PDA

View Full Version : Teoul Moon Kung fu

wudangmountain
08-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey all,

Anyone know about Teoul Moon kung fu?
http://www.teoulmoon.com/

There is a school near Pittsburgh but don't know anything about this style. Any info/opinions would be appreciated!!

lunghushan
08-30-2006, 05:22 PM
" mastering over 200 empty hand and weapons forms, from acrobatic Wu Shu sets to soft and powerful Chen Tai Chi."

Great ... 200 forms ... whippidy doo da ... what about martial arts?

MasterKiller
08-30-2006, 06:13 PM
It's a Korean blend of Shandong Long Fist, some Bagua, and Northern Mantis. Some people call it Sip Pal Gi, or Shipalgae, or Sip Pal Ki....however you want to pronounce it.

-----edited-------

wudangmountain
08-31-2006, 05:19 AM
Thanks Masterkiller for the info.

Is Yim the real deal? Would training in this system be training in legit and authentic chinese-style martial arts? I don't care so much for wushu...

MasterKiller
08-31-2006, 06:15 AM
Thanks Masterkiller for the info.

Is Yim the real deal? Would training in this system be training in legit and authentic chinese-style martial arts? I don't care so much for wushu...

I don't know anything about Yim except from his websites, so I have no idea about the quality of instruction. I have a pretty good idea about what the curriculum is like, though.

It is Chinese and not a TKD blend or anything like that. You'll learn a mix of mantis sets and long fist sets, and since Yim studied with No Su Chun, there is probably a bagua influence in there as well.

Tan Tui is a big part of the system. You'll probably spend the first few months only learning their version. Most of the Korean branches teach a 10 or 12 line version.

Steronius from this forum studies with Chun Dai Soung in New Orleans, and he has a similar curriculum. You might shoot him a PM and see what he thinks.

If you do decide to check them out, I'd be interested to hear what your impressions are.

wudangmountain
08-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks again MK. Definitely no TKD at this school according to the website. Chen style tai chi is offered there. Seems like alot is offered...that is a warning sign for me...you know "jack of all trades..."

lunghushan
08-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks again MK. Definitely no TKD at this school according to the website. Chen style tai chi is offered there. Seems like alot is offered...that is a warning sign for me...you know "jack of all trades..."

Well maybe go see the class and see if they hit each other or do drills at all.

Otherwise it's just wushu.

sholo86
09-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Hey all,

Anyone know about Teoul Moon kung fu?
http://www.teoulmoon.com/

There is a school near Pittsburgh but don't know anything about this style. Any info/opinions would be appreciated!!

I train in Teoul Moon Kung Fu. Please don't let the name of the style fool you. Teoul Moon is a chinese martial art system that combines the Shaolin Five Animal System, Hung Gar, Preying Mantis (Tang Lang Quan), and Pa Kua (Ba Gua Zhang); and because it was developed in Korea, thus the Korean name of the sytle. The website you posted above pretty much explains a brief history of the style and what it teaches, but if you want, you can also visit my website at http://www.geocities.com/sholo86/teoulmoon.html and see what I have to say about Teoul Moon.

If you haven't done so already, I suggest you visit the school and see if you like what Teoul Moon has to offer. I can tell you right now it did me good. I had the privilege of studying under GM Yim while I was stationed at Osan AB, SKorea in 2001 and will see him soon again when I return in December. Sabunim Nischalke (owner of the school you were asking about) was my instructor when I first started training in Teoul Moon. Mark's a good guy and I'm sure he'll answer any questions you might have with regards to Teoul Moon.

As you can see, we don't have that many Teoul Moon schools in the US, but schools located outside the US that bears the name Teoul Moon are associated with and/or fall under GM Yim.

If you have any other questions about Teoul Moon Kung Fu, just let me know :)

--Conrad--

YiLiQuan1
09-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Just stay away from Mark Gablowski (sp?). He was kicked out of the Teoul Moon association years ago... I remember him from when I was living in Omaha, NE. He "stole" information from our school and started presenting it as his own (which was really funny, since everyone in town except the newest, most ignorant newcomers knew he a) didn't know the material previously, and b) could only have gotten it from one place.

