PDA

View Full Version : Mantak Chia

xingyi
08-04-2006, 03:13 AM
hey all,
i was wondering what the people here thought of his stuff?is he for real?
all opinions welcome
thx

yenhoi
08-04-2006, 04:31 AM
Very good stuff. The books are much better then the videos. Maybe he has a bunch of new stuff nowadays, tho.

:)

Charles T Rose
08-04-2006, 04:45 AM
I like M Winns Healing Dao stuff.I have been doing his 5 animals do 6 healing sounds every morning and absolutly love it.Even my wife who is not into this kind of stuff at all does it every day after work because it is hands down the best stress reliever she has found.

Plymouth Rocks
08-05-2006, 06:43 AM
It's crap and Winn is worse.

Charles T Rose
08-05-2006, 08:25 AM
Its not crap to me. I have benefitted greatly from Winns 5 animals/healing sounds and inner smile.

greendragon
08-05-2006, 08:35 AM
I like him alot. It is more meditation and chi kung, not martial arts. Good stuff though, and traditional.

fiercest tiger
08-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Mantaks information is very deep, sometimes confusing but he has alot of info one can grasp.

I would like to do the Chi Nei Tsang Internal organ massage course, as it can be applied to my remedial massage therapy, reiki etc. I know someone doing his Iron Shirt, inner smile, chi nei tsang, mirco orbit and has many years in kung fu already, says this is by far the deepest information on chi kung around and that you can attain the levels mantak says!

scholar
08-06-2006, 04:05 PM
The guy seems overly obsessed with his willy. He'll teach you his magical mystical "Iron Shirt" in a weekend seminar for the paltry sum of $600, though! ;)

JohnnyMnemonic
08-06-2006, 06:31 PM
The guy seems overly obsessed with his willy. He'll teach you his magical mystical "Iron Shirt" in a weekend seminar for the paltry sum of $600, though! ;)

Interest is only an obsession to a negative person. Maybe he knows something you don't? Like your willy is one of the major energy sources in your body. Or that you are literally a big walking willy.

U really shouldn't bad mouth a good guy unless you know what you are talking about or you have personally met him and have a basis for your implications.

TaiChiBob
08-07-2006, 05:23 AM
Greetings..

Mantak Chia presents information with certain claims. "your mission, if you decide to accept it", is to determine for yourself the validity of the information.. Personally, i have found some of his stuff to be quite useful.. other of his stuff a bit too far removed from my own path.. but, not necessarily invalid.. too often, we let personal preference become asserted prejudice..

Be well..

Flying-Monkey
08-07-2006, 05:51 AM
Interest is only an obsession to a negative person. Maybe he knows something you don't? Like your willy is one of the major energy sources in your body. Or that you are literally a big walking willy.

What energy?

TaiChiBob
08-07-2006, 05:56 AM
Greetings..

What energy?The energy that animates these otherwise inert elements, and compounds into a living being..

Be well..

Flying-Monkey
08-07-2006, 05:58 AM
What is this energy made of?

scholar
08-07-2006, 06:00 AM
I've had some experience with Chia and others of his ilk, as well as experience repairing the damage he has caused in several people I know with his out of balance (willy-centric?) teachings.

Answering the last two posts that addressed mine; It is said that I am negative and prejudiced, but the irony is that the arguments used against me apply equally well to the people making the argument. In other words, the people saying I sling mud don't mind slinging mud at me, whom they don't know. People asked for opinions, but other people seemingly don't appreciate an opinion that differs from their own. You'll have to consider, maybe I'm a good guy, kind, well trained, who cares about his art, his teachers and his students. You don't know one way or the other, so saying otherwise reveals a bit af a negative prejudice towards me. I don't take offense, how could I? Maybe someone will appreciate this when the time is right, maybe not.

So, as far as I am concerned, give Mantak Chia your money if it makes you happy. Groups like that: Falungong, Taoist T'ai Chi society, etc., all occupy the gullible comic book reading students who want "superpowers" and would waste my time. In that, they do me and my colleagues and peers as service. I just hope that at least partially offsets the damage they do to people with their personality-driven teaching hierarchy, crap technique and shameless hucksterism. :D

TaiChiBob
08-07-2006, 06:22 AM
Greetings..

