PDA

View Full Version : Beer, Blunts, Doobies, BOOBIES : ), water, etc...

Royal Dragon
08-31-2006, 04:40 PM
Well, now that we have finally solved all the debates of Kung Fu, Shaolin Do, Temple Kung Fu, the merits of stances, forms and fighting as well as MMA and Martial arts in general, we are left only with the conversations that occtipi the male mind the most.

Well done guys!! No more neeed for the forum, our work is done! :D

I am now siging off for the last time as i am about to persue my life long dream of running a Shrimp boat. :p

hskwarrior
08-31-2006, 04:58 PM
did someone say "doobie"?????:D

heh-heh.........

SPJ
08-31-2006, 07:08 PM
I guess, the substances, alcohol and training dun mix.

dun do drugs.

dun drink and train/drive.

etc etc

:D

omarthefish
08-31-2006, 07:27 PM

heh-heh.........

I'll see your plants and raise you a tree:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17497713@N00/168798953/in/set-72157594168299227/

That's me in the middle there.

The Willow Sword
08-31-2006, 07:35 PM
to post pics of yourself with pot plants:rolleyes: just one of those plants can get your home seized along with your assets and your bank account and then after you get out of the joint where you have been cornholed more times than paris hilton they will take a pic of you on the street side with the cardboard sign that says "why lie i need a beer" and the facial expression should be an interesting one to compare to the last one. :p :D

'course i think pot should be decriminalized, but until then, DONT BE A DUMBFUK and POST YOUR PLANTS ALONG WITH YOU ON THE FREAKIN NET.:rolleyes:

TWS

lunghushan
08-31-2006, 07:38 PM
They're in what, San Francisco and China, respectively? What do you really think the chances are they'll get prosecuted? Highly doubt they'll have DEA on their doorstep any time soon.

Then again, hsk does evidently have his name on his video.

Ummm ... if that really is your name, not too smart, guy.

hskwarrior
08-31-2006, 08:05 PM
Actually,

I am a member of the cannabis club due to spinal injury. In California, as a patient I can smoke, and grow without fear of prosecution.

See, I do have medical reasons for using it, not just for the high.

but dude, omar, my god. my plants are only two months old. still growing.

hskwarrior
08-31-2006, 08:08 PM
lunghushan,

as i said, I am legal. Just call me the legal spiegal.

seriously, just the other day both the apartment owner and the police were outside below my balcany and the cop looked up and saw my plants.

they understand that if i am so bold to keep my plants in plain view to grow, i must be a patient of the canabis club.

so, no worries here.

The Willow Sword
08-31-2006, 08:09 PM
is this true? this is an organization that is sanctioned by our right wing ultra facist government? they alow you to grow? is this the canadian section of sanfrancisco?

my eyes are literally popping out of my head. elaborate please Hsk.

Peace,TWS

The Xia
08-31-2006, 08:13 PM
Topics like these come in waves. Remember all the women threads?

omarthefish
08-31-2006, 08:18 PM
to post pics of yourself with pot plants:rolleyes: just one of those plants can get your home seized along with your assets and your bank account and then after you get out of the joint where you have been cornholed more times than paris hilton they will take a pic of you on the street side with the cardboard sign that says "why lie i need a beer" and the facial expression should be an interesting one to compare to the last one. :p :D

'course i think pot should be decriminalized, but until then, DONT BE A DUMBFUK and POST YOUR PLANTS ALONG WITH YOU ON THE FREAKIN NET.:rolleyes:

TWS
So let's see, HSK has legal pot and the one I posted a pic of was growing here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17497713@N00/168798983/in/set-72157594168299227/

You can see it poking up from behing that brick wall towards the back. I walked around the other side of the wall to see if I was seeing what I thought I was seeing and saw this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17497713@N00/168799002/in/set-72157594168299227/

Then I took the pic form the previous post...or rather had the guy in the apove link take a pic for me becuase...well....how could I not get a shot of that. :D

hskwarrior
08-31-2006, 08:19 PM
Let me elaborate......................

In california (all of california) a law has been passed that people with legitimate health issues can see a doctor who prescribes marijuana instead of gen medicine, and as long as all is legit, you can carry, smoke, and grow without fear of getting busted by the cops.

But actually, if you are cool with the police, they just take your stuff for themselves, or like they do to me, just tell me to put it back in my pocket.

The only thing is, driving while being on our medicine is still considered being under the influence and punishable by law.

you know who is a big supporter as well as a patient? Joe Rogan, from Fear Factor.

being in cali is so beautiful when it comes to gods green herb.

hsk

Water Dragon
08-31-2006, 08:22 PM
That's it.

