PDA

View Full Version : Coolest martial arts film character

Su Lin
08-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Right, in no particular order:
1. San De - Gordon Liu
2. Ogami Ittō - Tomisaburo Wakayama
3.Toshiro Mifune (not decided which yet!)
4.Yuen Siu Tien
5.Jet Li - Wong Fei Hung
6.Meiko Kaji - Lady Snowblood

mickey
08-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Greetings,

1. Lei Kung- Liu Chia Liang

2. Yao Feng Lin- Chang Shan

3. Peng Pa- Peng Kong

4. Terry Tsurigi- Shinichi Chiba

5. Junjo- Milton Royama

6. Chen Chen- Jet li

7. Teet Lohan- Liu Chia Hui

8. Bai Mei- Lo Lieh

MasterKiller
08-30-2006, 06:02 AM
Sam Seed pwns all.

Su Lin
08-30-2006, 06:04 AM
Ah ha, yes will put him on my list. Which is growing ...

jethro
08-30-2006, 11:49 AM
nice edit job on your list su lin!

wong fei-hung ius definitely a top 5, but I have to add in the pai mei grandmaster that Jack Long played in 7 grandmasters. That guy is the definition of cool.

and Ogami Itto has to be # 1.

Su Lin
08-30-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm editing as I go along as keep thinking of films ! Not seen 7 Grandmasters , yet!
It's not in any order, as that would take me years to decide on, I have problems making decisions!

The Xia
08-31-2006, 10:53 PM
The classic Wong Fei Hung is Kwan Tak Hing. Jet Li carried the torch into modern cinema. Lastly, Jackie Chan gave the world an offbeat Wong Fei Hung in the Drunken Master series.

Li Kao
09-01-2006, 12:35 PM
Kuo Choi as agent Hai To in The Kid With the Golden Arm was a great character. The movie was classic Chang Cheh, released on the heels of Five Deadly Venoms, and had the same kind of mystery, humor, and costumes. Hai To was a kind of secret government agent who kept showing up to thwart the Chi Sa gang, and Kou did a superb job. He was always popping in and out of scenes -- he would show up at just the right time, dispatch some of the gang, and then flip out into the bushes just as quickly. And the scene where the gang corner him in the restaurant is memorable -- when his wine jug is smashed, the pained look on his face is priceless. I could have named a few of Kuo's characters, but Hai To has always been my favorite ...

jethro
09-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Greetings,

1. Lei Kung- Liu Chia Liang

2. Yao Feng Lin- Chang Shan

3. Peng Pa- Peng Kong

4. Terry Tsurigi- Shinichi Chiba

5. Junjo- Milton Royama

6. Chen Chen- Jet li

7. Teet Lohan- Liu Chia Hui

8. Bai Mei- Lo Lieh

Mickey, hey could you give me a list for all of those movies your favorite characters are in? I can guess at most but #'s 1, 2, 5, 7, is what I am not a 100% on.

And I was wondering who peng kong was. I have not seen Invincible kung fu legs but I feel the need to after just noticing that peng kong is the action director on shaolin vs. lama!