PDA

View Full Version : Green Cloud (Wizard of Oz) vs. KF

Knifefighter
08-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Is there any way to remove my name from this thread, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH ME
Here ya go Dave. Don't say I didn't ever do anything nice for you

Knifefighter
08-03-2006, 05:35 PM
This all started when knife tried to instigate a fight between me and dragon warrior, the stupid thing is me DW know each other... but stop implying that you know him personaly and that he is supposed test me out.
Dude... he is a BJJ purple belt who runs a BJJ school. Testing people out on the mat is what he does. It doesn't matter if you know or don't know each other.

I suggested you roll (btw, if you really did have the grappling ability that comes from training with and against other grapplers, you would have known that rolling does not mean fighting) with him to see what a mid-level BJJ'er could do to you, as I think your perceptions of your grappling abilities are highly overrated.

... to answer KF we have worked out if you want too ask the guy about my abilities go ahead...
If you have already rolled, then I stand corrected and I will ask.

Dragon Warrior-
Have you rolled with the Wizard here, and, if so, what level would you say his grappling abilities are?

Water Dragon
08-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Dude... he is a BJJ purple belt who runs a BJJ school. Testing people out on the mat is what he does. It doesn't matter if you know or don't know each other.

Remind me never to train with that guy. I want to work with people who will train me, not test me.

Green Cloud
08-03-2006, 05:49 PM
At the time we never took it to the ground, but we were in no way point fighting. Rolling Jiu jitsu is not the world you are assuming that someone can actualy get me to the ground with out getting knocked out and none the less I'm very comfortable on the ground always have been.

As of now I have to fight stand up since rolling as you say is not an option for me since I just had a hip replacement.

How many times do I have to point that out but than again you already know that my cunning little troll.

Knifefighter
08-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Remind me never to train with that guy. I want to work with people who will train me, not test me.

If he is your instructor, that's part of how he trains you. He not only watches as you test yourself against others of your own, as well as higher and lower levels. He also rolls with you to test you and see how your are progressing.

Everyone is always testing both their abilities and their training partners' abilities. That's built into the whole sparring and competition culture of BJJ.

Knifefighter
08-03-2006, 05:55 PM
At the time we never took it to the ground, but we were in no way point fighting. Rolling Jiu jitsu is not the world you are assuming that someone can actualy get me to the ground with out getting knocked out and none the less I'm very comfortable on the ground always have been.
Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

My job is done here folks. Thanks for stopping by.

Water Dragon
08-03-2006, 05:56 PM
But that's not what you're implying. You gave me a negative impression of the guy. Actually, you give the sport a negative impression to the crowd who doesn't train in the sport. Unfortunately, you are many people's only impression of the sport. Are you hurting or helping BJJ by posting these things?

I don't wanna say, "Knifefighter is bad for the sport", but I think you get my drift.

lkfmdc
08-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Here ya go Dave. Don't say I didn't ever do anything nice for you

Thanks Dale, appreciated....

Green Cloud
08-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Sorry Ross I didn't mean to steal the spot light from your stupid fight, venturing onto the Negron vrs. Ross fight is what got me into this mess.

Anyway I will fight Dale when I am able to if it means that I have to travel to LA.

This is just an issue of time and money not to mention that Dale is inflexible about wher we will fight. I mean hell I might as well order a pizza and deliver it to your house.

dale will now respond by saying you issued the challenge ha ha like I'm supposed to be updated on where this private malitia cult is being held.

Do I want to roll with Dale sure but I don't hate Dale like Ross hates Negron, I'm sure if it was the other way around and Dave had to fight Negron in LA he wouldn't do it even though they are mortal enemies.

As far as my abilities ask Dragon Warrior if I'm the type of guy that's afraid of a challenge.

In fact ask anyone who is in the tri state area ask them if they take me litely when it comes to stuff like this.

Dale I know your like a vampire and I invited you in but I'm not going broke to fly somewhere to fight a nobody unless it coincides with something productive.

Knifefighter
08-03-2006, 07:33 PM
But that's not what you're implying. You gave me a negative impression of the guy. Actually, you give the sport a negative impression to the crowd who doesn't train in the sport. Unfortunately, you are many people's only impression of the sport. Are you hurting or helping BJJ by posting these things?

I think this type of attitude is what upholds the integrity of BJJ overall. BJJ has always been about testing things out.

The first thing just about any BJJ guy will say to someone who doesn't roll but claims they are "hard to lock out" is to stop on by to roll and test this out.

Knifefighter
08-03-2006, 07:37 PM
I invited you in but I'm not going broke to fly somewhere to fight a nobody unless it coincides with something productive.
Would you fly here to fight a "somebody"?

Green Cloud
08-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Dale don't change the subject Listen the fact is I made a mistake by not biting my tonge when you provoked me and I asked to fight you thinking that it would be at a suitable location for both of us.

If you and I had the bad blood that Dave and negron have I still wouldn't fly out there unless you slept with my wife or stole money from me or something.

