PDA

View Full Version : Who was the Red Eyebrow Priest??

TenTigers
08-10-2006, 06:46 PM
This person appears in several lineages. Does anyone know who he was? Which styles was he credited with practicing? There is also a Red Eyebrow sect, and there is Hung Mei P'ai in NY and Colorado. I have heard that he was credited with the creation of Kwang Sai Jook Lum Ji Nam Tang Long P'ai as well.

The Xia
08-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Hong Mei (Red Eyebrows) is said to have appointed Jee Sin as head of the Shaolin temple at his death. It is also said that Chu Long Tuyen, who would later be called Bak Mei, wasn't happy with this. Thus starts another version of the Bak Mei tale.

unkokusai
08-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Wasn't he the abbey at the Low-Ceiling Temple?

SevenStar
08-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Wasn't he the abbey at the Low-Ceiling Temple?

the fact that you had any input at all here threw me for a loop.... are you interested in cma history?

unkokusai
08-11-2006, 02:55 PM
the fact that you had any input at all here threw me for a loop.... are you interested in cma history?

Why would that throw you for a loop?:confused:

David Jamieson
08-11-2006, 03:29 PM
hmmm...

A kungfu monk who worked in the henna production part of the monastery?

A sottish missionary that drank a lot of dew and scrapped people instead of taking their confessions? Used to claim that they'd have absolution if they could beat him.

Not sure. Everyone's heard of white eyebrow thanks to the enduring kungfu style and the copius chop sockey flicks about him and his beef with the south shaolin boyz. Never heard of a red eyebrow monk. However, I had never heard teh word pedunculated until last thursday in a conversation I was having with a dental hygienist.

:p