PDA

View Full Version : Park Bok Nam Top Student Fighting

Ford Prefect
08-20-2006, 06:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhOQq-n32yk

Looks limitted with no face blows. It did look a little sloppy, but I understand it's hard to look good in a stomach hitting content. He had decent footwork. It's funny. I saw a still picture of this clip in Bok Nam's book, and I always imagined the fight a bit less restricted. ;)

lunghushan
08-20-2006, 12:11 PM
What tourney is that where they wear gloves like that?

cjurakpt
08-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Battle of the Butlers?

The Cadburry Challenge?

Colloid
08-20-2006, 11:39 PM

Looks limitted with no face blows. It did look a little sloppy, but I understand it's hard to look good in a stomach hitting content. He had decent footwork. It's funny. I saw a still picture of this clip in Bok Nam's book, and I always imagined the fight a bit less restricted. ;)

The picture in Park's book shows the black guy wearing the light color, and the asian guy wearing the dark color.

Ford Prefect
08-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Either way, it's the same guy. I don't get the gloves either. Why even bother...

Colloid
09-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Either way, it's the same guy. I don't get the gloves either. Why even bother...
Nope. It's not the same guy.

SBonzak
09-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Nope. It's not the same guy.

LIsten to him...he studies with the man who you think is in the video ;)

-Steve

CrazyPalms
09-04-2006, 07:52 AM
So sad you would put a clip of someone loosing a fight!!!! The best part is your not even sure if its who you say it is !!! LOL !!Anyway I cant find it but i here that
there is another tape of him winning a fight you should it it an put that up insted???
Then you sould put some tapes of you self loosing a fight??? I not trying to defend nobody!! And i am not a student of Parks! But i have seen him in person and his skills are TOP NOTCH!!!! I just dont get what you or anybody gets out of this clip???? Anyone who wants to learn to fight is going to get an ass lickin someday!!!! Its all part of learning to fight!!!!!!

Somtimes you got get a little to give little!:D

lü dongbin
09-05-2006, 02:41 AM
This tournament has taken place in the 1980's in Taipei, Taiwan and it was a sort of national kuoshu tournament. The black was an american soldier student of PBN in Korea. His experience hardly reached - at the time of the tournament - 12 months of practice. He is not G. Wright.

Ford Prefect
09-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Odd. So he is a student of Park at least.

Also, are we to believe that Glen Wright's tourney's were less restricted where the same exact garb was worn?

I wasn't knocking Park at all. I have actually trained with Park personally before and regularly with a student group of his. I'll refrain from comment on my time spent there. I do think Park has some real skill...

I wonder if his opponent died of liquified organs after. ;)

lunghushan
09-07-2006, 04:51 PM
So sad you would put a clip of someone loosing a fight!!!! The best part is your not even sure if its who you say it is !!! LOL !!Anyway I cant find it but i here that
there is another tape of him winning a fight you should it it an put that up insted???
Then you sould put some tapes of you self loosing a fight??? I not trying to defend nobody!! And i am not a student of Parks! But i have seen him in person and his skills are TOP NOTCH!!!! I just dont get what you or anybody gets out of this clip???? Anyone who wants to learn to fight is going to get an ass lickin someday!!!! Its all part of learning to fight!!!!!!

Somtimes you got get a little to give little!:D

Uh, chill out a little. Somebody else won the fight, right?

lü dongbin
09-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Odd. So he is a student of Park at least. that's what he said.

Also, are we to believe that Glen Wright's tourney's were less restricted where the same exact garb was worn? why should you suppose things? find someone who was there and get a detailed report..

I wasn't knocking Park at all. I have actually trained with Park personally before and regularly with a student group of his. I'll refrain from comment on my time spent there. I do think Park has some real skill... you opened a thread on this video and I wrote the comments of Mr. PBN on it.

I wonder if his opponent died of liquified organs after. ;)I doubt it! at least after only 12 months training... :D

metsubushi
09-08-2006, 07:51 AM
Also, are we to believe that Glen Wright's tourney's were less restricted where the same exact garb was worn?

It was the 80's. Who gives a ****.

Ford Prefect
09-11-2006, 06:53 AM
Obviously you guys since you are getting all bent out of shape.