PDA

View Full Version : nan gun

golden arhat
08-20-2006, 03:38 PM
who thinks nan gun could be effective and does anyone have any good videos or instructional diagrams/vids online ?

Mano Mano
08-22-2006, 11:30 AM
By nan gun can you be bit more specific do you mean the southern long pole or the way southern systems use the standard staff
Most of the people on the southern forum use Cantonese or Haka.
In Cantonese the termed is gwun not gun

Eddie
08-22-2006, 11:48 AM
He’s probably talking about the contemporary nan gun form.

fiercest tiger
08-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Like that Wushu Crap!! :eek: :p

Mano Mano
08-22-2006, 02:08 PM
He’s probably talking about the contemporary nan gun form.

Is nothing sacred anymore? Haven’t they done enough damage to the reputation Southern Chinese martial arts by devising the so called nan dao & nan quan forms.

David Jamieson
08-22-2006, 02:43 PM
The idea, in keeping with commie thought is to create one singular and unified pai of chinese martial arts.

Chinese Government hates the concept of vive la difference in anything chinese. They're like mcdonalds in that way.

You should be able to get the same ****genous thing in one province as the next. lol

go undergrounders! keep the differences alive I say!

fiercest tiger
08-22-2006, 03:44 PM
The sad thing is these morons think that there flying through the air doing spins and leaps have the same effect on the street for fightintg?!

Well after you crack them in the head they might go flying and spinning in the air??
lol

Yao Sing
08-22-2006, 04:32 PM
I don't think they have any illusions that the flying crap is real fighting but they do like to stress that there are applications to a lot of the moves. It is, afterall, based on real fighting moves of TCMA.

They just don't train to differentiate. I know someone who trained in Modern Wushu after studying TCMA and he was able to see some of the fight moves. Too bad they're downplayed and smothered in crap.

I learned one of the new forms (they're trying to get back to more traditional) although I don't recall the name of it. It's fairly difficult but I don't think I'll be fighting with it even though I was shown some of the apps.

I'm way too old for that stuff anyhow but I put it on tape just in case I need something for a seminar in the future. :)

Ben Gash
08-22-2006, 06:17 PM
The Nan Gun form is probably the most traditional looking of all the wushu compulsories actually, it's quite a nice set.
Wushu one family will probably have it.

fiercest tiger
08-22-2006, 08:28 PM
I do admit they are much better to watch then most short range arts and alot fo CMA when comparing dynamic performances.

Shaolinlueb
08-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Like that Wushu Crap!! :eek: :p

:rolleyes: (sorry had too.)

older wushu nan gun is better then what it is today.

infact i think wushu in the 80's was great. some great forms came out and i think compliment most of the styles pretty well.

i love wushu, but im quite distraught with seeing all these flips and such in the southern hand forms and such today because of the nandu rules.

Eddie
08-23-2006, 01:15 AM
i also like that form. looks more traditional than the others.
then again, I like nan quan too.

so you guys want to tell me you cant do a double back flip going into a 360 spin landing into a split in a real fight? Amateurs! :cool: ;)

Shaolinlueb
08-23-2006, 07:44 AM
so you guys want to tell me you cant do a double back flip going into a 360 spin landing into a split in a real fight? Amateurs! :cool: ;)

i cant even do one back flip :D :p

Eddie
08-23-2006, 07:54 AM
neither can I, but I can do it in a fight. Im just not showing you guys. :cool:

Mano Mano
08-23-2006, 12:52 PM
so you guys want to tell me you cant do a double back flip going into a 360 spin landing into a split in a real fight? Amateurs

Yes I can.
mind you it was when I was playing Naruto Ultimate Ninja on my sons PS2

CLFNole
08-23-2006, 01:22 PM
I've got it, lets all take up wushu, buy some pink jami's and all learn to do a hurricane kick into the triple lindy. :D

I'll starting placing orders just give me your uniform size. ;)

Mano Mano
08-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Only if they’re pure silk jami's. The cheap satin ones can give you a nasty rash

Eddie
08-24-2006, 04:01 AM
CLFNole told me he has first bids on the pink uniform. Mind you, pink will suit frank better, since he is from Frisco and all :cool:

CLFNole
08-24-2006, 07:24 AM
Eddie, you weren't supposed to tell anyone. :eek:

golden arhat
08-24-2006, 01:10 PM
NAN GUN PPL NAN GUN lets keep it on that please no pink silk pyjamas

Eddie
08-25-2006, 12:45 AM
NAN GUN PPL NAN GUN lets keep it on that please no pink silk pyjamas

Thought you cant have the one without the other?

Actually, the nan gun form has allot of moves that are similar to CLF staff techniques. OBVIOUSLY, as its called NAN gun. Cool form tho.

CLFNole, pink is the new black... didnt you know that? You should watch more Fashion TV :cool:

golden arhat
08-25-2006, 09:42 AM
suppose
but dont make fun of the guys in pink cos theyre usually CRAZY GOOD

remember it takes a man to wear pink lol
not implying anything

Eddie
08-27-2006, 05:36 AM
some people think Boy George is also crazy good :-). BTW - isnt BG from manchester? :rolleyes:

golden arhat
08-28-2006, 05:24 AM
and boy georges music isnt that bad anyway lets get this back on nan gun so anyone got anythin ?

Eric Ling
08-31-2006, 05:02 AM
Not sure if this is what you're talking about.

Nan Quan or Southern Fist...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uZkxbGD2CQ

This form is also a Wushu toulu.

Regards.

golden arhat
08-31-2006, 05:16 AM
unfortunately that was a very poor demo of nan quan not the staff form but thank you anyway