Good luck. My teacher has a lot of respect for the Teoul Moon GM in Korea (they met a number of years back).

lunghushan
09-09-2006, 04:37 PM
With all the videos on Youtube now you could probably start hundreds of martial arts 'systems'. LOL

Wood Dragon
09-09-2006, 04:57 PM
With all the videos on Youtube now you could probably start hundreds of martial arts 'systems'. LOL

Jiu Tu Beh Quan?

lunghushan
09-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Jiu Tu Beh Quan?

In some ways it's not a bad thing. If you want to mess with CMA teachers heads, they say they have some secret form just go, "Oh, yeah, I saw a version of that on Youtube." Wudang Taiji? Oh, yeah, that's on Youtube. Baguaquan? Oh, yeah, that's on youtube. :D

MasterKiller
09-12-2006, 06:06 AM
YiLiQuan1, sholo86

What are some of your form names?

sholo86
09-12-2006, 03:26 PM
YiLiQuan1, sholo86

Because the style was developed in Korea, the names of the forms are in Korean terminology. I am putting down names as it is written in the syllabus given to me by GM Yim. Some of the forms are;

So Ho Yun - Young Tiger Form
Kum Kang Kwan - Shaolin Metal Form
Ma Fa Kwan - Plum FLower Fist
Huk Hokwan - Black Tiger

Here's the link to the page that pretty much spells out our daily routine.
http://www.teoulmoon.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18
or
http://www.teoulmoon.org/
and look around.

Thanks for asking

YiLiQuan1
09-12-2006, 05:35 PM
YiLiQuan1, sholo86

I'm not Teoul Moon... I'm a Yiliquan student (hence the name).

MasterKiller
09-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Because the style was developed in Korea, the names of the forms are in Korean terminology. I am putting down names as it is written in the syllabus given to me by GM Yim. Some of the forms are;

So Ho Yun - Young Tiger Form
Kum Kang Kwan - Shaolin Metal Form
Ma Fa Kwan - Plum FLower Fist
Huk Hokwan - Black Tiger

Here's the link to the page that pretty much spells out our daily routine.
http://www.teoulmoon.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18
or
http://www.teoulmoon.org/
and look around.

Thanks for asking

Right. I sent you a Private Message with the korean names of some of my forms....

There are a few Korean-lineage schools operating in the U.S., and a lot of the forms cross-over (Little Tiger Swallow especially, what you call Young Tiger....).

Green Cloud
09-12-2006, 09:51 PM
What's up with that gay logo?? Can you say Animal crackers in my soup.

wudangmountain
09-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Sholo86,

I thought the forms of Teoul Moon were strictly Teoul Moon, yet Master Killer states you share forums. So maybe Teoul Moon is not authentic but rather borrows from other styles? Not being antagonistic, just trying to engage in conversation.

Master Killer and Sholo86 could you give some insight??

Green Cloud...thanks so much for your helpful thoughts?! ;)

MasterKiller
09-13-2006, 06:11 PM
All of the Chinese kung fu systems in Korea share some similar forms. He has 3 or 4 of mine, but some I do not have, and vice versa.

Basically, 90% of the Chinese kung fu in and around Seoul is a blend of Shandong Long Fist and Northern Mantis because of the influence of Lin Pin Zhang and Jiang Kyung Fang (or so it seems). Both of our systems head honchos studied directly under Lin Pin Zhang, so that probably accounts for the cross-over between my system and his...

Those who also trace Lu Shui Tian (No Sue Chon) in their lineage have a Bagua influence as well.

There are several schools in the U.S. teaching similar systems, but none of them are identical. We all have a few forms the others do not. At least that's been my experience, anyway.

The thing that makes it difficult to connect the dots is that the Korean styles use Korean names for their forms, and often they get mistranslated from Chinese to Korean to English.

For example, the form Xiao Hu Yan Chuan (Little Tiger Swallow Fist) is pretty widespread, Yang Jwing Ming even has a video series on it. Sholo translates it as Young Tiger Form, and I've seen others call it Little Flying Tiger, etc...

Yue Family Fist (Yue Jia Chuan) is sometimes called Maternal Family Fist because the Korean A Ga Kwon has a couple of meanings....

Other popular forms like Da Fan Che Chuan aren't particular to Korean styles, either.

sholo86
09-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Sholo86,

I thought the forms of Teoul Moon were strictly Teoul Moon, yet Master Killer states you share forums. So maybe Teoul Moon is not authentic but rather borrows from other styles? Not being antagonistic, just trying to engage in conversation.

Master Killer and Sholo86 could you give some insight??

