PDA

View Full Version : Striking is superior to grappling - the proof is right here!

Chang Style Novice
10-22-2001, 06:45 PM
If you strike constantly, you will end up with a score of 300, a perfect game.

However, if all you do is grapple, all of your throws will result in foul outs for a final score of zero, the worst possible outcome.

This post has been brought to you by the committee to start ignorant, irrelevant BS.

Ryu
10-22-2001, 06:54 PM
I'm really getting into bowling lately, but am trying to get better. I want to get over 200 but my scores fall to 150, 168, etc. I'm almost there. Bowling is great fun. :D Love it.

Love judo too though :D

Ryu

http://judoinfo.com/images/kimuraosawa.jpg

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Water Dragon
10-22-2001, 06:59 PM
But new shoes, the funkier your shoes look, the higher your average goes.

Most actions of men can be explained by observing a pack of dogs. Not wild dogs, just neighborhood dogs who all scurry under the fence on the same night and set off together to reclaim a glimmer of the glory their species possessed before domestication.

Kung Lek
10-22-2001, 07:01 PM
is an empty cup the same as an empty bowl?

:D

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

Chang Style Novice
10-22-2001, 07:01 PM
You guys are going to let me know when I've achieved my goal of "silliest person on the forum," right?

Chang Style Novice
10-22-2001, 07:04 PM
Does a seven-ten split use the same technique as a double-leg takedown?

KC Elbows
10-22-2001, 07:31 PM
Chang,
Yes, exactly the same technique. The ancient masters, in their boundless wisdom, did not include the bowling balls in their forms, in an attempt to hide the real martial technique. So, when you do the 7-10 split, your body should also execute a perfect double leg takedown, which will astound any nearby bowlers. They might even giggle in amazement at your perfect form.

And Kung Lek, while an empty cup is always good, an empty bowl just means you bought all those doritos and Zingers for nothing. :D

Chang Style Novice:
Your Silliest Person on the Forum Fu is quite good, but you haven't a prayer against my Goof Chuan!!!(KC Elbows assumes the posture Evil Clown Kicks the Bearded Lady)

Nexus
10-22-2001, 07:31 PM
It sounds like our Buddhist, Ryu, has a desire :) to get over 200 hehe!

I used to bowl in a league, it was great. Besides the fact that you are surrounded by quite a lot of smoking and get your share of second hand smoke. But now locally smoking is banned in the bowling alleys :eek:

- Nexus

Shaolin36
10-22-2001, 08:00 PM
If an elephant is driving a canoe through the desert and gets a flat tire, how many pancakes can you stuff in an eleophants ear.

None-cause a snake has no legs!

Shaolin36