PDA

View Full Version : Props to Phil Redomond

Knifefighter
08-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Well, worlds collided and I met up with Phil and a couple of his students. Phil is a great guy with some funny stories... and I like what he and his guys are doing with WC. Phil is a great representative for WC.

Phil’s senior student (I apologize that I have forgotten his name) greatly impressed me, not only with his WC skills, but, even more so, as to how he came across as a person of integrity and loyalty. It’s too bad that he is heading off for Australia, as it would be fun to get together with him and explore additional ideas.

I definitely came away with a better respect for what some people are doing with WC, as well as an interest in checking things out further in the future.

Phil, next time you are here, make sure to get in touch with me again.

Phil Redmond
08-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Ya see. All WC isn't the same. ;)

Props to you too Dale. You give us "young" guys a good name with your no nonsense approach to fighting. And you're in excellent shape. I sent you the videos of the exchanges in the park. I'll keep them between us and my student. We don't need any keyboard warrior nitpicking on what coulda shoulda.

Phil

Phil Redmond
08-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Dale, I told Victor that you were a very good MA and a really nice guy. :)

Phil

Ultimatewingchun
08-06-2006, 03:34 PM
I wasn't surprised about the first part...but Dale turning out to be a "real nice guy"...as Phil put it to me in a phone call...

NOW THAT WAS A SHOCKER !!! :eek: :D :rolleyes: :cool:

anerlich
08-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Props to all you guys for such a positive get together.

Knifefighter
08-07-2006, 07:02 AM
NOW THAT WAS A SHOCKER !!!=:
See what happens when worlds collide...

The obnoxious, A-hole, anti-WC/CMA, KF that you have come to hate now ceases to exist as you have known him. The Bizarro world will now be a much more boring place.

Just as the genius philosopher George Costanza predicted.

gabe
08-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Research is research. Nice to see it.

Ultimatewingchun
08-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Now you guys know why the guys in the school elected Phil the "president" of the first TWC school/club here in NYC (back in 1984) that was run by myself, Phil, and Sonny Whitmore...after William Cheung tested the 3 of us to Level 3 (not even quite "assistant instructor" status yet)...so it was a "club" that developed into a "school" as the 3 of us passed more tests and got better at the system and at teaching.

So in the beginning it was a bit of a zoo...and Phil had the type of personality that basically everybody could get along with; ie.- Phil and I have about one blowout every 4 years or so (usually because I decide to push things to the outer edges of envelopeville - and then we become good buddies again pretty quickly.:cool: )

Although president-or-no-president...I can kick his A55. :p ;) :rolleyes:

Ernie
08-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Props To Phil !
4 sure ,,, simply because Phil is just a cool dude ,,, honestly when i got to hang it with Phil i really could have cared less about talking wing Chun [ but Phil is so d@amn enthusiastic about it haha ]
I just wanted to kick it with Phil have some laughs and get to know the guy

So hey Phil we got some un finished Biz ,,, some good food , Sangria and a good cigar haha ;)

sihing
08-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Even though I have never met Phil, I sort of think of him as an Embassador of sorts, representing Wing Chun. He's been around the art for a long long time and has choosen his present system to practice/teach in. He's loyal to that lineage but shows respect to others from different families. He listens and is eager to meet others that may do things differently than himself. He is for sure a great example to all of us.

Keep up the great work Phil..:D

J

Knifefighter
08-07-2006, 04:50 PM
See what happens when worlds collide...

Knocked the forum clean out of existence for a while... kind of like Dim Mak.

Eliver
08-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Nice meeting you phil

Phil Redmond
08-07-2006, 06:42 PM
. . . . Although president-or-no-president...I can kick his A55. :p ;) :rolleyes:
Hey Victor, I'm in NJ (only a short drive away). :D
El Presidente

Phil Redmond
08-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Nice meeting you phil
And you too.
Phil

AmanuJRY
08-08-2006, 06:03 AM
Knocked the forum clean out of existence for a while... kind of like Dim Mak.

LMFAO...that's awesome. :D

Sounds like I missed an important meeting.;)

Phil and Dale,

You guys both seem pretty cool and I hope to one day cross paths with both of ya.

Viva el Presidente!

Ultimatewingchun
08-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Getting in my car right now. Should be there in about 1.5 hours. Be prepared to feel some serious pain.

-THE SCORPIO ASSASSIN :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :cool:

Phil Redmond
08-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Getting in my car right now. Should be there in about 1.5 hours. Be prepared to feel some serious pain.

-THE SCORPIO ASSASSIN :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :cool:
Man, with the traffic in this area it'll take you longer than that. :rolleyes:

Phil Redmond
01-19-2010, 06:13 AM
This was the thread Dale aka Knifefighter made after we met in L.A.
Everything was friendly. Like I said Dale is a nice guy. :D