PDA

View Full Version : Green Tea or Ginseng?

Panther
07-04-2001, 03:34 AM
There has been alot of controversy lately on the issue of Green tea vs. Ginseng, now my question is what are the benefits of these in relation to the Internal arts and health in general.
I have a bad problem of drinking my morning cappucino but I hear negative and positive reaction to this subject.
Through my research on the subject I found out that green tea is rich in antioxidants and free radical scavangers, also heard that it raises your metabolism and that it will balance out my energy. I also found out that Ginseng is used to improve stamina, and my question is what are the health benefits of drinking tea vs ginseng?
What about as a martial artist? as far as ginseng whichn type is best and for what reason?

passingthru
07-04-2001, 04:13 AM
Me, I like green tea. It makes me feel good and it's flavorful. That's why I drink it, as well as other varieties of tea.
Basically, both green tea (especially freshly picked leaves) and ginseng are energizers. People vary as to their responses to this. If anything (tea, coffee, ginseng) hypes you up, I would say that is not good for practice. That's my opinion. There's a difference between a little lift and a zoom.
I know that people with a history of thyroid hyperactivity would do well to avoid ginseng, even with currently normal chemistries. I can't tolerate it.

passingthru

joedoe
07-04-2001, 04:47 AM
Why can't you mix them?

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Panther
07-04-2001, 04:48 AM
But what about the health benefits?

fiercest tiger
07-04-2001, 01:01 PM
if you are a yang person, try not taking it to much. or dont take it at all, only if you need to, if you are an active person always on the go, you dont need it! to much can harm you i have been told... :eek:

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Zhin
07-05-2001, 01:46 AM
Ginseng can be extremely detrimental to your health.

Panther
07-05-2001, 01:55 AM
Please explain???

Fu-Pow
07-05-2001, 02:12 AM
Good website on Ginseng....

http://www.chiro.org/places/ABSTRACTS/Adaptogenic_Herbs.shtml

Also, I know green tea has a high concentration of polyphenols...antioxidants that are also in things like onions and other veggies. The main stimulant in green tea is caffeine, just like in black tea. BTW, the only difference between black tea and green tea is that the leaves are treated in a different way.

Fu-Pow
http://makskungfu.com/images/R7star.gif
"If you are talking about sport that is one thing. But when you are talking about combat-as it is-well then, baby, you'd better train every part of your body" - Bruce Lee

Panther
07-05-2001, 02:38 AM
So would you say that green tea would be an asset to aid my training and health?

popsider
07-05-2001, 12:02 PM
Is that really the only difference between green and black tea?

What do they do to the leaves that makes the drinks so different?

Gluteus Maximus
07-05-2001, 12:48 PM
Saw a documentary about tea once and that's what they said was the difference between green and black tea.

Max

"The force can be envisaged as cone-shaped". Tsui Seung Tin

BAI HE
07-05-2001, 02:19 PM
Green tea is the most potent detoxifier known to man. It's a nice counter to toxins in your system.

Panther
07-05-2001, 06:04 PM
So would you say as a martial artist green tea would be the way to go or chrysanthemum drinks??
I really like the taste of Chrysanthemum drinks over green tea it taste alot better.

BAI HE
07-05-2001, 06:37 PM
one tastes best is the one for you. I drink Fujian oolong because its good and you get
100 teabags for $1.99.