I'm going, going, back, back, to Cali, Cali,Cali.

lunghushan
08-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Well, that's why I first put San Francisco but it used to be pretty lax, but if you put up a big kick me sign that they used to prosecute.

http://www.dea.gov/ongoing/calimarijuana.html

Wow ... didn't know the laws had changed so much.

You know, I was wondering why things were so messed up in companies and people were so messed up ... this kindof explains it. No wonder we have to do things like hire imported workers from other countries.

hskwarrior
08-31-2006, 08:25 PM
I don't know if you guys heard this in the news, but the other day the cops busted a grower whose crops came out to a grand total of 50 million dollars.

that sucks.

hskwarrior
08-31-2006, 08:26 PM
so lunghushan,

what are you saying?

are you saying that people are messed up because they use medical marijuana?

I'm a bit confused.

lunghushan
08-31-2006, 08:28 PM
I don't know if you guys heard this in the news, but the other day the cops busted a grower whose crops came out to a grand total of 50 million dollars.

that sucks.

Why? You know, growing up around San Francisco I ran into an extreme amount of people doing drugs, and I have to say, drugs aren't good. A lot of messed up people from drugs.

lunghushan
08-31-2006, 08:31 PM
so lunghushan,

what are you saying?

are you saying that people are messed up because they use medical marijuana?

I'm a bit confused.

No, I'm saying people are messed up for using marijuana. I think that a LOT of people are using it now, more than ever. I don't have hard numbers, only conjecture, but every time I mention it I just get little looks and snickers.

Among the people who actually will talk, it seems like a large percentage of the population are pot-heads these days. In fact, I think that's the reason so many guys are dropping out of school and doing construction and stuff.

Water Dragon
08-31-2006, 08:33 PM
No, I'm saying people are messed up for using marijuana. I think that a LOT of people are using it now, more than ever. I don't have hard numbers, only conjecture, but every time I mention it I just get little looks and snickers.

Among the people who actually will talk, it seems like a large percentage of the population are pot-heads these days. In fact, I think that's the reason so many guys are dropping out of school and doing construction and stuff.

Just curious. How would you compare recreational smokers to recreational drinkers? Have you looked at any studies comparing effects of the two substances?

lunghushan
08-31-2006, 08:37 PM
Just curious. How would you compare recreational smokers to recreational drinkers? Have you looked at any studies comparing effects of the two substances?

I don't base my opinions in the area of drugs off of studies, but rather friends, relatives and acquaintances I went to school with.

Pot seems to make people kindof dumb and takes away their drive to succeed. I first started noticing the problem when I tried to find a decent guitar teacher.

My guitar teachers were pretty open about their marijuana usage, and it seemed to affect their drive (or should I say lack thereof), along with their teaching. So I searched around for one that didn't do pot, dropping hints (you actually don't even have to hint), and you know what?

I didn't find a single guitar teacher that didn't smoke pot. Not one.

Plus, getting a corporate job these days they test a lot.

Anyways, I won't argue with you, because if there's one thing I've learned from pot-heads, they will never agree that it affects them at all. I've heard all the studies, visited the sit-ins, hemp is good and all that, so there will be no convincing you otherwise.

It's just kindof sad, is all. But whatever. Doesn't affect me much except for the guitar teacher (or lack thereof). Oh, and trying to deal rationally with a bunch of pot and prozac doing idiots, which is just about impossible.

Oso
08-31-2006, 08:43 PM
That's it.

I'm going, going, back, back, to Cali, Cali,Cali.

i think you're off there dude...I don't have them in front of me but I think it's:

I'm going

going

going back to cali,cali

going

going

going back to cali

cali

LL Cool J is da **** because LL P L

:cool:

Water Dragon
08-31-2006, 08:44 PM
Hmmmm, well if we're comparing. I have my bachelors degree, plan on starting my Phd in economics as soon as my sons are old enough. Yes, I'm a single father. I'm one of the top producers at my job (white collar profesional), train Judo, lift weights, still do bag work, have a healthy relationship with my girl, and still try to volunteer a couple hours at least once a month (I have a passion for working with at risk youth; crises intervention programs, etc.)

Most of my friends who smoke do equally well. All have college degrees.

Maybe you're just hanging around people with little to no motivation. Correlation does not necesarily indicate causation.

I personally think the effects of alcohol are much worse tha marijauna.

Water Dragon
08-31-2006, 08:45 PM
i think you're off there dude...I don't have them in front of me but I think it's:

I'm going

going

going back to cali,cali

going

going

going back to cali

cali

LL Cool J is da **** because LL P L

:cool:

Love LL, but I was quoting Biggie Smalls.

