PDA

View Full Version : CCK taiji mantis muk Joong

Steeeve
08-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Hello mantis 108 (Robert)

Like said in the WC forum about the form

Gm Chiu chuk kai make the dummy form influenced by the weng chun of GmChu Chung Man....and from what I read add some of the tai Tzu style ....Does we could affirm than this form have any roots of mantis on it or ???

Does the influenced of weng chun is just the wooden dummy structure or the pattern of the form ..whats the in fluenced of tai tzu

I find difficult to have a mantis dummy forms influenced by others style .....I mean like if you take the dummy form of yip man (one of his version):) and put some hung gar with mantis on it....

I just have this form from the book ...I could not see the dynamic of the form...
but from the picture I could see mantis on it...

Could U please elaborate about that? and hope to see the bung bo ,lan jie and 8 elbows forms from u soon .....:D long time I ask for that...:)

Take care

Steeve

mantis108
08-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Hello mantis 108 (Robert)

Like said in the WC forum about the form

Gm Chiu chuk kai make the dummy form influenced by the weng chun of GmChu Chung Man....and from what I read add some of the tai Tzu style ....Does we could affirm than this form have any roots of mantis on it or ???

Yes, the inspiration of using mantis technique on a wooden dummy such as the one used in the Yong Chun (Weng Chun) style definitely happen because of their association. Many of the Sau Fa/Shou Fa or what we call Taizu Duanda (Grand Emperor's Short Strike) in our line of mantis are found in this form. In fact, anyone who have seen my Sau Fa and the Wooden dummy form would concur that these are indeed found in the WD form. Many have admired the ingenius composition that GM Chiu did to the form.

Does the influenced of weng chun is just the wooden dummy structure or the pattern of the form ..whats the in fluenced of tai tzu

Exactly how much influence of Yong Chun wooden dummy form has on our form is one of the area that I am looking into. This is why I like to talk to the GM Chu Chung Man's people. Like I said Sifu Andreas Hoffmann did say that he can see a relationship between certain moves. The Taizu infuence is very much seen in the Sau Fa that we do. Even in the first section of 12 Sau Fa there are a few that's done differently from mainstream Mantis but is recognizably mantis moves IMHO.

I find difficult to have a mantis dummy forms influenced by others style .....I mean like if you take the dummy form of yip man (one of his version):) and put some hung gar with mantis on it....

Well, this is why it would take someone like GM Chiu who's an adept with the mantis and his sworn brother who's also an Kung Fu expert to put something that ground breaking into mantis training methodology. :)

I just have this form from the book ...I could not see the dynamic of the form... but from the picture I could see mantis on it...

Did you get the VCD on the form by Sifu Jack Wong? I think you baught the book from me a long time ago but the VCD wasn't available then.

Could U please elaborate about that? and hope to see the bung bo ,lan jie and 8 elbows forms from u soon .....:D long time I ask for that...:)

That's pretty much what I can say about the subject unless you have specific question that you would like to have answered. Well, I am working with my mentor Galen and his disciple Andrew Yuen on some projects at the moment. So stay tuned, my friend. :)

Warm regards

Robert

Steeeve
08-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Thank Robert

Let me know ....when ur project are done ....Im ur fan:) ...for the CCK Mantis..

Does the dvd of the muk jong is always availaible?

Steeve