PDA

View Full Version : new feature on this site-the multi quote

jethro
08-16-2006, 03:15 PM
what does it do? I am scared to try it:o

Mook Jong
08-16-2006, 06:49 PM
It does exactly what it says. It allows you to quote multiple posts. All you have to do is click on that new icon next to the quote button for all the posts you wish to quote and then hit "Post Reply" :D

Oso
08-16-2006, 06:54 PM
It does exactly what it says. It allows you to quote multiple posts. All you have to do is click on that new icon next to the quote button for all the posts you wish to quote and then hit "Post Reply" :D

holy cow...that feature is just asking for abuse.....I bet it get's yanked soon.

rogue
08-16-2006, 07:00 PM
holy cow...that feature is just asking for abuse.....I bet it get's yanked soon.

rogue
08-16-2006, 07:03 PM

I just multi-quoted twice and I think it was coded to not copy quotes in the posts. I like how it brings you to the origianl post when you click the arrow. Awesome.

Oso
08-16-2006, 07:07 PM
I just multi-quoted twice and I think it was coded to not copy quotes in the posts. I like how it brings you to the origianl post when you click the arrow. Awesome.

if I were moderator I'd ban us all.

lol...couldn't resist but no more...I bet they just upgraded the version and havn't tweaked things they don't like...Gene has got to no better than to let this feature stay with us bunch of JD's.

David Jamieson
08-16-2006, 09:45 PM
one of the wonders of php is that these pages don't actually exist until you ask for them.

where the load is, is in the database which must be cared for. The actual pages of the forum take up very little space on a webserver.

Now when there is a heavy user load, it can strain things a little, even a lot if you have a crappy server. but otherwise, none of this exists as actually pages of content.

BM2
08-16-2006, 10:10 PM
one of the wonders of php is that these pages don't actually exist until you ask for them.

but otherwise, none of this exists .

Whoaa.........KFO is really like the Matrix?

Mr Punch
08-17-2006, 12:07 AM
Whoaa.........KFO is really like the Matrix?Yeah. Only with more spoons.

GeneChing
08-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks for noticing. There's some other updates that have just been instigated, such as the way to edit your posts is improved slightly. There's a whole new version of vBulletin that we're looking at right now and may upload soon. Always trying to improve things around here. ;)

SifuAbel
08-17-2006, 10:32 AM
Whoaa.........KFO is really like the Matrix?

Yeah. Only with more spoons.

Thanks for noticing. There's some other updates that have just been instigated, such as the way to edit your posts is improved slightly. There's a whole new version of vBulletin that we're looking at right now and may upload soon. Always trying to improve things around here. ;)

Whoa!! This will make flaming every piece meal, out of context, twisted around point ad nauseum infinitum eternus rex.

Thanks!!!

jethro
08-17-2006, 10:01 PM

yeah, I have been slacking on my internet fu