Flying-Monkey: It is the dynamic interplay of Yin/Yang.. it is made of imbalance and the change needed to return to balance.. potential difference..

scholar: I am not given to take things at face value, so.. i have heard conflicting views on Mantak Chia, and decided to do a bit of research.. and, it seems that there are both beneficial and harmful contents to his perspectives and teachings.. it is my nature to discard the stuff contrary to my own journey and assimilate the stuff i find helpful.. so, rather than trash the guy, i usually offer words of caution and mention that, while there may be usefulness, there is also danger, procede accordingly.. I accept your opinion with the same consideration, without judging you as a person.. First, i don't know you except by the words you enter here.. and, second, i wouldn't want to alienate you as it seems that you may have wisdom to share.. anyway, this prespective works for me..

Be well..

Flying-Monkey
08-07-2006, 06:30 AM
I don't understand what that means. Could you explain it in plain words.

TaiChiBob
08-07-2006, 06:41 AM
Greetings..

Energy isn't "made" of anything.. it is what all things are made of.. everything is energy behaving in different ways.. Energy is the source, consciousness is that which shapes the source into reality.. from that understanding, Yi (consciousness) leads Qi (energy), the rest is up to the individual.. have fun!!

Be well..

Flying-Monkey
08-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Well (Total energy of a system) = u = 1/2mv^2 or E = Mc^2 = gamma*mc^2 = (mc^2)/ (1 - v^2/c^2)^(1/2). But this is only for kinetic energy. It seems like you are mixing physical concepts in a strange way. What other energy are you talking about?

TaiChiBob
08-07-2006, 07:16 AM
Greetings..

Flying-Monkey: Rather than conduct an on-line course in advanced particle physics, unified field theory, or Zero Point Field dynamics.. read "The Field", by Lynn McTaggert.. Science is advancing rapidly into the unknown, old "truths" are being replaced by the evidence gained from advanced techniques for observation and measurement.. stay current and be open-minded!

Be well..

Flying-Monkey
08-07-2006, 07:22 AM
I am current. Physics are weird when you get down to sub-atomic level. However, all of that stuff can be explained by classical physics. There is no strange or magical energy.

TaiChiBob
08-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Greetings..

However, all of that stuff can be explained by classical physics. There is no strange or magical energy.LOL.. if that were so, physics would be a dead science.. Physics are progressing daily, it is the closed mind that sees no "magic", no challenge to the existing theories.. Physics are still in their infancy, it is absurd to suppose that everything can be explained by "classical" physics.. or by any current physics.. but, that is the way of things, we will believe what we choose.. I don't think of it as "magic", just phenomena that hasn't been explained, YET.. Biophysics readily admit that there is much to be explained about the subtle workings of the human body, i say let's give them a chance.. we might be surprised!

Be well..

WanderingMonk
08-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Well (Total energy of a system) = u = 1/2mv^2 or E = Mc^2 = gamma*mc^2 = (mc^2)/ (1 - v^2/c^2)^(1/2). But this is only for kinetic energy. It seems like you are mixing physical concepts in a strange way. What other energy are you talking about?

err, if I still remember my Thermodynamics. total energy = potential + kinetic energy.

Flying-Monkey
08-07-2006, 08:09 AM
I never stated that classical physics explain everything. It can explain just about all of the feats of Chi gung. A lot of the stuff coming out today is pure theory. A lot of it can't be or is difficult to test.

Wondering monk:

You are correct. I was guess what energy Taichibob is talking about. The second equation is kinetic energy with relative mass. Are you a physics student too?

TaiChiBob
08-07-2006, 08:16 AM
Greetings..

Thermodynamics are basic Newtonian physics.. Quantum and particle physics are light-years (pun intended) ahead of of that.. now, if you want to get technical, classical physics can be validated by re-introducing the pesky variable as the characteristics of the Zero Point Field.. the field that introduces previously non-existent/non-perceivable energy into our perceivable universe.. it explains why electrons don't run out of energy while spinning madly around the nucleus.. and cancels the notion that the universe will enventually grind to a dead stop.. it also satisfies the variables associated with gravitational force.. and, several governments are funding research into how to harness this source of energy.. it's a new playground for physics.. just to mention one specific area..

