PDA

View Full Version : Glass Mirrors

MARTIALSTUDANT
08-31-2006, 06:26 AM
Can any one of you kind men/women tell me the correct name of the glass that you see in boxing/kung fu gyms the ones were you can see your whole reflexion. I would appreciate if you could also link me to some sites that sale it.

Oso
08-31-2006, 10:19 AM
..........those would simply be 'mirrors'. any glass company can furnish them for you.

i went with a plexiglass mirror though. more expensive but won't break.

you do need to have an absolutely flat wall to mount it on or you get a funhouse effect.

TenTigers
08-31-2006, 02:10 PM
best bet is a plexi or acrylic mirror. It is true image, meaning it's like a real glass mirror, but unbreakable. It MUST be mounted on a substrate, meaning a strong high grade 2" plywood backing, otherwise you will have a circus mirror. You need to glue it on the substrate, NOT screws. One, you will crack more mirror and throw them out when you drill holes, two-the pressure from the screws will cause a distortion. Once you have it onn the plywood, you can screw the plywood into the studs. This way, if you move schools, you simply take the unit off the wall and move it. I can't tell you how many mirrors I have gone through.
hmmm, you get the feeling I've done this before?;)

The Willow Sword
08-31-2006, 04:18 PM
you do need to have an absolutely flat wall to mount it on or you get a funhouse effect.

haha and all your classes reflect in the mirror like the cover of a butth0le surfers album. i think that would be cool:cool: :D TWS

Oso
08-31-2006, 08:54 PM
TT, yea, pretty much what I was getting at.

TWS: haha, I've got that cassette somewhere.