PDA

View Full Version : Wing tsun

Steeeve
08-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Hello Guys

i just recently trained some wing tsun from leung ting ...from a student

Really good WC ......the method its very logical and direct....

interesting the turning stance is not in the heel but the sole of foot ....the weight distribution is on the rear leg not 50/50.... and the bong sao is a motion for redirect for middle attack ...not a block or a jam like in mostly wing chun again a punch to the face...

its very soft ...compare to some others wC

Does some people here train this method?

Steeve

AndrewS
08-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Hey Steeeve,

I train WT with Emin Boztepe. I've spent a good bit of time working with Leung Ting before the split and know his approach, and a number of the various approaches from within WT.

WT emphasizes not meeting force head on as an early priority- this is the essence of its focus on softness. Later, it uses that softness to find a new angle to add force to gain an advantage.

Andrew

Steeeve
08-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Howdy Andrew

From What i saw sifu botzepe is very good ...and skillfull ...I like hes fighting approach

Does the wing tzun is different from the wing tsun ?...Since the split ...

I probably have some questions .....about the techniques ...not politic:)
Could u help me ...? if u prefer i send U a private

first one its about the the tan sao to jom sau to gwat sau and the lat sao...
......I saw some people doing the lat sau completly in the side of the body not return in the centerline before the huen sao and low palm strike...????

Steeve

AndrewS
08-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Hey Steeeve,

Does the wing tzun is different from the wing tsun ?...Since the split ...

There are some new points of emphasis
-more work on mechanics and getting the body lined up
-focus on doing things while in motion, as you close while being changeable- a piece of sifu's personal WT that is part of why he's surpassed his peers.
-dan chi has been expanded to start with some very simple actions and build to includenearly every action in SNT, not just the tan/bong/palm/jum cycle
-conditioning is more heavily emphasized
-focus mitt work has gotten brought in a lot
-we've moved away from some of the hierarchical silliness. The people who stayed with sifu Emin after the split are pretty egalitarian.
-more emphasis on timing

and one last thing. . .

WE DO ESCRIMA

first one its about the the tan sao to jom sau to gwat sau and the lat sao...
......I saw some people doing the lat sau completly in the side of the body not return in the centerline before the huen sao and low palm strike...????

I'm guessing this is in reference to the form. The section you're talking about is the 6th set, using an 8 count- tan to jum to gwat to lao to huen to low palm. I learned this set this way under Leung Ting, this isn't a change. I think of the gwat as the final position of the turned gan- just like the crossed tan saos at the start of the form are the position of a sideling tan - leave one in place, shift the body and you have sideling tan position- the gwat is the same for sideling gan. The scoop off the gwat is pretty much impossible to power unless it's done out by the shoulder, especially as the classic app is scissors gan to lao sao/fak sao vs. a round kick at mid level or above. Dunno if that's the best explanation, but it's off the top of my head.

Andrew

Matrix
08-23-2006, 05:17 PM
i just recently trained some wing tsun from leung ting ...from a studentHey Steeeve,
I didn't realize that there was any Wing Tsun in Ottawa.

Steeeve
08-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Thank Andrew for the tips....

So the forms are not change ...

Eskrima from Latosa concept ...Does the eskrima have some WT influenced or vice versa ...or u train it like two different system...

Matrix Ur right no wing tsun in Ottawa ....just in Toronto...

Steeve