View Full Version : Ugghhh...

Oso
08-28-2006, 06:20 PM
http://beeradvocate.com/news/stories_read/f-804351

i mean, c'mon...Mickey's is nasty.

so...the question is:

What beer would better reflect the UFC?

and to get a little more in to it:

If martial arts was a multi-course sit-down dinner, what beer would you serve with the following?

TKD

Karate

Krotty

Kung Fu

Gong Fu

Gung Fu

Wushu

San Shou

Muay Thai

Jeet Kune Do

Arnis/Kali/Escrima

Judo

BJJ

JJJ

Savate (ok, if you get stuck here, just say Cabernet)

Sambo (vodka, of course)

Water Dragon
08-28-2006, 06:24 PM
I grew up on Mickey's! But then, I am Irish-Ghetto.

Oso
08-28-2006, 07:12 PM
don't get me wrong, there is a time and a place for any beer...even malt liquor.

I've drank and enjoyed Mickey's, Haffenreffer, King Cobra and my personal fav, OE800.

but, i still think the UFC should have gone with a stout.

cool haffenreffer/malt liquor links:

http://www.falstaffbrewing.com/haffenreffer.htm

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/Issues/2005-06-08/feature_4.html

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/324/669

lunghushan
08-28-2006, 07:15 PM
To be a loyal Seattle person I'd have to say, "Red Hook" to all of the above.

Mickey's is a pretty bad choice, of course Xience isn't a very good choice either. :)

Of course, I'm not liking the current Ultimate Fighter, either, with the 'comeback'... has little theme and no interest.

Methinks the UFC has outlived its usefulness. Time for another fight show. (And not Final Fu agghhh).

lunghushan
08-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Actually, don't you think that Mike's Lemonade is the perfect UFC drink? Didn't they use to run Mike's commercials on UFC?

Oso
08-28-2006, 07:26 PM
-100 street cred for mentioning anything resembling a wine cooler in a beer thread.

7*, can't you ban him for that???????

lunghushan
08-28-2006, 07:33 PM
-100 street cred for mentioning anything resembling a wine cooler in a beer thread.

7*, can't you ban him for that???????

Puleeze ... the UFC show, commercialized as it is, is to martial arts as Mike's Lemonade is to beer, don't you think?

Water Dragon
08-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Well if we're voting, I'm going with Black Velvet. Half Guiness, half cider. Good stuff!

David Jamieson
08-28-2006, 08:11 PM
TKD - Budweiser

Karate - Coors

Krotty - Coors Light

Kung Fu - Alexander Keith's Pale India Ale

Gong Fu - Tsing Tao

Gung Fu - Ching Dao

Wushu - Qing Do

San Shou - Sleemans Pale Ale

Muay Thai - Steamwhistle

Jeet Kune Do - Watah

Arnis/Kali/Escrima - Distilled Blood of your enemy

Judo - It's a toss up, but Labbats Blue seems right

BJJ - Sol

JJJ - Asahi

Savate (ok, if you get stuck here, just say Cabernet) Cabernet...wait, that's not a beer...hmmm, Chimay I guess, just because they don't like the french. :p

Sambo (vodka, of course) vodka isn't beer either, but this is russian so that's cool.

WinterPalm
08-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Despite the fact that I no longer drink...if you can't see through it and it is as close to black as possible, that is the right one...anything else is just not playing for keeps.

Chief Fox
08-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Lately, I've been drinking Sam Adams Summer Ale. Pretty good stuff.

cjurakpt
08-29-2006, 09:39 AM
I strongly recommend anything produced by Avery brewery - might cost a bit more, but unequivocally worth it

www.averybrewing.com

BruceSteveRoy
08-29-2006, 10:29 AM
TKD - Rolling Rock Green Light

Karate - Kirin

Krotty - Kirin Light

Kung Fu - Boddington's (its my favorite)

Gong Fu - New Castle (2nd favorite)

Gung Fu - Guinness (3rd favorite) and i can't say tsing dao for two reasons. 1) i hate that god forsaken city ( and they aren't to fond of me either and thats all i'll say about that). 2) i got stuck in a typhoon in qing dao with food poisoning and i thought i was going to die (i am not sure i didn't).

Wushu - O'douls (its like beer without the alcohol)

San Shou - Yuengling

Muay Thai - Steel Reserve (last time i drank it i woke up feeling like i had just been kneed in the head by a dozen muay Thai boxers)

Jeet Kune Do - Watah, starch source, hops, yeast, and a clarifying agent.

Arnis/Kali/Escrima - golden monkey

Judo - shiner bock

BJJ - zima with skittles in it.

JJJ - asahi

Savate (ok, if you get stuck here, just say Cabernet) - a blend of mayonaise, cigarette butts, and old jerry lewis movies.

Sambo (vodka, of course) - the sweat of the working class? (thats just gross)

BruceSteveRoy
08-30-2006, 04:47 AM
after much consideration i think i have decided what i believe should be the official beer of the UFC. Pabst Blue Ribbon.

rogue
08-30-2006, 05:27 AM
I think Mickey's is the perfect beer for a UFC fan. Be proud of who you are Oso and celebrate your culture.:p

Anyways real karateka do not drink beer, we drink 20 year old single malt scotch surrounded by beautiful wimins.

BJJ - zima with skittles in it.

LMAO!:D