Be well..

JohnnyMnemonic
08-07-2006, 08:32 AM
Answering the last two posts that addressed mine; It is said that I am negative and prejudiced, but the irony is that the arguments used against me apply equally well to the people making the argument. In other words, the people saying I sling mud don't mind slinging mud at me, whom they don't know.

Sure we know you. We know that you publicly said that Mantak Chia is "obsessed with his willy". Willy is code for the sexual organ. In my travels around the internet, I have found that a very common character assasination technique is to accuse another person of some kind of sexual perversion.

This is what you did. You used negative language, "obsessed", with the word "willy". You know what you did and I know what you did.

I didn't think you enlightened types ran away from the responsibility for your words?

People asked for opinions, but other people seemingly don't appreciate an opinion that differs from their own. You'll have to consider, maybe I'm a good guy, kind, well trained, who cares about his art, his teachers and his students. You don't know one way or the other, so saying otherwise reveals a bit af a negative prejudice towards me. I don't take offense, how could I? Maybe someone will appreciate this when the time is right, maybe not.

"Maybe someone will appreciate this at the right time". Aaaaaooooogah! Aaaaaaoooogah! Blowhard alert! Blowhard alert!

Again. You made a negative comment about Mantak Chia. You started this. Then when someone gives it back to you, suddenly you are hurt and being unfairly characterized. You may be a nice guy, blah, blah, blah. You said negative things about Mantak Chia. Admit it.

So, as far as I am concerned, give Mantak Chia your money if it makes you happy. Groups like that: Falungong, Taoist T'ai Chi society, etc., all occupy the gullible comic book reading students who want "superpowers" and would waste my time. In that, they do me and my colleagues and peers as service. I just hope that at least partially offsets the damage they do to people with their personality-driven teaching hierarchy, crap technique and shameless hucksterism. :D

And in the end, the so called "enlightened" person proves himself to be full of baloney. He goes on and on about how he is a good guy and he is being mischaracterized. Then he ends the post with more negative comments.

"Mantak Chia.......crap technique and shameless hucksterism."

Admit it. YOU are the person you are accusing us of being. YOU are the one talking smack. Grow some testicles and quit complaining when it is returned to you.

JohnnyMnemonic
08-07-2006, 08:40 AM
I never stated that classical physics explain everything. It can explain just about all of the feats of Chi gung. A lot of the stuff coming out today is pure theory. A lot of it can't be or is difficult to test.

Hiya Monkey! To me it looks like you are trying to set a trap. I would ignore TaiChiBob if I was you. He will waste your time. I been around here for a few years. TaiChiBob always answers with paragraphs of buzzwords or a recommendation to go read and come back when you are smarter. That is how he portrays himself as knowledgeable.

TaiChiBob? I know you will be unhappy about that. If you really are a Tai Chi man, you know that you need to look in the mirror and face yourself. If you really are a blowhard you need to admit that to yourself and quit wasting people's time by having them talk to you because they believe you when you say you have an answer.

If you really are as smart as you say, why can't you get your ideas across to others in a way they can understand? If you are the smartest man in the world but you are unable to communicate that knowledge to anyone, what good is the knowledge or you?

Monkey? I will fall into your trap. What do you want? You want to know what energy is involved in Kung Fu? It is an energy like electromagnetic energy. It has the properties of electromagnetic energy. It is invisible. It can move through any medium with varying speeds. It can enact changes in physical objects.

Your turn. Spring your trap on me. I need to wake you up so you can see reality instead of all those lies they fill your head with at school.

TaiChiBob
08-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Greetings..

Hi Johnny, thanks for noticing.. oh, by the way.. you might want to invest in a few mirrors of your own.. your sanctimonious and condescending attitude mixed with liberal doses of self-righteousness is just what this forum needs more of.... but, i give credit where credit is due, electro-magnetism is a good start.. but, it's just a start..