Green Cloud...thanks so much for your helpful thoughts?! ;)

I'm very big on lineage and history of my sytle. I'm glad MasterKiller brought up the issue because this helps me understand my system more.

Here's my take on this; as far as I know, Teoul Moon fighting sets are unique to the Teoul Moon branch and MasterKiller's fighting sets are unique to his MA system, the Chang Chuan Men Pai Kung Fu. Until proven wrong, I don't think anybody borrowed any styles from anybody, so I am positive that both our systems are unique in itself and we do not share any of the forms taught in our schools.

Now, there are similarities in the naming convention of these forms between Teoul Moon and Chang Chuan Men Pai system, but because I have not seen how Masterkiller's school perform their forms for example the "Little Tiger Swallow (So Ho Yun)" form I could not compare it with our "Young Tiger (So Ho Yun)" form. I just can't make the assumption that these forms/ sets/ techniques are the same just because we use the same Korean terminology.

Like MasterKiller mentioned, both founders of our systems studied under the same Mei Hua Tang Lang Quan master Shifu Lin, Ping Zhang. Now, I don't have the information on who gave Master Chon, Song Shing the term Teoul Moon (as an umbrella term referring to Chon's teachings and skills), but what I know is that Master Chon adapted the name and used it to identify the new fighting system he developed. Thus giving birth to Teoul Moon Kung Fu system.

Master Li, De Jiang has a Tai Ji school in Korea called Teoul Moon, but teaches the Chang Chuan Men Pai Kung Fu system. Why he called his school "teoul moon" is beyond me. Maybe MasterKiller can shed some light on that. My only assumption/ explanation is that he used the term "teoul moon" to name his school because of the meaning of the phrase which means "2nd Gate to Enlightenment/ Heaven." I don't think he used it to tell people he teaches Teoul Moon Kung Fu, but used it to tell people that if you study Chang Chuan Men Pai Kung Fu, you'll achieve this level of enlightenment.

I am still waiting for GM Yim's reply to my inquiry. Hopefully he can shed some more light into this issue.

wudangmountain
09-14-2006, 04:59 AM
Thanks MK and Sholo86,

Your responses are very interesting. Sholo86 is still seems according to MK that some of your forms are not unique to Teoul Moon. That's okay...why does Teoul Moon need to have unique sets?

I found on Youtube some video (poor quality/poor performance) of Little Tiger Swallow fist. Is this like your young tiger? If so, the Teoul Moon sets may not be exclusive after all.

Take a look...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=little+tiger+swallow+fist

MasterKiller
09-14-2006, 06:15 AM
I found on Youtube some video (poor quality/poor performance) of Little Tiger Swallow fist. Is this like your young tiger? If so, the Teoul Moon sets may not be exclusive after all.

I posted those videos because I was trying to find the school who performed them (Palm Kung Fu?). They are poor quality, but the essense of the form is there.

Here is a Mantis version of the same form (i just uploaded it so it may take a few minutes):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0NKHVvGUS0

I have dozens of versions of these forms on video from the various Korean lineage schools in the U.S.

All of us have similarities....all of us have differences.

Sholo, I will upload some videos tonight of several forms for you to download and watch. I think you will be surprised at the similarities.

Until proven wrong, I don't think anybody borrowed any styles from anybody, so I am positive that both our systems are unique in itself and we do not share any of the forms taught in our schools.
I'm not accussing anyone of borrowing sets from other styles, so please don't take it that way. My initial accusation about the TeaulMoon name was probably out of line as I've never had any contact with your Master's line before, and I apologize for that.

What I'm saying is that the forms taught in Korea are pretty widespread. Each Master seems to have their own curriculum and interpratations of the sets, but we are all related. Of this I'm positive and have the video evidence to back it up.

FWIW, I thought I was the only guy in the U.S. with these forms until another school contacted me and showed me their stuff.

sholo86
09-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Here is a Mantis version of the same form (i just uploaded it so it may take a few minutes):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0NKHVvGUS0

I have dozens of versions of these forms on video from the various Korean lineage schools in the U.S.

All of us have similarities....all of us have differences.

Wow, there are similarities in our Young Tiger Form from the vid above. Can't wait to see your version of this form so I can make some more assessment. Thanks.

I'm not accussing anyone of borrowing sets from other styles, so please don't take it that way. My initial accusation about the TeaulMoon name was probably out of line as I've never had any contact with your Master's line before, and I apologize for that.