The Willow Sword
08-31-2006, 08:46 PM
California IS Another country.:D oh and i am not even going to get in to the drug debate here. although i am allergic to it, i dont dis anyone who smokes it(was joking in my last post sort of) as statistics go ,pot is a big fat goose egg when it comes to related deaths and mishappenings with a car and such. alchohol contributes to more mayhem and death on the road and in the home than any other illegal/legal recreational substance, it even eclipses crack and meth.

Hey if it is legal for you HSK then kudos to you. although it must suck having a spinal injury.
Peace and be well, TWS

Shaolinlueb
08-31-2006, 08:46 PM

heh-heh.........

yo man

i dont know if i would go posting this image......

edit*

just read the rest frank.

thats funny, you're like "**** i can grow no worries"

lunghushan
08-31-2006, 08:48 PM
Well, whatever. I doubt you're smoking a lot. If you were you couldn't get a good corporate job because they test, and it would affect your motor skills, not to mention your sex drive.

I've met plenty of successful people who smoke once or twice a week. I used to body-surf with a bunch of doctors and lawyers some mornings in Santa Cruz and they'd all light up.

I guess we're all entitled to our opinions. Maybe the people that I met who got on pot and got all weird would have gotten all weird anyway -- I don't know.

Maybe the meth heads that I know that got started with pot would have turned out as meth heads anyway -- I don't know.

But for me, I'm against recreational pot use. As for medical marijuana -- I don't have enough data to make a decision on that one yet.

hskwarrior
08-31-2006, 08:50 PM
lunghushan,

but you are totally discounting the effect it has on people like me who is in constant pain. I can take vicodin, codenes, but I am likely to get more addicted to those than i would marijuana.

Plus, never once is there a record of someone overdosing, or dying from the use of marijuana.

but for someone who has cancer, and usually doesn't have an appetite due to kimo, marijuana would help the nausea, would make them hungry so they can eat.

marijuana is great for those with depression, women with cramps, and so forth.

you are only judging marijuana based off of what you've seen in a very limited scope of things.

however smoking cigarettes causes cancer, but weed doesn't. There are no Warning Signs on bags of weed when we buy it.

but the on the door to the weed club i go to has printed on the door."Welcome to Heaven"........

For those who need weed for it's effects, this place is heaven.

hsk

Water Dragon
08-31-2006, 08:50 PM
I go through between a half and an ounce a week.

lunghushan
08-31-2006, 08:52 PM
I go through between a half and an ounce a week.

Well that's nothing to boast about. Stay away from Mexican brown, that stuff causes parkinsons disease.

lunghushan
08-31-2006, 08:53 PM
lunghushan,

but you are totally discounting the effect it has on people like me who is in constant pain. I can take vicodin, codenes, but I am likely to get more addicted to those than i would marijuana.

Plus, never once is there a record of someone overdosing, or dying from the use of marijuana.

but for someone who has cancer, and usually doesn't have an appetite due to kimo, marijuana would help the nausea, would make them hungry so they can eat.

marijuana is great for those with depression, women with cramps, and so forth.

you are only judging marijuana based off of what you've seen in a very limited scope of things.

however smoking cigarettes causes cancer, but weed doesn't. There are no Warning Signs on bags of weed when we buy it.

but the on the door to the weed club i go to has printed on the door."Welcome to Heaven"........

For those who need weed for it's effects, this place is heaven.

hsk

Like I said, I don't know about medical marijuana. I don't have enough data points yet. I'm against recreational use.

hskwarrior
08-31-2006, 08:54 PM
so we're good then?!?!?!:)

Water Dragon
08-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Well that's nothing to boast about. Stay away from Mexican brown, that stuff causes parkinsons disease.

Not boasting, just stating that I think your logic is skewed. People who are motivated and want to make the world a better place will do that regardless. People who want to waste their life away will do that regardless. I don't feel that marijuana use plays a factor one way or the other.

I could show you a lot of worthless people who eat peanut butter sammiches. That doesn't make peanut butter sammiches inherently bad.

hskwarrior
08-31-2006, 08:58 PM
WHat's up shaolinlueb?

Yeah, i wave at the cops now when they drive by and look at my plants.

Cali is the place to be...........

hsk

lunghushan
08-31-2006, 08:59 PM
so we're good then?!?!?!:)

Look, I'm not judging you. I'm just saying what I ran into. I have no idea about medicinal uses. It wasn't legal in California for medicinal uses and nobody I knew used it for that except my friend Chris's grandmother who said it helped her glaucoma.

I don't see the point in recreational use. Believe me, I'm not coming into it from some naive viewpoint. My room-mates used to grow, they used it all the time, I knew plenty of people do it, sit around do nothing except bang out stupid tunes on the guitar, listen to Hendrix and the Grateful Dead and go "oh man" for hours.