Green Cloud
08-03-2006, 08:43 PM
You don't think that Negron NAAA what am I thinking

lkfmdc
08-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Gus, if you want to make an arse out of yourself arguing with Dale, I asked NICELY that I don't have anything to do with it. Dale seemed to get it, why can't you? Again, I strongly suggest you mind your own business, you certanly have your own hands full talking about your various skills in jujitsu, stick and knife fighting. Oh, and Pankration, I almost forgot about that one. Simply put, I don't wnat to be associated with your comments on this and many other threads. Thanks, now please don't try and drag me into your crap

Dragon Warrior
08-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Should I feel responsible for this?

Anyway, I have heard from other martial artist in NY that Sifu Gus was a badass that consistantly backed up what he said.

Yes, he did come on the floor and spar with me right after his hernia surgery. (I thought that was a bad decision by the way!)

Water Dragon,

I dont see how knifefighter has "hurt the sport" of bjj, or gave a negative impression of me by his statements on this thread. When we are "testing" each other in training, it is 95% of the time, a positive thing.

Also, if I meet a person or martial artist who claims to have trained in some kind of grappling I always invite them to my class (to "test" them). Usually my white belts control them and tap them out over and over again. They either say (as I did), "**** I've been training for years and I am getting my ass kicked by white belts. I have to learn this stuff." Or they never come back either because their heads are to big to put a white belt on and get their asses kicked for a few months, or some other lame reason.

Anyway, Sifu Gus, if you really want to fight Knifefighter, I suggest you wait till you are healed up, and then do a little rehabilitation first. What's the point of going somewhere to fight if you cant fight at your full potential. Also, you dont want to put yourself into a position where you can get hurt and be out of commission for a long period of time.

Green Cloud
08-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Dave take a chill pill why don't ya, I was just responding to your attitude like youre to good to be implicated by this thread that knife fighter started witch was originaly called Ross vrs. Negron

If anything I Don't want my name on this thread, but it seems that you and knife are good at deleting threads and then trying to recreate them.

Dave I don't want to create an issue over this stupid juvenile thread just remember I never mentioned your name till you stepped in with your high and mighty remarks.

And I don't know why you would bring up stuff that's on my site do you realy want to go there??? Mr. exhaulted King of San Da.

the cutting and pasting is one thing but to delete a thread and then change the tittle is something that peves me off.

Not that anyone can go back and read the original thread but this all started when I was in the midst of congradulating dragon warrior on his new school.

Some how a nice conversation between two friends digressed into this crap and the knife fighter was the catalyst

Dave I would also caution you not to get personal if you know what I mean since we are training brothers and know a lot of personal things about each other. Lets keep our dirty laundry at home.

For now I'm done with this thread and you know what I'm done with this forum there are way to many a holes that just take away from this forum and I have more productive things to do. good day.

yenhoi
08-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Can I get an amen?

One less Gong-fu fu-fu.

Now if we could just somehow drive off that pesky MK;)

...and all this dale and dave and john and peter and such, I mean - KF is much easier to type then dale and easier for us laymen to follow.

:rolleyes:

Knifefighter
08-04-2006, 06:54 AM
I dont see how knifefighter has "hurt the sport" of bjj, or gave a negative impression of me by his statements on this thread. When we are "testing" each other in training, it is 95% of the time, a positive thing.

Also, if I meet a person or martial artist who claims to have trained in some kind of grappling I always invite them to my class (to "test" them). Usually my white belts control them and tap them out over and over again. They either say (as I did), "**** I've been training for years and I am getting my ass kicked by white belts. I have to learn this stuff." Or they never come back either because their heads are to big to put a white belt on and get their asses kicked for a few months, or some other lame reason.
Exactly... good post.

Knifefighter
08-04-2006, 06:54 AM
...and all this dale and dave and john and peter and such,
Yeah, it's not like we are friends or anything.

Knifefighter
08-04-2006, 07:00 AM
and you know what I'm done with this forum there are way to many a holes that just take away from this forum and I have more productive things to do. good day.
NOW my job is done.
You're welcome folks.

Knifefighter
08-04-2006, 07:02 AM
Dave take a chill pill why don't ya, I was just responding to your attitude like youre to good ... blah, blah, blah, blah.. till you stepped in with your high and mighty remarks...blah, blah, blah, blah... Mr. exhaulted King of San Da...blah, blah, blah, blah.....Dave I would also caution you not to get personal if you know what I mean....blah, blah, blah, blah.

Gus, if you want to make an arse out of yourself...blah, blah, blah, blah.... why can't you... blah, blah, blah, blah... I strongly suggest you mind your own business,blah, blah, blah, blah.
Hmmm... maybe it's time to change tracks again and rename this "The Wizard of Oz vs. lkfmdc ."

I like being in charge of the thread.

Maybe next I'll become a moderator and be in charge of the whole forum... that would be fun.

lkfmdc
08-04-2006, 07:03 AM
I generally find just "kf" confusing (but maybe that's just me) and typing out "knife fighter" can be a drag, but if knifefighter is somehow insulted by my addressing him I guess I'm fine typing out knifefighter

Gus, I really do hope you're finally done with this.......

