PDA

View Full Version : Hello Mantis People

Mantis Pride
08-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi, my name is Tom and I study Mantis also. Long Fist praying Mantis actually.
I study here in Philadelphia, Pa. Its a great school, Great atmosphere and awesome Shifu. Im trying to learn forms of other praying mantis styles as I can see we all differ some way or another. I've seen Bung Po done a bunch of different ways since roaming these sites.

Hopefully I can make some new friends here. :)

yu shan
08-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Good to have you on board. If you ever get down the Tennessee way, stop in. Does your school have a web-site?

Mantis Pride
08-10-2006, 10:45 AM
No, not yet. One of the other students is making one now.

My School is called Mantis School of Boxing and the Shifu is Billel Whitaker. So look for it soon.

:)

onyomi
08-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Interesting that you do Longfist Mantis. Is your lineage related to Gao Dao Sheng, maybe? If so, it's probably fairly similar to what I do.

Mantis Pride
08-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Im not sure but I can find out. Im very unclear of my lineage chart. I do know my Grand Master is Tsung Young Ho who has a school named Ho's Academy in Harleysville PA.

Theres alot of things I should know but just don't. But I don't go as much as I should now due to work schedule. And the Last set I've done is Li Pi (sp)

Three Harmonies
08-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Welcome bro! You may also want to check out www.mantisquarterly.com/forum for other Mantids!
Cheers
Jake :cool:

mantis108
08-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Hope you will enjoy the community. Pleasant visits and happy postings.

Regards

Mantis108

mooyingmantis
08-10-2006, 05:18 PM
MantisPride,
Welcome! There are some really knowledgeable peeps here and at Mantis Quarterly. Enjoy the reads! And we will be looking forward to your posts concerning Long Fist Mantis. :)
Richard

Mantis Pride
08-11-2006, 05:59 AM
Thanks all of you. I look forward to speaking to you all more. I like to train everyday but only know so much. So this is that push train harder and learn more.:D

Mantis Pride
08-14-2006, 05:20 AM
Interesting that you do Longfist Mantis. Is your lineage related to Gao Dao Sheng, maybe? If so, it's probably fairly similar to what I do.

In my Lineage Chart we have Wu Fong Tong who taught Mountain & Longfist Praying Mantis to Ho Tseung Young. ( Had it Backwards:rolleyes: ) Our Schools Website will be up THIS WEEK. I will post the link once it's up. Our school is the first traditional in Philadelphia. Something sifu says with Pride.:D

Mantis Pride
08-15-2006, 08:47 AM
To be certain I took pics of our Lineage Chart.:D

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/tomd410/LIneage.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/tomd410/LongfistLineage.jpg