PDA

View Full Version : Beer

Water Dragon
08-29-2006, 11:13 AM
So in the past couple days, we have a coffee thread, and a water thread, but no beer thread. So I posted this to put the universe back in sync. Feel free to discuss beer on this thread.

MasterKiller
08-29-2006, 11:41 AM
What is this thing called "beer." I have never heard of it.

Does it come in Orange flavors?

BruceSteveRoy
08-29-2006, 11:42 AM
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42945

there is the beer thread.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-29-2006, 12:54 PM
i had a party and had a ton of leftover beer.

i have been drinking natty ice for about 3 days straight.

old school.

unkokusai
08-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Ebisu is best!

Su Lin
08-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Mmmm beer, wish I had a lovely ice cold Asahi right now!

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-29-2006, 04:58 PM
the best beer i have ever had was a pint of highland tassgall ale, but unfortunately i can not get this on a regular basis in my state. the ****in thing drank like a meal and left me nice, warm, and sleepy afterwards. it actually ruined me for other beers for weeks.

i'm a big fan of sapporo, but its mighty pricy at over 8 bucks a sixer. i also like yuengling a lot, but its also not available in my state. i can get it in pa but i never make the trip.

mostly i drink amber bock and budweiser (reg or select) because of price and availability, but i try to broaden my horizons when i can.

Ben Gash
08-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Wadworths 6X the real king of beers (and a proper beer at that)
Leffe Blond all the flavour of proper beer, but colder and stronger
Leffe Brun rich and full flavours, great drunk with a big Belgian meat dinner, and great as an ingredient in stews.
You know, the real problem with getting proper beer in north america is that even when they have it, it's not the real deal. I had a pint of Boddingtons in a bar in Winnipeg once and it bore no relation to real Boddingtons whatsoever :( and it cost $6!!!!!:mad:

Nick Forrer
08-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Singer beer...Its a thai beer...best lager bar none...have it with pad thai mmmmm

Cobra beer is okay with a curry

Otherwise cant go wrong with Badger Tanglefoot

lunghushan
08-29-2006, 05:58 PM
What's up with all the drink threads all of a sudden?

SPJ
08-29-2006, 06:37 PM
In so Cal, we had record heat days a while back.

Personally. I like dark beers.

The water source is important, too.

I like Coors lite, since they use the fountain water from Colorado.

:)

meltdawn
08-29-2006, 08:21 PM
a bad beer is better than a good... uhh... help me out, gda...

i had a house party and bought way too many 12 packs, so i left them stacked up on my back porch. coming home after work and being faced with making a decision between the heavy bag on the porch or the 12 packs next to them was rough. until i finished all the 12 packs. i don't remember much of that week but i think my training suffered.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-29-2006, 09:02 PM
a bad beer is better than a good... uhh... help me out, gda...

i bad beer is better than a good train on my mamma's tunnel.

meltdawn
08-29-2006, 09:59 PM
sweet!

wtf, i need 10 characters to post?

monkeyfoot
08-30-2006, 03:13 PM
yea i agree tottally singha beer kicks ass.....

but then Chang and Tiger come close, and yes cobra is alright too......im a chang drinker mostly though.

but......the absolute best best in the world is draught guiness.

craig

TenTigers
08-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Tsingtao, because it's light, and crisp, neat finish.
and Blackened Voodoo Lager because it's dark, flavorful, yet light and clean at the same time. It doesn't fill you up like other dark beers.
I also like McSoreley's ale-again, I go for a clean, crisp taste and this has a slightly fruitiness to it.

bung bo
08-30-2006, 06:59 PM
You guys know why American beer is like making love to a woman in a canoe? Because you're only a couple of inches from water. Har-dee har har.

I'm a way bigger fan of ale than of lager, but I like to try as many kinds as I can. It's funny when I'm at the store and I get something new because I feel like I'm being closed-minded if I get the Blue Moon again. Mmmmm, belgian white ale.

Oso
08-30-2006, 07:08 PM
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42945

there is the beer thread.

yea...what he said.

and, I think I probably start more beer related threads, or hijack other threads with nonrelated beer posts, than anyone else...though I'm not sure I should be proud of that...but, maybe I'll get canonized at the end of this year.

Mr Punch
08-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Beer is good.

I drink beer.

Usually over here I drink any of the big four (though I find them to be quite different now I'm used to them) but I favour Ebisu Malts.

In fact all of the big four's Malts are good.

I also like some of the seasonal brews like the autumn ones they've got out now, and the new premium beers are that bit thicker and maltier.

Otherwise, Heartland from Kirin is a beeeeautiful crisp clean brew, in a stylish green bottle with the legend 'Every spirit, everywhere, beer' embossed on the side.

UK beers, Enville Honey Ale is particularly refreshing on a hot summer's day, though a bit sweet to drink too much of. Then there's the good old Marston's Pedigree which can be nice, Woods Old Original, and Old Hookey which are really wobbly real ales.

Over here pretty much limited to the Wychwood brews but there are some nice ones there.

Pork Chop
08-31-2006, 02:53 PM
and, I think I probably start more beer related threads, or hijack other threads with nonrelated beer posts, than anyone else...though I'm not sure I should be proud of that...but, maybe I'll get canonized at the end of this year.

Now you're taking part in hijacking beer threads to talk aobut Conan... go figure...

Not like I can drink beer anymore anyways- a sad side-effect of zoloft, but hey, at least i get to keep my sanity and my chipper mood. hehe

qiphlow
08-31-2006, 03:33 PM
try the beer made by monks in belgium: chimay is the brand. 3 different kinds, the weakest is 6% alcohol, the strongest is 10% (i think)--anyway, they come in big bottles, and they make your face feel numb:D
i also like porters, and ales. and pacifico and corona, because they are so easy to drink.

someone start the drugs thread, please (not that any of us do any drugs...
....anymore.)