PDA

View Full Version : stogies

TenTigers
08-30-2006, 06:38 PM
well, in the tradition of the beer thread....
some of my faves are
Arturo Fuente-because they are consictant. full flavor, clean finish
the short stories are cool-full flavor in a small package-good for a quickie
Fonseca-triangulars. These are an awesome smoke. Especially great to kick back with one of these in the back yard after a good meal, or bbq. with a glass, or twelve of port
the 2-2's are also good-another small cigar, not as fat as a short story, yet doesn't burn hot and has full flavor
One of my Sifu's was into cigars, had a huge humidor stocked with cubans-Montecristos. Romeo and Julliettas, Cohibas and Opus x's.
The Opus X and the Cuban Romeo's are probably my faves. but around here, an Opus X runs about 40 bucks, and I don't have access to cubans, so I usually stick with the Fonsecas and the Fuentes/
I tried a Padron, because my friend raved about it, and it wasn't anything to write home about.

Oso
08-30-2006, 07:03 PM
when I was young and stupid I used to smoke Black'nMilds and Swisher Sweets....

cigars are nasty. smoking is nasty. I broke up with a girl back in the 90's when I discovered she like to smoke cigars.

TenTigers
08-30-2006, 08:26 PM
oh man, I would NOT date a girl who smoked cigars. I smoke a cigar if I know I will not be kissing a girl that night-and probably the next day. My advice-get a tongue scraper. It's a good idea anyway, but the next day you can get the taste out of yur mouth. I don't know how people do it. I don't smoke cigars that often. It's not a habit, it's an enjoyment for me.

unkokusai
08-30-2006, 11:37 PM
Try a Nat Sherman if you ever get the chance. Not that expensive, but a good smoke.

BM2
08-31-2006, 06:00 AM
I can't justify spending that much on cigars. Your former sifu had to making a killing to afford those brands. The Partagas seconds are more in my pocket book or used to be, haven't smoked one since last year. They are good with a bourbon in a brandy sniffer. Indulgence. Sitting outside with friends and a good cup of coffee is good too.

David Jamieson
08-31-2006, 06:24 AM
I actually do enjoy a good cigar.
Like any "real" man probably should. :p

Being Canadian, I get to enjoy only the finest of the finest when I partake and so, for me it is Cohiba Esplendidos. Oh sure, there's other good cigars out there like Monte Cristos or Romeo y Juliet and so on, but Cohibas are exceedingly top drawer by comparison.

You only live once, probably best to try as much as you can. :D And if you are going to try a cigar, make it a good one.

yu shan
08-31-2006, 08:54 AM
I grew up in Tampa, so I got exposed to cigars very early. Most of my friends were Ricans, Cubans and Italian. So all the Dads and Grandpas smoked. I smoke Fuentes and Henry Clays. A student of mine is from Canada so I get cubans every now and then, those babies are all they are cracked up to be, yummy! I have cut way back though. Does anyone here dip the tip of your cigar in bourbon? They do this after they make the cut, leaves a nice taste on your tongue. I think this must be a Tampa thing, I have never seen it anywhere else.