PDA

View Full Version : San Da NJ

toddwc
08-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Hey my Wing Chun brother's and sister's,

Anyone headed out to New Jersey to compete or watch the Amateur San Da competition s. Im gonna be headed out there to support my gym my teacher and one of my classmates gonna be competing. Any other Wing Chun gym's gonna be down there? Its this saturday sep 2 and 3 should be a good show tons of other fights going on as well. http://www.uskba.com/frameset.htm

lkfmdc
08-30-2006, 10:16 AM
ATTENTION
Late Registration and Weigh Ins will take place on Friday September 1, 2006, Beginning at 6 pm at the tournament venue (Rahway Recreation Center) 275 East Milton Ave. (732) 669-3600

King of San Da USA in cooperation with
United States Kickboxing Association (USKBA)
present
2nd World Amateur San Da Championships
Saturday, September 2, 2006
Rahway Recreation Center
275 E Milton Ave
Rahway, New Jersey, 07065
United States of America
Sanctioned by the USKBA

Tournament format
Amateur competition for Men and Women
A class (open international competition)
B class (national competition)
C class (beginners)
14 weight classes
WEIGH INS WILL BE DONE ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2006

Procedural Rules
1) Rounds: This event is standard tournament style, the winner of TWO ROUNDS advances
2) Length of rounds: Each round shall be THREE (3) minutes with a one minute rest period.
3) Tournament area: Matches will take place in a boxing ring.
4) All participants are REQUIRED to wear head gear, mouth guard and shin-n-instep protectors. All male participants must wear a groin cup. Boxing gloves will be supplied by the promoter.
5) Dress code: All participants must wear shorts, no long pants are permitted.

LEGAL TECHNIQUES
1) All boxing techniques and spinning back fist (1 point each)
2) All kicks to legal targets. (below the waist 1 point, above the waist 2 points)
3) Sweeps to either or both legs
4) Knee strikes below the collar bone (no knees to head) (below the waist 1 point, above the waist 2 points)
5) Throws and takedowns that do not violate safety rules (1, 2 or 3 points based on throw)
6) Catching kicks
7) Clinching up to 5 seconds to strike (knee) or throw (not to delay action)
8) Plowing

ILLEGAL TECHNIQUES
1) Striking the back of the head
2) Striking the throat
3) Striking the groin (the genitals)
4) Attacking the knee joint
5) Knees above the collar bone (no knees to head)
6) Any joint attack including neck locks
7) Throwing an opponent onto head or neck
8) Throwing in a way that attacks a joint
9) Trying to force opponent out of the ring
10) Striking after break has been called
11) Striking an opponent who has fallen
12) Holding the ropes either for offense or for defense
13) Putting Vaseline or grease on body
14) "Dirty tactics" including head butts, gouging, etc.

The tournament is being held at
Rahway Recreation Center
275 East Milton Ave.
(732) 669-3600

If you are coming from New York City, you can take a NJ Transit train from Penn Station. Both the Northeast Corridor Line (NEC) and North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL) will leave you less than a block from the tournament site.

toddwc
09-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Hello reporting back that i never got a chance to go to Nj to watch live but luckily the fight is up on the gym's website. The fighter representing the gym i train at won both his fights in the 166 division. Was a good watch i enjoyed it you can check it out at www.wingchun-gta.com. Ill hopefully have my first fight soon i been training hard so i can compete in an event as soon as my instructor gives the word!

sir-elrik
09-22-2006, 04:08 AM
In the two matches from san da tournament that bloke is applying wing chun?

Mutant
09-22-2006, 09:21 AM
I was there at the event, saw your wing chun school and said hi to them. Was psyched to see a wing chun school representing in sanda. I saw most of his last fight, your guy did real well, congrats.

I did 4 years of wing chun and fought under san shou rules a couple of times for my wing chun gym before i started concentrating on pure sanda.

Best of luck with your training and future competitions, looks like youre at a good gym with some talented guys.