One of my friends had a girlfriend that looked like Grace Kelly. She was from OC. She was so beautiful, and my friend just smoked all the time, did nothing, so she left him. Then she got onto pot and last I heard was dating some 18 year old at 30, never did anything with her life.

I could go on and on with examples of people who started with pot and went to meth. Dozens of people.

If you ask me, it just causes people to be dumb and stupid, so I don't get the point ... ????

lunghushan
08-31-2006, 09:02 PM
Not boasting, just stating that I think your logic is skewed. People who are motivated and want to make the world a better place will do that regardless. People who want to waste their life away will do that regardless. I don't feel that marijuana use plays a factor one way or the other.

I could show you a lot of worthless people who eat peanut butter sammiches. That doesn't make peanut butter sammiches inherently bad.

I just don't get the point. Bottom line is it's just kindof useless. From what I've come across it just causes problems, everything from child neglect to people going nowhere in their lives, to breakdowns of the family and divorce.

You say I can't prove causation, yes, that's true. Maybe those people were just losers to begin with, I have no idea. But I don't see the point in smoking the stuff.

Water Dragon
08-31-2006, 09:02 PM
Look, I'm not judging you. I'm just saying what I ran into. I have no idea about medicinal uses. It wasn't legal in California for medicinal uses and nobody I knew used it for that except my friend Chris's grandmother who said it helped her glaucoma.

I don't see the point in recreational use. Believe me, I'm not coming into it from some naive viewpoint. My room-mates used to grow, they used it all the time, I knew plenty of people do it, sit around do nothing except bang out stupid tunes on the guitar, listen to Hendrix and the Grateful Dead and go "oh man" for hours.

One of my friends had a girlfriend that looked like Grace Kelly. She was from OC. She was so beautiful, and my friend just smoked all the time, did nothing, so she left him. Then she got onto pot and last I heard was dating some 18 year old at 30, never did anything with her life.

I could go on and on with examples of people who started with pot and went to meth. Dozens of people.

If you ask me, it just causes people to be dumb and stupid, so I don't get the point ... ????

My argument is that those people would be worthless whether or not herb was involved.

lunghushan
08-31-2006, 09:05 PM
My argument is that those people would be worthless whether or not herb was involved.

Yeah, but why do it? That's the thing I don't get.

Then again, I don't really understand alcohol abuse either. Alcohol just seems to make you fat if you drink a lot, and if you drink hard alcohol it just seems to destroy your liver.

Anyway, like I said, there will be no convincing you. I've been through this many times already. We'll see what happens to you, how it affects you.

Nothing is worse, though, than trying to deal with some high idiot in a business situation or a retail establishment. It makes them just kindof, well, dumb.

Water Dragon
08-31-2006, 09:07 PM
You say I can't prove causation, yes, that's true. Maybe those people were just losers to begin with, I have no idea. But I don't see the point in smoking the stuff.

But the thing is, no one is asking you to approve. No one is saying, "Lung, you need to smoke weed."

The argument is that there is not a single study that proves marijuana is the demon many people make it out to be. In fact, the studies that have been done show weed to be benign if not beneficial.

Water Dragon
08-31-2006, 09:09 PM
I think somebody should post a video of an old woman being assaulted before this thread gets locked. :p

lunghushan
08-31-2006, 09:11 PM
But the thing is, no one is asking you to approve. No one is saying, "Lung, you need to smoke weed."

The argument is that there is not a single study that proves marijuana is the demon many people make it out to be. In fact, the studies that have been done show weed to be benign if not beneficial.

It's not a big black and white thing. The effects of pot are more subtle. I don't think you can fully comprehend the effects of pot until you have a 45 year old pot-head room-mate who still thinks he's in college, and it isn't just him, but it's his girlfriend and all his friends as well.

Pot is bad news. I don't need a study for that.

Water Dragon
08-31-2006, 09:13 PM
I dunno, Bro. It sounds to me like you just make bad choices about whom you associate with. You seem to know a lot of losers.

Oso
08-31-2006, 09:23 PM
Love LL, but I was quoting Biggie Smalls.

lol, ok...don't know Biggie.

what about people who eat peanut butter, mayo and red onion sammiches?????

just want to make sure I'm not worthless...

lunghushan
08-31-2006, 09:25 PM
I dunno, Bro. It sounds to me like you just make bad choices about whom you associate with. You seem to know a lot of losers.

There were plenty of successful people who went to good schools that I knew too, but they weren't the ones doing drugs. Except one guy I knew that did a lot of speed, but he stopped that after high school.

monkeyfoot
09-01-2006, 02:38 AM
man this forum is getting TRASHED!!!!!

makes me sad.....most of the 'vets' dont even bother posting anymore

craig

and in the end, marijuana isnt good for you, yea it may not be really really bad, but its still not a positive.

