PDA

View Full Version : Southern Praying Mantis in Philadelphia.

saloner
08-26-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm relocating to Philadelphia and post to enquire about Southern Praying Mantis teachers/classes in the city or its vicinity.
Any information will be deeply appreciated.
S.Saloner.

TenTigers
08-27-2006, 05:50 AM
I nelieve Maurice Turnstall is in Philly, as well as Wong Bak Lim. Go to the site on Jook Lum. It gives contact info

hellhound
08-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Bunch of great guys there. To bad my health prevents me to take such an art anymore. I gave it a good try but chronic pain and 30+ mins of drills doesn't mix. The address is 923 Arch st. (maroon awning, it is in the basement on tuesday evenings, thursday evenings and saturday afternoons). Very low monthly cost to really just help pay the rent. I heard their branches founder, Louie Jack Man stops in on saturdays sometime. His best student, Maurice now teaches with a little help from others. This is actually the best place we have here. We do hvae hung gar, wing chun, taiji, bagua, etc... Whatever you do don't waste your time on seven mountains. It a vietnamese art with a chinese name and by the signs plastered on the wall you will quickly see it is a McDojo (and the fact you have to learn and be tested on 3 forms in the first 6 months). Regards!

saloner
08-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Hellhound,
Thank you very much for the detailed response, and for the warning to stay off the seven mountains style.
It's a shame you weren't able to pursue SPM, but I wish you the best in whatever art you have taken up.
Thanks again.

Lam Tong Long
09-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Hey Saloner,

If you head over to http://www.tonglong.co.uk/forum/index.php you'll be able to find mucho SPM info.

One of the guys there goes by the name 'Sethos' and he is a very nice guy who trains SPM in Philly and is very helpful and decent to speak to.

Hope that helps.

saloner
09-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the pointer Lam Tong Long. I shall certainly look up the said forum.
Cheers.