PDA

View Full Version : defense against Zinedine Zidane's headbutt

The Xia
08-07-2006, 01:57 PM
With all of these how-to-defend-against threads popping up, I decided to start this one. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAjWi663kXc
So, what would you do?

Crushing Fist
08-07-2006, 02:01 PM
not insult his mother...

Ben Gash
08-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Not go down like a sack of sh*t when somebody headbutts you in the chest!! I mean really, who headbutts someone in the chest?
The other thing I don't get is when soccer players claim that they were so provoked that they had to respond violently, yet give one little dig and then try and hide amongst the other players. If someone had wound me up that badlt there'd be some ground 'n' pound going on.

The Xia
08-07-2006, 02:58 PM
lol it is a strange thing to do when you think about it. We all know about sucker punches but sucker headbutts to the chest isn't something you see often.

Ao Qin
08-07-2006, 04:30 PM
So was this a good headbut or not? Did the Italian player go down on purpose for the penalty? If he had side-stepped, would Zidane have gone sprawling?

When I saw it, I thought it was a very odd choice for an attack - but it "seemed" very effective!

Good topic Xia!

MantisWarrior
08-07-2006, 05:38 PM
he's a soccer player, they don't use their hands (except the goalie) so the head was logical unless he wants to kick him in the balls. that would probably end his line of generation getting kicked by a soccer player haha

nice head butt! (i have no affiliation with either team just a great headbutt):D

Ao Qin
08-11-2006, 07:15 PM
O.K. - football players don't use their hand's in a game...but still, if he was enraged, wouldn't he still have instinctively pushed the guy first as most sporting types do when they get mad?

Anyway, very unusual technique - and "apparently" - very effective! Zidane must have Shaolin Iron-Head training like the movie Master Killer showed us!

monkeyfoot
08-12-2006, 06:46 AM
theres a mens magazine in the uk called 'nuts'

it had an article with Chris Crudelli (mind, body and kickass moves) explaining the best way to defend against Zidanes headbutt

was quite interesting

craig

JohnnyMnemonic
08-12-2006, 07:52 AM
So was this a good headbut or not? Did the Italian player go down on purpose for the penalty? If he had side-stepped, would Zidane have gone sprawling?

When I saw it, I thought it was a very odd choice for an attack - but it "seemed" very effective!

Not if you understand why he did it.

You don't have to know kung fu to know about energy. Most people in the world except for the industrialized countries know all about energy. It is only in the west people have been lied to and told there is no such thing.

Zinedane comes from one of those third world cultures. He grew up with the knowledge.

CaptinPickAxe
08-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Yes...it's effective. If your fighting a flopper like a soccer player.

I'd say a good defense to a headbutt like that would be the same hight as the "victim" or a few inches taller, but IMHO no defense is needed in a situation like this. If he was 2 or 3 inches shorter it may have been a doosy....right on the kisser.

Ao Qin
08-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Yes, well, thanks for the responses, but...

What did that article say would be the best way to defend against this attack?

Alright, he grew up in a certain culture and knows about energy - could you explain this further?!? "Why" did he do it ?

CPA - what is a "flopper"? I don't understand your rational for a defense...can you please extrapolate?

Cheers - AQ

David Jamieson
08-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Not go down like a sack of sh*t when somebody headbutts you in the chest!! I mean really, who headbutts someone in the chest?

looks like he got him right in the xiphoid process. that'll take a dude down.

besides that, I can think of a lot of guys including myself who would use the headbutt. mostly to the face a la "the nutter"TM

JohnnyMnemonic
08-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Alright, he grew up in a certain culture and knows about energy - could you explain this further?!? "Why" did he do it ?

I hope you don't mind playing along. I want to go step by step.

Why did Zinedane headbutt the other guy? Be specific if you can please.

Sifu Darkfist
08-12-2006, 08:04 PM
I would simply employ the baji punch, elbow, shoulder, headbutt.
fight butt with butt

Vajramusti
08-13-2006, 07:02 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to a London Times story---the Italian player at first grabbed Z's shirt. Z said that he can have it after the game and started walking away.

The Times employed a fluent Italian speaker and a lip reader and went over the film... supposedly Z was called the son of a terrorist ***** or ***** (I forget which exactly)-that when Z turned, advanced and head butted him. Theses are athletes in top shape- for the player to be dropped- some head butt!

joy chaudhuri

Vajramusti
08-13-2006, 07:02 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to a London Times story---the Italian player at first grabbed Z's shirt. Z said that he can have it after the game and started walking away.

The Times employed a fluent Italian speaker and a lip reader and went over the film... supposedly Z was called the son of a terrorist ***** or ***** (I forget which exactly)-that when Z turned, advanced and head butted him. Theses are athletes in top shape- for the player to be dropped- some head butt!

joy chaudhuri

JohnnyMnemonic
08-13-2006, 08:36 PM

joy chaudhuri

That is what I heard too. Thank you.

What kind of a person would say that to another person? Of course it is very common for people to call each other all kinds of things. It happens so much that many people do not think anything of it.

If we are talking good people though, what kind of a person would say what the other guy said to Zinedine? A very nasty and dirty kind of person. A person that some might even use the word evil to describe.

I am trying to think of the best way to phrase the next question so as to elicit the answer I want.............

Where do you think hate comes from?

JohnnyMnemonic
08-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Hatred comes from the heart.

In Egypt they have a saying. A person who says awful and nasty things like that soccer player did would be described as a "black hearted" person. That is because in order to generate that hate, the person has to squeeze their heart. That is not good. If you have ever seen one of those open heart operations on TV, you know that your heart looks real flimsy and rubbery. Squeezing the heart to make it produce hate is unhealthy for it.

Zinedine is a muslim man. He would have the cultural background of knowing that hate comes from the heart. He would understand the stuff about people who say bad things being black hearted.

Go watch the video again. People say Zinidine hit the other guy in the chest. That is because that is what they see. They look and see the chest.

What is inside of the chest? The heart. Zinidine is not headbutting the guy in the chest, he is putting the hit right on that bad guy's black heart.

If he did it right, that other guy is going to be sick for 6 months or more. That head butt was like an internal strike to the heart.

Ao Qin
08-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Hi!

Ok - so the guy taunts his mother, etc. - like a Monty Python skit. Apparently, from what I've read, this type of "taunting" & very insultage goes on all the time on the field - constantly. Zidane gives the same, as good as he gets, every game, all the time. In fact, his record is less than stellar in any event.

Also, from what I've read, Zidane is not a practicing Muslim. Maybe he is now, I don't know.

JM - from what you're saying, Zidane purposefully, with millions of people viewing the event, head-butted the guy in his black-heart - a conscious act in the heat of the moment? That's a very intersting theory! But true or not, it worked - or seemed to!

No one else has any commentary / insights about this?

Ta - aq