Be well..

Flying-Monkey
08-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Quantum Theory abides by the laws of thermodynamics. if it didn't, that theory would be thrown out the window. Actually, statistical quantum theory shows this.

John:

I don't claim to be any smarter than the next man. My point is that this "energy" term people throw around doesn't exist. It is all training and body conditioning

Flying-Monkey
08-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Look. talk to any prof. or physics student, and they will say basically the same thing about this stuff. Even most of the crazys would too.

JohnnyMnemonic
08-07-2006, 04:49 PM
My point is that this "energy" term people throw around doesn't exist. It is all training and body conditioning

Which energy term is that? Be specific. You have the ability to lie in wait for someone, then spring a physics formula on them. You want us to beleive you are intelligent and educated.

Why do you have trouble clearly enunciating what it is you mean by energy?

JohnnyMnemonic
08-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Greetings..

Hi Johnny, thanks for noticing.. oh, by the way.. you might want to invest in a few mirrors of your own.. your sanctimonious and condescending attitude mixed with liberal doses of self-righteousness is just what this forum needs more of

Great. There is lots more where that came from.

Of course, I would call it good natured and well intentioned urge to stop people wasting time and energy. I would give them their answers so they could move on to the next phase of life, instead of sitting around here wasting time talking for a year.

I don't understand the need some people have to waste time. You only have 80 years to live on this planet if you are lucky. Why throw away 5 of them convincing yourself chi exists? Why not convince yourself in 6 months and use the other 4 1/2 years to build your chi and learn how to use it?

But if that is sanctimonious and condescending in your world view, that is ok.

WanderingMonk
08-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Wondering monk:

You are correct. I was guess what energy Taichibob is talking about. The second equation is kinetic energy with relative mass. Are you a physics student too?

nope, Chemical Engineering is what I did many many moons ago.

JohnnyMnemonic
08-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Ok. I gotcha. Playing the "wise old kung fu guy" trick huh? Claim your silence is a mark of your wisdom?

If you don't say anything, nobody really knows whether you are wise or not. The people who want to believe in a silent wise kung fu guy will still flock to you. The ones that know better will leave you alone.

How much better can life get?

Nexus
08-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Life cannot get better but your attitude could.

Ok. I gotcha. Playing the "wise old kung fu guy" trick huh?
Claim your silence is a mark of your wisdom?

If you don't say anything, nobody really knows whether you are wise or not. The people who want to believe in a silent wise kung fu guy will still flock to you. The ones that know better will leave you alone.

How much better can life get?

neilhytholt
08-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Ask D'S'V about that guy ...

TaiChiBob
08-08-2006, 05:06 AM
Greetings..

Johnny: Please review your own posts.. it seems that you are conflicting with several people in varying degrees telling them that "you" have the answer.. i never assert that i have "the" answer.. i share my experiences, from my perspective, and let others determine the value..

I would give them their answers so they could move on to the next phase of life, instead of sitting around here wasting time talking for a year.
I don't understand the need some people have to waste time. You only have 80 years to live on this planet if you are lucky. Why throw away 5 of them convincing yourself chi exists? Why not convince yourself in 6 months and use the other 4 1/2 years to build your chi and learn how to use it?Wasting time? We're just sharing insights.. i'm not "convincing" anyone of anything, just presenting my own perspectives.. and, i am fully aware of Qi, and deeply involved in its cultivation..

How much better can life get? It could get a bit better if people wouldn't make so many assumptions.. As for "wise old kung fu guy", sorry.. i'm just another pilgrim on the path, sharing the experiences i've gained.. i have no particular need for anyone to adopt my perspectives.. i'm really not clear on your issues, but.. i have no particular need for that either..

Be well...

JohnnyMnemonic
08-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Life cannot get better but your attitude could.

Sure it could be. It all depends on the audience.

You ever speak to groups of people before? You ever been a teacher? When I was in a class, the teacher could talk for an hour and no one would ever say anything. After months went by, the teacher(s) got frustrated. They would talk and talk with no feedback. They were polite like teachers are supposed to be.

