PDA

View Full Version : To: ImperialTaichi

mantis108
08-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi ImperialTaichi,

I don't want to hijack the other thread. So I open this one to reply to your post. Hope you don't mind.

Thanks Omarthefish and Mantis108 for your comments. I am refering to the phrase translated by Mantis. I apologise for my sometimes inability to present the phase phoenetically correct.

You are most welcome, my friend. Glad to be of service. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis108 View Post

Zhen Xain is Zhun Yang Wu Yin (Pure Yang without Yin) basically non dualistic in nature in layman's term.

Yes, that's why a lot of top Daoist/Martial artists goes by the name with the word "Yang" in it: e.g.

Chong Yang Zhen Ren (Double Yang Real Human/Immortal) who founded Chuen Zhen Pai; and
Zi Yang Zhen Ren (Purple Yang Real Human/Immortal) who wrote many Daoist text.

Zhen Ren is also an official title given by the Emperors. Not everyone can be called Zhen Ren. I think that convention began during Song dynasty. It was further developed by Ming imperial court as a counter balance to the Buddhist sects. Ming dynasty had a very tight control on both religions. In fact, some of the regulations for the religions put in place then are still in practice. So...

And in many texts I have read about methods to cultivate Zhen Yang... but I cannot recall any that descibes methods to cultivate Zhen Yin?

Well, it depends on the contexts of Zhen Yang and Zhen Yang IMHO. Zhen Yin is a state rather than something substantial. Being insubstantial is the major attribute of Yin; thus, it isn't something that one strive to cultivate. It occurs naturally under the right conditions. It is like one is envaloped by a cool sea breeze or sometime it's like in the presence of an infinite space that is ever expanding. It seems that it came from the deepest core of his/her being but then it seems it's not from there either. It's a very comfortable state.

Yet in acupuncture/Chinese medicine we always talk about balancing Yin and Yang?

Chinese medicine is base on organic and holistic worldview; therefore, balance between Yin-Yang is important. Blood and Yin and Qi is Yang. This should be view as a continuum although Yin Yang really are attributes not substances. Their relationship is that of mother and son from the point of view of blood and from the point of view of the Qi, it's commander and troop. When the balance between the 2 is reached, they produce Jing. This is the "raw" material - lead - for internal alchemy. Most secular folks would waste this raw material but Daoist would harness this for their practice. The balance and mixing only happen when the blood is not polluted and Qi is mild yet strong (like a babe) - Yin Ping Yang Mi. In layman's term, one would have to be healthy.

In my own quest I seek Zhen Yang for martial arts, while balancing Yin and Yang for health....

You are on the right track IMHO. Zhen Yang is for meditation, internal alchemy, Kung Fu, etc... Truth can be applied anywhere and on anything.

Just some thoughts to share.

Warm regards

Mantis108

Scott R. Brown
08-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Hi Mantis108,

You have been postiing very interesting information on these threads. Thank you for your contributions. :)

mantis108
08-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Thank you very much for the supports and kind words, my friend. I am glad you enjoy the posts. I have great pleasure in reading your contributions also. It's great to be discussion interesting topics with like minded people such as yourself and others.

Warm regards

Robert (Mantis108)

imperialtaichi
08-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Hello Mantis108,

Thanks for your concise and clear explanations. Good stuff :)

Cheers,
John