Apology accepted.

af_sting
09-14-2006, 11:39 AM
The Teoul Moon system has many forms from multiple kung fu systems. The predominant ones are Preying Mantis, Hung Gar and Five Animal Shaolin, although we have many Pa Qua sets in the higher levels. Master Chon learned as much as he could from as many sources as he could and then he assembled what he learned into a useful system that was designed to build the mind and body. He passed the system along with the excessive number of forms he knew to Master Yim.

I believe the only form that is uniquely Teoul Moon is the first one we learn (Continuous Kick) in our system. Actually you learn part of it at the start and then learn the rest when your skill and body capabilities are improved (the second part is demanding). The rest of our forms are indeed from other systems and I'm not surprised when I see someone from another system (especially Preying Mantis systems) do forms that look similar.

I'd note that they are never exact, but then again, to me, not even two persons from the same school will do a form exactly the same. Emphasis is different, breathing and power rhythms are set in different ways, and often they give varying explanations for application of techniques. I’m sure you’ve all seen similar anomalies. To me, Kung Fu is not cut and dry and thus is hard to fit into a rigid definitions or concrete terms.

Oh, and I'm impressed that some guy from a system called "Green Cloud" has the nerve to insult anyone's system. What a fine representative of his school he is providing.

-Sting

charyuop
09-14-2006, 12:18 PM
I looked at the video of Yim's interview...I don't wanna bring here a discussion Chi exists or not (so don't start it), but tapping a few times on the elbow of a woman who can barely move it and miracously can lift weights finds me more than skeptical...hopefully their Martial Art is not like that.

af_sting
09-14-2006, 05:28 PM
I looked at the video of Yim's interview...I don't wanna bring here a discussion Chi exists or not (so don't start it), but tapping a few times on the elbow of a woman who can barely move it and miracously can lift weights finds me more than skeptical...hopefully their Martial Art is not like that.

It's actually repeditive tapping and pressure point manipulation. I don't understand it but it does seem to work. As far as the martial arts go, it works for me and that's all I really care about. I'm not some invincible fighter, but I know that when I pratice my kung fu and stay true to my training, I feel better and find myself much more capable, regardless of what it is I'm trying to do. Does it make me some legendary martial artist....no. Does it make me a better person? I think so.

-Sting

charyuop
09-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Sting, I am truely sorry, didn't mean to criticize the MA you practice. Mine was an uncalled for judgment.

af_sting
09-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Charyuop,

Skepticism is not a bad thing and you have nothing to apologize for. All you said was you were skeptical and that is fair enough. I was just pointing out that the training works for me. The thoughts and feelings of others are for them to decide.

-Sting

sholo86
09-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Wow, there are similarities in our Young Tiger Form from the vid above. Can't wait to see your version of this form so I can make some more assessment. Thanks.

Masterkiller, thank you for the clips and links. It really helped me a lot. Now, based on what I've seen so far, some forms have techniques similar to Teoul Moon's. These forms show techniques that are similar in motion, but very different in execution. I think it is in the execution of these techniques where Teoul Moon shows its uniqueness.

To clarify, I'm not saying we execute these forms or techniques better than anybody else. NO, what I'm saying is that these schools execute these techniques differently, thus making it unique to that particular style.

For example Masterkiller showed me a clip of his teacher performing the Kuem Gan Kwon (Golden Fist) form. This is "similar" to Teoul Moon's Kum Kan Kwon (Shaolin Metal) form. I say, 70% of the techniques are the same in movement, but execution of these techniques are very different. In my opinion, this what makes these forms unique from each of our styles.

MasterKiller
09-15-2006, 06:23 AM
For example Masterkiller showed me a clip of his teacher performing the Kuem Gan Kwon (Golden Fist) form. This is "similar" to Teoul Moon's Kum Kan Kwon (Shaolin Metal) form. I say, 70% of the techniques are the same in movement, but execution of these techniques are very different. In my opinion, this what makes these forms unique from each of our styles.

I agree. Each school that I have seen forms from has it's own flavor, but you can certainly tell we are all related, even if it's more like second cousins instead of brothers. :D

yi bu san quan
09-16-2006, 09:57 AM
I am a student of Teoul Moon Kung Fu at the Five Animal Kung Fu Academy in the northern Pittsburgh area. I can assure you wudangmountain that Master Yim is the "real deal." I am so lucky to have met him on two occasions when he visited the US. What is so striking about Master Yim is how humble and how nice of a man he is. He cares so much about your development as a martial artist and as a human being. He is so unlike many of the egotistical martial artists that I have met over the years. I do not know Master Yim's age (maybe 50 or so), but his skill is unbelievable. He truly practices what he preaches!!!