Royal Dragon
09-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Pot seems to make people kindof dumb and takes away their drive to succeed. I first started noticing the problem when I tried to find a decent guitar teacher.

Reply]
I have to agree here. WD maybe YOU are the excepton that proves the rule.

I don't drink, or do drugs of any kind. Even when I my back was at it's worst, I didn't even take the Vicodens I was prescribed. I just suffred through the pain. I have the full bottle still in my medicine cabinet....nice and expired today.

I have known people who don't smoke, and then later started. I have seen a marked decline in thier drive, and motivation. You can see a clear drop in thier intelectual abilities. They tend to become more paranoid and suspicious, and less trusting of others. They tend to have difficulties maintaining relationships, and often there marriages end in divorce after only short times.

The first thing I notice about users is they lose a degree of self awareness. Basically they really don't see the decline in thier lives, because the Pot masks it. Everyone else can see it though, so they tend to drift away from thier non useing freinds, and sink down to the level found commonly amongst other pot users. They then consistantly reinforce eachother, and make all these comparisons to Alcohol users and such, in a vain attempt to not have to admit they have gone down since they started smoking.

Most alcohol users don't seem to have any negative effect at all, unless they abuse. Again, same with pot smokers, in heavy drinkers ,first thing to go is a degree of self awareness. Heavy drinkers are also in thier own little worlds, and completely un aware of much of thier reality. Those of us who don't drink, smoke or what have you know what I mean.

Personally, I think it's sad, especialy when you meet someone, and look at them and you can see they are Pot users even when they don't say anything before hand.

Water Dragon
09-01-2006, 06:12 AM
For every negative example you give me, I can point out a success story. People who are considered pillars of their community in multiple ways. Too many people to be an, 'exception to the rule'

TaiChiBob
09-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Greetings..

People make choices.. some beneficial, some harmful.. in so much as they don't harm others, what's the problem?

DEA cites the criminal element as a serious negative: Guess what, legalize it and remove the stimulus for profit.. this greatly reduces the people who choose to use it from being exposed to the more dangerous drugs and criminals..

Legalize it, and use the tax revenue to combat the really dangerous drugs..

Legalize it, and create a new labor market with its own tax base..

Legalize it, and reduce the costs associated with investigation, prosecution, and incarceration..

It is my own belief that Cannibis should be treated like any other herb.. as a health conscious person, i have no need for routine recreational use.. but, i regard Cannibis as a bit like a sacrement, to be respected for its creative and consciousness expanding properties.. used infrequently, and with specific purposes of creative or metaphysical enhancement i see no harm.. naturally, overuse will, like any extreme, have harmful side-effects..

Contrary to the "reduced drive" and loss of awareness allegations.. those conditions were already present, Cannibis simply enhances a person's natural states.. The harmful effects demonstrated by those types of behavior are the most observable negative "perception" of Cannibis, but certainly not a predominate characteristic.. of the millions that use Cannibis, this country would be awash in the classic "stoner" profile, it is not.. i know many more responsible productive members of society than "stoners"..

It is the illegal status that romanticizes Cannibis.. the cheap thrill of defying the system.. The system creates a self-fulfilling prophesy, it makes the criminals it "says" it doesn't want.. We need to emerge from the dark ages and address Cannibis for what it is, a weed, an herb.. generally benign, except for the self-fulfilling prophesy of criminallity.. How many more people will the government drive underground in search of their choice of "pursuit of happiness", expose them to the criminal element.. drive our $$ into the support of crime.. The real crime is that Cannibis is illegal, our society make criminals of generally decent people.. many of whom choose Cannibis over alchohol, a better choice from my experience..

And, for the record, it is really confusing to examine the medical profession's willingness to prescribe some really mind screwing drugs for everyday use.. while they tell us of the harm of Cannibis.. check the last decade's statistics of abuse of drugs resulting the necessity for medical treatment.. as much as half of the abused drugs are leagally prescribed, THEN.. the victim has to rely on the same legal pushers (MDs) to fix the problem they created.. Now, there's a system that needs serious scrutiny.. how often do you see a Cannibis user in the ER for abuse?.. The irony of this exceeds reasonable or rational consideration..

Be well..

Oso
09-01-2006, 07:17 AM
TCB has taken the correct, separated the seeds, fired it up and passed it on...

Yao Sing
09-01-2006, 07:20 AM
Pot is strange and affects different people in different ways. I've seen guys that are completely useless on pot (like me) but I've also seen guys totally in tune and breeze through situations requiring a bit of brain power.

I have a friend that runs a successfull, and growing, business and he smoke a lot every day.

