PDA

View Full Version : This is the crap that i hate!!

Flying-Monkey
08-06-2006, 03:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4CkihhjDCA&NR

This is the corniest crap i have seen. The shots were not shots. It is just move forward with your arms out to the sides and let the other guy punch you and throw you down.

This looks good to some people. However, it is just that the attacker is in demo practice mode and the teacher is in heavy hit spar mode. This clown is just beating his students just to look good. His technique should show his skills not this crap.

SanHeChuan
08-06-2006, 04:32 PM
If your going to teaching your students how to counter a technique from another style you have to be intimately familiar with that technique, and teach your students how to do it right before they can learn how to counter it properly.

about half way through the video the students start trying harder, but they are still only wing chun guys. They don't know how to execute a proper take down to begin with.

Other than that I don't think what they were doing was too far outside the realm of probability.

Whats with kicking the guy in the head 5 times, maybe they don't have excessive force laws where their from?

Wood Dragon
08-06-2006, 04:40 PM
0:26 what the Hell kind of unchambered punches were those that the Instructor did to the prone guy? Is that the infamous "chain punch"?

Sucks.

SanHeChuan
08-06-2006, 05:05 PM
chambers suck :p

dainos
08-06-2006, 08:37 PM
they need some big guy to take them down. THEN see if those work. :cool:
there weren't any real hits there.

Dragon Warrior
08-06-2006, 10:28 PM
I hate this stuff to.
It looked like his defense was to smack the guy in the back of the neck.

Golden Arms
08-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Not that these guys are the best I have seen or anything, but I am reasonably sure they would work the average person pretty quickly regardless. I love how everyone always posts how this and that would never work on them, LOL. They are the most fun to convince in real life ;)

Ben Gash
08-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Apparently in wing Tsun world no-one grabs your legs when they're on the floor :rolleyes:

Golden Arms
08-08-2006, 10:44 AM
And yes, that is a good point ;)

BigPandaBear
08-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Part of the reason people think stuff like this wouldn't work is because someone going for the takedown is usually a heck of a lot bigger than you are. A 130lb guy isn't going to try to takedown someone who is 250lbs, that's just not going to happen, however the reverse is almost always true.

Secondly, wrestlers tend to be well conditioned to take punishment. Judo for example has people getting slammed to the mat constantly, and that builds resistance and toughens the body up. Several times I got tossed to the mat during my white belt days, I got the wind knocked out of me. It took me a good month or so before I was able to withstand constant throws and takedowns in randori. You think someone who is used to doing one-step drills and punching air is going to have the stopping power to stop a determined grappler from taking them down? I've seen boxers get taken down rather easily to know that that's simply not the case.

Third, punching someone who is below your waist level reduces your power, especially if that person is tackling you, and if that person knows what they're doing, they'll tackle you using their shoulders, so kneeing them to the face isn't an option either. Anyone who's played football knows exactly what I'm talking about.

If you want to learn how to anti-grapple, you have to learn how to grapple in the first place.