As far as similarities with other styles, it totally makes sense. No martial art exists in a vacuum, especially Chinese martial arts. I am glad to call af sting and Sholo86 my kung fu brothers, while calling Master killer my kung fu cousin. :)

sholo86
09-16-2006, 11:50 AM
YiBuSanQuan
Say HI to Mark for me. Hope he's doing well. It's always a pleasure to hear from a fellow Teoul Moon practicioner. Sent you a PM by the way...

Coopr
11-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Master Yim is the real deal, I have worked with him a couple of times and well worth every minute you can spend with him. I like the system he has wish I could spend more time with him. I train with Master Chun in New Orleans area , from what I understand they are from the same family.

Coop

sholo86
12-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Coop

Does Master Chun teach Teoul Moon also?

MasterKiller
12-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Coop

Does Master Chun teach Teoul Moon also?

Chun studied under Lu Shu Tien and Lee De Jiang, I believe.

Coopr
12-01-2007, 07:24 AM
No he doesnt, I have asked him about this certain form I would like to learn again and he hasnt heard of it or the language barrier played part. Master Yim teaches Teoul Moon which is the gate before Heaven and Master Chun teaches Sib Pal Gee which is the 18 classical weapons. When you start with Master Yim you will first learn a stance form or set , which I am hunting again, then you move to a punching form and then to a kicking form. I was taught 1 side of the kicking form then you have to learn the 2nd side on your own which is a mirrored image of the first jus going opposite I believe.

Coop

Coopr
12-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Chun studied under Lu Shu Tien and Lee De Jiang, I believe.

yes he did, plus a couple other teachers.

http://www.chungmookwan.com/

he has his teachers listed under GM Dai Soung Chun.

Coop

MasterKiller
12-01-2007, 07:31 AM
No he doesnt, I have asked him about this certain form I would like to learn again and he hasnt heard of it or the language barrier played part. Master Yim teaches Teoul Moon which is the gate before Heaven and Master Chun teaches Sib Pal Gee which is the 18 classical weapons..

Coop

Don't let different system names confuse you. All of the korean schools are cousins because most of the source material comes through Lin Pan Zhang (Lim Poom Chang).

SipPalGi is just a generic name used in Korea, like Kwon Bup.

sholo86
12-01-2007, 07:41 AM
No he doesnt, I have asked him about this certain form I would like to learn again and he hasnt heard of it or the language barrier played part. Master Yim teaches Teoul Moon which is the gate before Heaven and Master Chun teaches Sib Pal Gee which is the 18 classical weapons. When you start with Master Yim you will first learn a stance form or set , which I am hunting again, then you move to a punching form and then to a kicking form. I was taught 1 side of the kicking form then you have to learn the 2nd side on your own which is a mirrored image of the first jus going opposite I believe.

Coop

Thanks Coop. I was just curios because there are not too many Teoul Moon schools in the U.S. I am currently training under Master Yim and am heading to Ft Walton Beach in a month. I am thinking about opening a school there. I knew of a TM school in Biloxi, but not sure if it is still open.

I have photos of TM basic stances in my website http://www.geocities.com/sholo86/teoulmoon.html
This might jog your memory a little....:D

Coopr
12-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks Coop. I was just curios because there are not too many Teoul Moon schools in the U.S. I am currently training under Master Yim and am heading to Ft Walton Beach in a month. I am thinking about opening a school there. I knew of a TM school in Biloxi, but not sure if it is still open.

I have photos of TM basic stances in my website http://www.geocities.com/sholo86/teoulmoon.html
This might jog your memory a little....:D

no the biloxi school is closed due to differences, my buddy ran that school.

Coop

Coopr
12-01-2007, 02:38 PM
no the biloxi school is closed due to differences, my buddy ran that school.

Coop

or shall i say indifferences. I would love for Master Yim to visit here and work with me, but I havent tried to get in contact with him about it. Really I like Bagua and would rather jus learn that, but Master Yim has a great system.

if you pass Mississippi on your way to Ft Walton drop and line and we can meet up and cross train.

