas Hoffmann's comment was that he saw where the Weng Chun components related to their wooden dummy sets are. Both of us have been busy with our work that I didn't get a chance to further our discussion on this subject. But it would be great if any pratitioner of the GM Chu Chung Man's would care to shed more light about GM Chu's teaching. BTW, GM Chu and GM Chiu are better than just friend. In Chinese sworn brothers are practically like family. ;) So...

VingDragon,

Thanks, I will PM soon.

Warm regards

Robert (Mantis108)

PS I would love to see GM Chu's Hua Quan (flower fist) as well.

VingDragon
08-06-2006, 06:04 AM
few words from Ignatius Siu Sifu

...at that time in Macau, GM Chu was the 1st of the 4 sworn brothers. The other 3 were Chiu Chuk Kai (Mantis), Kwok Man Jai and Tsui XX (I forgot the name). Chiu used to practice his "darts" ( a Chinese short knife in real combat used as "darts" ) Chiu Chuk Kai didn't practice GM Chu's dummy for "darts". As I recall, Chiu Chuk Kai was very good with one special weapon called " 7 sections of steel whip"