PDA

View Full Version : hall of fame open and grappling!!!

Sifu Darkfist
08-08-2006, 03:32 PM
The 10th annual Hall of Fame Open will host grappling at this years event the details so far are as follows (might be slight changes)
in addition to our massive Traditional Martial Arts and San Shou Tournament hosted by Sifu Scott Sheely/ and Grandmaster Yang
we will host the

Ohio Grappling Challenge
held by Dustin Ware
contact info
cell number 614 288 0398
Email bjj@yahoo.com

two types of grappling with gi and without gi.
two divisions according too ability
beginner under 2 years, advanced over two years experience.
weight divisions will be as follows
women and children
only light and heavy weight divisions.
Men
up to 154.9
155-174.9
175-189.9
190-209.9
210-up

Prices for men is $55 women and children is $45.
ALL GRAPLING RULES ARE ACCORDING TO NORTH AMERICAN GRAPPLING ASSOCIATION
and can be found at www.nagafighter.com

lkfmdc
08-08-2006, 04:32 PM
date?????

location???

details???

Sifu Darkfist
08-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Sorry, i was so busy last night that I completely forgot all those details
Oct 14 2006 at the University of Akron Hall

Coach Ross Would be better served by contacting Grandmaster Yang directly or Sifu Scott Sheely, as i would suggest all major Schools do.
The Link to all the information is under "hall of fame open" in my tournament page.
Or go to www.wutangcenter.com
This tournament always draws big CMA names and According to Scott it is going to be quite large this year in the Grappling arena as well.

Three Harmonies
08-10-2006, 08:10 AM
Grappling at a CMA tourney eh?!?! Sounds like fun! Are numbers down that much, or are you guys switching formats for the future?
Out of couriosity why has there never been any Shuai Chiao divisions?
Wish I could make it. Have fun guys!
Jake :cool:

lkfmdc
08-10-2006, 08:17 AM
wow, too much stuff going on, would love to do this, but it is just one week before the show at Mohegan Sun :eek:

Sifu Darkfist
08-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Grappling at a CMA tourney eh?!?! Sounds like fun! Are numbers down that much, or are you guys switching formats for the future?
Out of couriosity why has there never been any Shuai Chiao divisions?
Wish I could make it. Have fun guys!
Jake :cool:

Numbers are fine we just embrace reality, sometimes the old sticks in the mud must be moved lol:) .
People want grappling therefore we will offer it to them.
Besides like our friend Sifu Scott Sheely says, we need to accept all styles and be more integrated, why chase away atheletes because of origin?

And in my words this is the United States of America, not China. If you want to be ethnocentrically centered in tournaments it is best to do it in areas that are hom ogenious.
As for Shuai Chaio there are very few Shuai Chaio competitors to attend our area tournaments , but hark they can now test there metal in the grappling. Our San Shou allows for the use of Shuai Chaio as well.

Thanks, Coach/ Sifu David Ross, We appreciate your input and would love to see you in the future. My fighters would also love to come up there when possible so feel free to email me any seminars or tournaments you recommend and we will consider them

James:D

Sang Feng Fan
08-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Darkfist,

Will the Wutang branch from Alaska be attending this year?

Thank you.

unkokusai
08-11-2006, 02:57 PM
People want grappling therefore we will offer it to them.

Good thinking!

Sifu Darkfist
08-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Darkfist,

Will the Wutang branch from Alaska be attending this year?

Thank you.

Probably, Master Wong makes it a habit to send somebody, and many times he himself arrives. Maybe they will see this and reply. However Master Yang is leaving for China this Weekend and the only focus he has placed me on is regarding assisting the gentleman that are conducting contact events, my time has been tight. Perhaps one of my brothers my Know?