Coop

MasterKiller
12-01-2007, 02:50 PM
I'd like to see some of your forms, open hand especially. Also, do either of you have a form called Ko U Kwon (kaw woo kwon) by chance?

sholo86
12-01-2007, 05:18 PM
MK

The only empty hand form we have that sounds kinda the same as Ko U Kwon is the Huk Ho Kwon (Black Tiger). I will try and send clips of our forms so you can see some of the similarities, but that will not be till I get settled in Florida.

Peace

golden arhat
12-01-2007, 05:27 PM
they have a video that ive seen before on youtube

of them doing spear two person form( qiang dui lan) from a major wushu tourney saying its their own

very suspicious as all they seem to be doing is traditional

:rolleyes:

sholo86
12-01-2007, 06:05 PM
they have a video that ive seen before on youtube

of them doing spear two person form( qiang dui lan) from a major wushu tourney saying its their own

very suspicious as all they seem to be doing is traditional

:rolleyes:

Trust me, we do traditional chinese MA training. GM Yim used to be the South Korean National Wushu Team Coach and Coordinator but not anymore. He knows all of the Wushu forms being the coach and all and I believe this is where people get confused. Most of the Wushu team members at that time belong to the Teoul Moon School. Some of his students then only wanted to learn Wushu just for the competition. Now he only teaches Teoul Moon. He will, on occasion, teach a student a Wushu form as an incentive if he feels like the student can perform the acrobatics in the form. And when he does, he will tell you right there and then that this is a Wushu Form and not part of the Teoul Moon Curriculum. GM Yim has more integrity than that.

With that said, please send link of that video you spoke of when you find it. Now, there is a video clip posted in one of the Teoul Moon sites that show a two-man spear form, but I think it was posted there to show good Wushu demonstration. Here's the link http://www.teoulmoon.org/index.php

MasterKiller
12-01-2007, 08:08 PM
MK

The only empty hand form we have that sounds kinda the same as Ko U Kwon is the Huk Ho Kwon (Black Tiger). I will try and send clips of our forms so you can see some of the similarities, but that will not be till I get settled in Florida.

Peace

No, it's not Black Tiger. This is a version of the form:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23m3BjJkwVc

sholo86
12-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Sorry, that's not one of our forms. The motions at the end part of Ko U Kwon is almost BUT not quite the same as the end part of our Black Tiger form though.

firepalm
12-02-2007, 01:44 AM
You know I can't say much about the Teoul Moon system or Master Yim but I will say this I saw several members of the Korean Wushu Team in the past in particular his student Chon Dae Park. Chon is an incredible athlete close if not on par with Professional Chinese Wushu athletes. He has incredible speed, power & jumping ability.

As mentioned I don't know much about the Teoul Moon system but if Yim coached Chon Dae Park then he has got some serious teaching abilities.

My two cents :cool:

sholo86
12-02-2007, 02:56 AM
You know I can't say much about the Teoul Moon system or Master Yim but I will say this I saw several members of the Korean Wushu Team in the past in particular his student Chon Dae Park. Chon is an incredible athlete close if not on par with Professional Chinese Wushu athletes. He has incredible speed, power & jumping ability.

As mentioned I don't know much about the Teoul Moon system but if Yim coached Chon Dae Park then he has got some serious teaching abilities.

My two cents :cool:

Chon Dae Park is one of GM Yim's Wushu students. The team stopped by our old TMKF school in Belleveu, NE and gave us quite an impressive demonstration. I'm not sure if he also studied the Teoul Moon Kung Fu system on the side, but he now has his own Wushu School in South Korea.

golden arhat
12-02-2007, 04:06 AM
Trust me, we do traditional chinese MA training. GM Yim used to be the South Korean National Wushu Team Coach and Coordinator but not anymore. He knows all of the Wushu forms being the coach and all and I believe this is where people get confused. Most of the Wushu team members at that time belong to the Teoul Moon School. Some of his students then only wanted to learn Wushu just for the competition. Now he only teaches Teoul Moon. He will, on occasion, teach a student a Wushu form as an incentive if he feels like the student can perform the acrobatics in the form. And when he does, he will tell you right there and then that this is a Wushu Form and not part of the Teoul Moon Curriculum. GM Yim has more integrity than that.