Knifefighter
08-04-2006, 07:08 AM
Just do what my good little buddy Abel does and call me knifey.

lkfmdc
08-04-2006, 07:12 AM
uh..... thinking about it....... and......... no

I'll just type out knifefighter

hunt1
08-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Knifey

I think I can speak for the wing chun forum. I am hurt ! Its like finding out a girlfriend is cheating on you. I thought you only liked to play with wing chunners and here you are getting every Tom **** and Wong stirred up. Arent were Kung Fuey enough for you? Oh! the horror of it!

Water Dragon
08-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Water Dragon,

I guess we just look at things a little differently. I don't understand the mind set of inviting people to your class to 'test' them. It almost sounds like you're motivation is to teach these guys a lesson. I may be wrong, but that's the impression it gives me.

Why not just invite these people to train? If they're the type your talking about, The end result's gonna be the same. I'm a 3 year white belt myself, so I'm one of these guys you're talking about. If I roll with a new guy to the gym, I'm gonna be cautious, since I don't know him, but I'm also not gonna go after him. I'm gonna work hard on my position until I figure him out, then I'll play the way he wants to play. I'm not gonna 'test' him and see how many times I can sub the guy hust to prove a point. It's not going to do anything to help me improve, and it's more likely to chase away a potential training partner (or for you a potential student) than to prove any point. Egos get crushed on the mat regardelss, it's the nature of Jujutsu.

My beef with Dale, if you could call it a beef I don't think it is, is more with the way he represents himself in general. My understanding is the man has skills. I could learn a lot from the guy I bet. But I wouldn't train with him simply because I don't want to be around that attitude. A lot of people here have no exposure to BJJ except for what they see here. What do you think their impression of people who train BJJ is? How many people have lurked on these forums, read these threads and walked away thinking, "Geez, those BJJ guys are jerks. I don't wanna train with them." A lot I bet. And no, it's not just KF. I'm kinda trying to make a point with everyone here.

Sorry Dale, I'm not trying to pick on you or disrespect you. I'm focusing on one characteristic here, not you. I just want that to be known. And no disrespect to you either, Dragon Warrior. I'm definately NOT trying to tell you what you should do in your classes.

I am saying think about how you act because you represent more than just yourself if you like it or not. That's just how it is. Not just with BJJ, but with everything. You always represent everything you are associated with.

I know BJJ has a tradition of calling people out and showing what they do. But BJJ is not an unknown art trying to prove itself. It's already proven itself and earned it's respect. That can't be taken away. Now we need to grow the art and the sport, and that needs a different mindset.

Again, these are just my personal opinions. I have the right to voice my opinion and you have the right to disagree with it.

OK, I'm done waxing philosophical now. Back to one liners for a bit.

Dragon Warrior
08-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Im not really inviting people to my class to "test" them. The "testing" part is just a consequence of the training.

If I meet someone who tells me that he is a master grappler, i have to invite him to come and train. He already put himself in a position to back up what he says. Now, that doesnt mean that he is going to have a grudge match with all my guys, he will just roll like everyone else. At the end of the session, he will know where he stands. Nobody is going to (on purpose) make him feel like he was "tested," they will all show respect as long as they get respect in return.

I thought I had some grappling skill because I watched Royce fight in the ufc. I knew the different positions and some submissions. So when i first took a class, I was shocked by how easily i got tapped by white belts and blue belts. I was put to the test, and I learned that I didnt know **** about ground fighting.

Also, sometimes I do want to teach people a lesson, and what is wrong with that. I am an instructor, and sometimes a good ass kicking is the best lesson you can get, and not just for your jiujitsu game, but for your ego as well. Humility is a big part of CMA. How do CMA'ists teach their students the lesson of humility. I am sure all schools and styles have their own method. In jiu-jitsu, it is on the mat.

Anyway Water Dragon, we are arguing about nothing. I actually agree with almost your entire post (except the part about KF, i dont know him well enough to comment), we are just looking at the word "test" differently im my opinion.

fiercest tiger
08-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Sub Grappling is a great art, very technical and im considering entering in the next comp in sydney. All kung fu peeps should go and roll with BJJ or grapplers to see how fast they find out they are out of there game.

:D

yenhoi
08-05-2006, 03:38 PM
lol!!!

knifey for main forum moderator!!!

:D

Knifefighter
08-06-2006, 12:20 PM
A lot of people here have no exposure to BJJ except for what they see here. What do you think their impression of people who train BJJ is? How many people have lurked on these forums, read these threads and walked away thinking, "Geez, those BJJ guys are jerks. I don't wanna train with them." A lot I bet. And no, it's not just KF. I'm kinda trying to make a point with everyone here.
I am saying think about how you act because you represent more than just yourself if you like it or not. That's just how it is. Not just with BJJ, but with everything. You always represent everything you are associated with.

WD-
You are right.
Point well taken.