I also stood along side Keith Stroup smoking Thai Stick while he was interviewed just before going in to testify before Congress (smoke-in, Washington DC, 1974, I think) to legalize pot. I was amazed at how he could still talk intelligently when I'd be lucky to get my name right.

I gave that stuff up because it made my joints ache (the ones in my body, not my pocket) plus I wasn't very productive. It didn't seem to be a good fit with the Kenpo I was training at the time. I have a friend that used to smoke to loosen his body up to workout. We're all different.

yu shan
09-01-2006, 08:58 AM
I can easily see the students in my school that smoke the tree. No worries, I`m no saint.

lunghushan
09-01-2006, 09:31 AM
For every negative example you give me, I can point out a success story. People who are considered pillars of their community in multiple ways. Too many people to be an, 'exception to the rule'

Whatever. Don't expect me to put aside all the people I've known who have had trouble for your few pillars.

Like I said, I had no illusion I'd ever convince you otherwise. I've never convinced any addict they had a problem, not even most meth heads believe they have a problem.

@PLUGO
09-01-2006, 10:26 AM

Sounds like you've got your mind made up. This is, of course, fine... people should know what works for them or not.However, the above statement is flat out ridiculous. Earlier you said that you base your opinions on observation of your friends... so, if you have a friend that came down with Parkinson's after smoking some bad weed then perhaps your friend might look into his/her personal medical history.

If not, then either post a source for that statement or admit that is anecdotal, at best. Same with drug testing . . . putting aside work-arounds you are again jumping to false conclusions.

I have several friends who work for AT&T, it's hard to get more corporate than that yet all of them "partake" to various degrees. Some even have high security positions. So once again check your source or append your comments with "I believe" or something to that effect.

Or don't; most folks aren't going to be convinced to change their behavior by the sort of reasoning you're offering. And, it seems you're not all that invested in your position and probably less interested in the subject matter... so there you go.

regarding San Francisco/ California law. The debate over clinical cannabis is on going and happening on a city by city, county by county basis. The Prison Guards unions are very influential on the west coast and it's very much in their interest to keep jails filled with docile pot smoking offenders.

lunghushan
09-01-2006, 10:37 AM
If not, then either post a source for that statement or admit that is anecdotal, at best. Same with drug testing . . . putting aside work-arounds you are again jumping to false conclusions.

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/pr/news/archive/park.html
http://www.fathersforlife.org/health/paraquat_and_PD.htm
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001085.htm
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE1DC1438F933A15754C0A96E9482 60

Much of the Mexican brown is low quality pot that has been sprayed with Paraquat by the government to kill it, but is still sold in the U.S. anyway. Paraquat has been linked to Parkinsons disease.

http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/marijuana/cannabis.html

"Mexico has been spraying fields with paraquat, much of this sprayed marijuana makes its way to the United States. "

The functional groups on Paraquat when smoked act similar to heroin except they bind the receptors.

Believe me, I'm not making any of this up.

@PLUGO
09-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Thank you for the links... I haven't scanned them yet but I will.

This sort of info is of much greater interest than the friend-of-a-friend sort of thing.

lunghushan
09-01-2006, 11:04 AM
We first became aware of the Mexican brown thing when our friends smoked a whole bunch of cheap pot and were stoned for 4-5 days. I went and did some research and found out about the paraquat connection, which is documented very well.

Anyway, whatever. I don't know why you have to have scientific studies for everything. Can't you make up your own mind about things?

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-01-2006, 11:20 AM
man this forum is getting TRASHED!!!!!

makes me sad.....most of the 'vets' dont even bother posting anymore

craig

and in the end, marijuana isnt good for you, yea it may not be really really bad, but its still not a positive.

dude this is the most active i've seen the forum in a long long time. and more than half the people posting in this thread are vets. just like anything else the forum stagnates when there is no activity. true ... not all activity is as good as others, but at least its a sign of life.

PangQuan
09-01-2006, 11:21 AM
there are different reactions for all types of people in many things.

there is no set rule, standard, or reaction. some people are weak minded, others are not.

bruce lee was found to have hash in his system after his death. was he a regular user or was it an every now and then thing? was he in contant pain and chose to use an non chemical aid for that pain? who knows. but the facts remain he at some point or another used.

was he unmotivated? lolz...

i say people will do what they do, and that is just how it is. some will drink beer, get fat guts, beat thier children and cheat on thier wife. some will drink beer and not let it effect them.

same with marijuana i suppose.

every one has an opinion. are any of us correct ?? no. its just a matter of opinion based on observation. through the observations we have we create bias outlooks and carry those through to the rest of our reactions regarding certain things.

for instance, my bias outlook. i think people who drink everyday shouldnt, but i can garantee you someone out there who drinks everyday is still on top of thier game.

would they be better w/o the drink? maybe, but then again...maybe not.

unless you are personally living the same experiences and lives as that person you cannot truly tell.

what may work for one may not work for another.

to each his own.

lunghushan
09-01-2006, 11:26 AM
The best thing was when I gave my younger brother and sister the 'drug talk', because I knew my parents wouldn't do it.