With that said, please send link of that video you spoke of when you find it. Now, there is a video clip posted in one of the Teoul Moon sites that show a two-man spear form, but I think it was posted there to show good Wushu demonstration. Here's the link http://www.teoulmoon.org/index.php

its slap bang on their home page

ive seen the video a hundred times with no mention of you guys

golden arhat
12-02-2007, 04:12 AM
and i still dont see how this school teaches you to fight but ok
:S

sholo86
12-02-2007, 04:56 AM
its slap bang on their home page

ive seen the video a hundred times with no mention of you guys

If the link I posted was the "video clip" you were talking about in your earlier post, then, I guess I need to explain it a little bit more...

I'm sorry that you have to view the clip 100 times. The wushu video has nothing to do with Teoul Moon...the owner of the site posted it because he liked the choreography of the two individuals performing the wushu spear set and thought it would be interesting also to his visitors. So, please don't get too confused...:rolleyes: Just a heads up also, we were not mentioned in the National Geographic clip either...

I really don't want to make this a sytle vs. style type of discussion but, with regards to your legitimate question about learning how to fight...don't you worry too much about it. Like any other MA out there (to include yours), they all teach offense and defense techniques. Whether you use it properly or not during a confrontation is all up to you. Just be careful cause people nowadays are quick to sue for assault and battery.

Seppukku
12-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Not if you kill them.

Leave no witnesses (see, I mean that in a legal sense, too).

It isn't self-defedants (HWARARARARA!!). It's self-defense. And if you're the defendant, you'd better not leave any plaintiffs!

Seppukku
12-02-2007, 07:49 AM
yes he did, plus a couple other teachers.

http://www.chungmookwan.com/

he has his teachers listed under GM Dai Soung Chun.

Coop

I don't know if anyone's told you this yet, and I don't know how to break it to you, but Chung Moo is a notorious cult. They prey on young adults and children, and discourage them from pursuing education; then they suck in the adults to do this to children; and they make you live in close quarters with other "acolytes" that are a part of the cult, and extort money from you.

I hope you're not one of the adults preying on the children. Please tell me you're an "acolyte". (Otherwise, (disregard if you're not an instructor) you disgust me sir!)

I'm starting to wonder whether or not you guys are an offshoot of the cult that has mind-melded with the Rev. Sun Yeoung-Moon? Pah.....it leaves a bad taste in your mouth just saying it!

Mas Judt
12-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Chung Moo Kwan is not Chung Moo Quan - as far as I can determine. The cult created by the fraud and felon John C. Kim (now called Oom Young Doe) is apparently a rip off of Chung Moo Kwan. There appears to be a tremendous gulf between the two.

Seppukku
12-02-2007, 08:15 AM
I don't think you should start defending them unless you have solid info. You risk bringing more acolytes into their cult.

Mas Judt
12-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Maybe you should avoid disparaging someone until you know better.

Coopr
12-02-2007, 09:59 AM
I have my instructor certification and there is no cult stuff here, I am also a former marine, we have 2 sheriffs also in the class. He encourages kids to get there education maybe you have some names mixed up. I study with Master Chun for LST knowledge on Bagua.

Coop

MasterKiller
12-02-2007, 10:32 AM
I don't know if anyone's told you this yet, and I don't know how to break it to you, but Chung Moo is a notorious cult. They prey on young adults and children, and discourage them from pursuing education; then they suck in the adults to do this to children; and they make you live in close quarters with other "acolytes" that are a part of the cult, and extort money from you.

I hope you're not one of the adults preying on the children. Please tell me you're an "acolyte". (Otherwise, (disregard if you're not an instructor) you disgust me sir!)

I'm starting to wonder whether or not you guys are an offshoot of the cult that has mind-melded with the Rev. Sun Yeoung-Moon? Pah.....it leaves a bad taste in your mouth just saying it!

Don't be a f@cking idiot. Chun Dai Sun is not related at all to Kim. If you don't trust me follow his lineage chart on mantis cave. It's legit.

However, there is a good probability that Kim studied with and ursurped material from the Korean CMA masters in Seoul.

Royal Dragon has been comparing the korean CMA forms with Kim's material to see just what he stole and how far he got in the CMA circles.

Lin Pan Zhang, Jiang Kyung Fung, Lee De Jiang, and Lu Shu Tien were/are legitmate CMA masters that aree responsible for bringing in, developing, and spreading Chinese arts in Korea.

sholo86
12-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Don't be a f@cking idiot. Chun Dai Sun is not related at all to Kim. If you don't trust me follow his lineage chart on mantis cave. It's legit.

However, there is a good probability that Kim studied with and ursurped material from the Korean CMA masters in Seoul.