I saw this and I wondered what could be done about it. There is one sure fire way to see if something is alive or not. Poke it with a stick. No matter how hard the critter is trying to play possum, if you poke it with a stick, it will jerk and show you that it is alive.

I resolved to try this approach with people. I say something. It is greeted with complete silence. I say something else. More complete silence.

In order to see if anyone is alive and thinking out there, I purposefully say something that I hope will be a "stick" that will prod the human beings out there to say something.

In my experience, most people have been trained to be silent and accepting. It is easier to get money out of those people. I have to kick them around a little, get them used to speaking up again, then we all have a great time because we all speak to each other as mostly equals who are excited about learning the art of kung fu.

I could be all wrong. I will have to see how the experiment pans out. So far many people are much too weak. I say something to provoke them and instead of provoking conversation, they lose control of themselves or get in a huff and refuse to talk. What can you do? That is why I am looking for strong kung fu types who have the strength to withstand me.

What I am doing is trying to put my energy on someone. I want to do it for free. How can you beat that? But most people are too weak to take it. If you let me put my energy on you, it will hurt and be uncomfortable, but you will grow from it. Just like putting weights on your muscles makes them hurt an uncomfortable, but the muscles do grow if you can tough it out and stick with the exercise.

JohnnyMnemonic
08-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Greetings..

Johnny: Please review your own posts.. it seems that you are conflicting with

Be well...

I feel like I am floating on a large ball of toilet paper every time I read your posts. I am floating and everything is nice and soft and sweet.

That is a good way to take people to the gallows. Instead of them fighting you, you have them hypnotized and docile.

Let me say something for the benefit of the general readership. I will speak as if I am addressing you.

We all know that martial arts are divided between external and internal styles. External is usally described as hard and unyielding and masculine. Internal is usually described as soft, yieldind and feminine.

Most people learn that and turn off their brain. They know the answer so they no longer think. Me? If you listen to me for awhile, you will find I am like an auto mechanic. I am a nuts and bolts person that takes things apart to find out how they work. That is why I do not like that airy soft stuff that puts a person to sleep.

Being an auto mechanic, I call a nut a nut and a bolt a bolt. So let's talk about external and internal martial arts in terms that all of us will understand intuitively.

Look down between your legs. What do you see? Hopefully you will see something long, something hard, something that is external to your body. In real world useful nuts and bolts terms, a ***** is the inspiration for the term external. The ***** is external to the body. The ***** is hard. The ***** is unyeilding. The ***** is only found on men so it is masculine.

What do we see if we look between the legs of a woman? We see a hole. A hole that goes inside of the body. The vagina of the woman is internal to her body. The vagina is soft. The vagina is yielding. The vagina is only found on women so it is feminine.

We can throw out all that artsy ****sy airhead stuff about Internal and External and replace with with the above. External means a hard, strong, unyielding *****. Internal means a soft, yielding, hole that is the vagina.

Now Tai Chi Bob. You are a Tai Chi man. Tai Chi is an internal martial art. Therefore, you are learning to become a woman. That is a hard thing for many men to accept. They want to punch someone if they say that. But it is true. You are training yourself to become a soft, yielding, accepting vagina.

And you have succeeded. We can see it in your posting style. If someone says something hard to you like I did, what is your reply? It is soft, yielding vagina. My *****, my hard words, are absorbed by your vagina, your soft and yielding words.

Men like you who are really women absorb the strength out of men who are men like me.

That is hard to accept isn't it? But you know in your heart it is the truth. I could say the hardest thing in the world, and just like a woman you would open up a little wider and let me slide in some more.

That is why I do not like your speech style. You are a man. Yet I have to treat you like a woman. That makes me uncomfortable. And that fact that women and people like you suck the energy out of men like me means that it is that much harder for me to get through to people.

You put out that absorbing energy and you absorb all the ability for thought out of everyone else in the forums. They want to talk, but you sucked all their energy out of them. Just like a woman sucks the energy out of a man by her mere presence.

Oh well. I wanted to provide you with something to think about. Sometimes I talk too much. ;)