I didn't tell them not to use drugs. I carefully explained about how to find the best pot, what happens if you score cheap pot, the things that drugs are commonly spiked with (speed, strychnine, etc.), what happens if you wind up with drugs that are spiked with speed, strychnine, etc., what happens if you flip out while on acid or PCP, how pot can affect your driving...

All of the people that I knew who had problems with drugs and the things that happened to them, like the friend who tried to cut his room-mate with a chain saw, the guy who broke his leg on coke.

I took them to visit my friends from high school who were still doing nothing, with minimum wage jobs at gas stations, who were huge pot-heads.

They never touched the stuff, ever.

golden arhat
09-01-2006, 11:31 AM
you must live in the dutch embassy

qiphlow
09-01-2006, 11:37 AM
i stopped smoking pot for the same reason i stopped eating acid--the trip began to be the same every time. it just wasn't fun anymore. i was smoking pot daily, acid one or twice weekly (plus mushrooms, plus ecstasy:D ). while i was doing it, i still went to work every day, if only because no paycheck =no dope! granted, there were plenty of times we had great plans for the day on a weekend, only to get stoned first and never get out the front door...:D :D :D

lunghushan
09-01-2006, 11:53 AM
We had the most patient upstairs neighbors ever in one apartment in the dorms.

My room-mates would always get stoned with our downstairs neighbors and sit in the living room, and I'd try to do homework in my room in the back.

They'd be listening to Phish, the Dead, Hendrix, Marley, etc., turned way up on speakers with these 15 inch woofers, stoned off their rockers, banging out chords and patterns on the guitar.

Anyway, one of the guys in my physics class was living upstairs, so about 2 months into the term I went up there to ask him a question.

The music from our apartment was SO FRICKING LOUD that it actually was SHAKING their apartment, but they never came down to tell us to shut up. (Or maybe they did tell my room-mates and they were stoned off their rocker).

lunghushan
09-01-2006, 11:55 AM
It could be these people who don't think pot is any big deal just don't have any decent pot.

Smoke a couple of gravity bongs full of some purple budded Humbolt Indica and I guarantee you won't get any work done.

Yao Sing
09-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Funny how lunghushan's info comes from observing his friends yet he seems to know an awful lot about drugs.

lunghushan
09-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Funny how lunghushan's info comes from observing his friends yet he seems to know an awful lot about drugs.

Like I said, I'm not making any of this up. Drugs are bad.

qiphlow
09-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Drugs are bad.

and i say bull****, sir. drugs are fun!

Yao Sing
09-01-2006, 01:23 PM
OMG, lunghushan is Mr. Mackey! :eek:

Um, drugs are bad. Mkay?

@PLUGO
09-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Anyway, whatever. I don't know why you have to have scientific studies for everything. Can't you make up your own mind about things?

I make up my own mind all the time. I do this effectively by examining when some one's making a fallacious statement based on presupposed assumptions. Take for instance the belief that your successful friends don't do drugs and their success is a result of this. I don't know how you define success, I could break it down by suggesting it might be shallow if you imagine a women who looks like a movie star should put those looks to use. I don't know how well you know your firends and what you consider to be your most ambitious business minded friend could be excluding you from weekend long coke fests with other business partners. Besides, this discussion is online . . . you could actually be working for D.A.R.E.

No matter how many times you say "smoking pot makes you dumb" or "Drugs are bad" it will still appear to me as an unexamined opinion. Of little use to me for making up my own mind. You're of course welcome to keep that opinion and no-one's stopping you from arguing for it, you're welcome to do the same for the argument that god created the world in 7 days. So long as you're not in a position to let that opinion influence situations like the one HSK has described, then as you say . . . whatever.

Now the info about Marijuana imported from Mexico is of some use, now that there are sources that can be examined. I'll formulate my opinion on that after reading and cross referencing. Then, if I'm in the unlikely situation of deciding whether or not to actually smoke brown Mexican "brick weed" I'll decide for myself.

I'd suggest you might want to examine you own opinions as rigorously . . . "Drugs are bad" really doesn't cut it.

lunghushan
09-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Drugs are bad is just a summary of the issue.

Bottom line is any psychologically active drug like we're talking about messes with the brain's natural chemistry.