Royal Dragon has been comparing the korean CMA forms with Kim's material to see just what he stole and how far he got in the CMA circles.

Lin Pan Zhang, Jiang Kyung Fung, Lee De Jiang, and Lu Shu Tien were/are legitmate CMA masters that aree responsible for bringing in, developing, and spreading Chinese arts in Korea.

Just to clarify the typo...it's YIM, Hon Sok...not KIM :p and NO we are not part of any Korean cult.

MK, can you clarify your third statement? It sounded like Royal Dragon is investigating Master Yim for stealing something in the CMA world. Am I reading this correctly?

I would also like to add Master Chon, Song Shing (founder of Teoul Moon KF; a student of Lin Pan Zhang and classmate(?) of Lee De Jiang in the Tai Ji Tang Lang system) to the list of Korean Masters responsible for spreading and developing CMA in Korea.

Seppukku
12-02-2007, 03:02 PM
It all sounds like a cult to me. I mention the link, and a cult member calls me a f@cking idiot.

Hey, I'm not the one who studied Chung Moo, mate. If you've got issues, go work them off with Iron Kim. I read that book =Herding the Moo= so I think I know what I'm talking about. Potatoes, potatoes. Are you saying there's a bigger school behind Kim's martial arts?

Maybe we should investigate them, too. You know, damage control.

Seppukku
12-02-2007, 03:08 PM
So, is there a link with the Reverend Sun Yung Moon? Man, I can't stand that guy. I don't know how you guys can tolerate it, especially with Chung Moo already breathing down your backs.

MasterKiller
12-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Just to clarify the typo...it's YIM, Hon Sok...not KIM :p and NO we are not part of any Korean cult.

MK, can you clarify your third statement? It sounded like Royal Dragon is investigating Master Yim for stealing something in the CMA world. Am I reading this correctly?
No, RD has been actively investigating this guy Iron Kim, who was a notorious cult leader using Korean martial arts as a front. He obvisouly studied a little Bagua and Sippalgi in Seoul, but apparently made up the rest of his curriculum based on his limited exposure to CMA styles in Seoul.

This has nothing to do with your teacher, although Seppuku seems intent on making the link.Seppuku is the troll previously known as John Takeshi, so you can pretty much just ignore anything he says from now on as he is just trying to cause trouble.

I would also like to add Master Chon, Song Shing (founder of Teoul Moon KF; a student of Lin Pan Zhang and classmate(?) of Lee De Jiang in the Tai Ji Tang Lang system) to the list of Korean Masters responsible for spreading and developing CMA in Korea. Sweet. I've never heard of him. :)

sholo86
12-02-2007, 04:23 PM
No, RD has been actively investigating this guy Iron Kim, who was a notorious cult leader using Korean martial arts as a front. He obvisouly studied a little Bagua and Sippalgi in Seoul, but apparently made up the rest of his curriculum based on his limited exposure to CMA styles in Seoul.

This has nothing to do with your teacher, although Seppuku seems intent on making the link.Seppuku is the troll previously known as John Takeshi, so you can pretty much just ignore anything he says from now on as he is just trying to cause trouble.

Oh...okay...I got confused there for a sec. Thanks for clarifying.

I've read a lot of things in forums about "trolls" and now I know what to look for.

Mas Judt
12-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Ah, I thought sep was confused and a little thick - but instead he's just a lonely troll with nothing better to do and no friends. Now I understand....

Seppukku
12-03-2007, 09:57 AM
If by "friends" you mean fellow cult worshippers of Iron Kim and the Chung Moo golden calf, you can count me out. Call me a fishing lure (I don't know why you insist on doing so, really...???), but at least I won't be lured into your Korean cult. If there's anything worse than a cult, it's a Korean one.

Seppukku
12-03-2007, 09:59 AM
I swear, with you online posters, it's always about fish.

I've heard some stories about mullets, trolls, trolling........

You know, deep sea fishing is depleting the stock of fish in the ocean.

That's the bottom line, and you can thank me later for keeping you informed of the plight of a planet in crisis.

Coopr
01-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Anyone training the teoul Moon system in Philly,Pn ?

Coop

sholo86
01-18-2008, 11:10 AM
The US Teoul Moon Headquarters is in Cranberry, PA run my Mark Nischalke and according to his website, there's also a school at Milford, PA. Not sure how far these cities are from Philly though.