This can be done by binding to a receptor thereby altering its function, or it can be done by mimicking a substance that binds to a receptor, or by stimulating certain neurological precursors.

A lot of them work with dopamine, serotonin and things like that. Bottom line is, they mess with your brain, and the effects aren't good because they alter the normal brain chemistry, and can cause dependence.

If the brain's used to hyper-stimulation of a receptor, then it might tone that receptor down to compensate, so when the drug is gone, the person gets depressed, or the brain doesn't function normally.

So bottom line is they aren't really very good.

Just say no. I don't work for D.A.R.E.

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-01-2006, 03:17 PM
there are different reactions for all types of people in many things.

for instance, my bias outlook. i think people who drink everyday shouldnt, but i can garantee you someone out there who drinks everyday is still on top of thier game.

would they be better w/o the drink? maybe, but then again...maybe not.

...... to each his own.

i definately drink too much. in cycles. ill drink 2 - 3 beers a night for months. but somehow it turns into 4 - 5 and then 6 - 8. at this point i take about a month off of drinking all togeather. and then it starts all over. when i was younger i'd hit 14 - 16 a night before laying off, but i've gotten just a hair more responsible.

that said i never miss work, i wake up at 6:30 in the morning to make adora breakfast and get her off to school, i lift 4 - 6 days per week, roll twice a week, i clean like a madman (litterally ... im a little neurotic about it), im going back to school next semester, blah blah blah im such a good dude.

while im certainly not perfect, my point is that i dont let my love for beer effect other aspects of my life. the only difference between when im kickin back a few a night and when im on a non driking binge is that i have a little more money and sleep a little less. health wise im sure i'd be better off without the beer, but i make my excuses and such is life.

i know many people who are the same way with their pot. i generally don't touch the ****, but its just because i dont like it anymore. i certainly cant fault people for smoking pot when i drink beer. some people just really crave a small release in their otherwise hectic and busy lives .... if its not abused very little harm is done.

PangQuan
09-01-2006, 03:29 PM
bam! thx for sharing gda

this is what im saying. each person is different.

for instance to just say smoke is going to f you up, well, what do we say about rastafari...

is one saying that the entire rastafari association are a bunch of lazy degenerates, simply because they smoke on a daily basis, which is dictated by thier religion?

ive known a many rasta mon who are doing better than a lot of "straight edgers"

its case by case like almost everything else in life.

lunghushan
09-01-2006, 03:40 PM
This is extremely interesting. Who would figure a lot of KF people would be defending pot smoking so much?

No wonder martial arts has gotten so mellow over the years.

You know, this could explain the entire weird dynamics of the Seattle MA scene ... all the granola hippie non striking types.

Wow.

PangQuan
09-01-2006, 03:49 PM
its not defending marijuana use per se, more as it is discussing the fact that each individual acts differently under certain scenario/situations, and is capable of different outcomes in any given scenario/situation based on the person in question.

in other words. you have to step outside the box and realize that not everyone is the same.

granted drugs are bad for you, yes. but i bet that a lot of the food we put in our systems do worse by you than the occasional smoking of pot.

marijuana at least is a natural substance where as many of the chemicals in foods, of which we are still un awares of the long term effects, have many more obvious adverse effects on society as a whole.

i fear we have much more to lose from our current fast food phase than we do from the marijuana smoking that has been around for thousands of years.

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-01-2006, 04:07 PM
This is extremely interesting. Who would figure a lot of KF people would be defending pot smoking so much?

You know, this could explain the entire weird dynamics of the Seattle MA scene ... all the granola hippie non striking types.

Wow.

lmfao .... man i was almost angered by this post and then i bust out laughing.

holy ****.

lunghushan
09-01-2006, 04:10 PM
lmfao .... man i was almost angered by this post and then i bust out laughing.

holy ****.

Well think about it. Wondering why the taiji or bagua or xingyi people don't do any serious applications work or striking ... they probably are getting toked all the time, and probably before class too.

Violence is evil, so we shouldn't learn to defend ourselves. Smoke another one, dude ...

Water Dragon
09-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Smoke a couple of gravity bongs full of some purple budded Humbolt Indica and I guarantee you won't get any work done.

Now I know you're full of it. There are two types of cannabis; indica and sativa. It's sativa that will give you that lazy feeling, not indica. Indica is a cleaner high. Doesn't make you tired, doesn't sap energy, doesn't do any of the stuff you're claiming. Indica wont even give you the munchies. If you said sativa would stop you from getting work done you MIGHT be correct if the person had no motivation anyway.

lunghushan
09-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Now I know you're full of it. There are two types of cannabis; indica and sativa. It's sativa that will give you that lazy feeling, not indica. Indica is a cleaner high. Doesn't make you tired, doesn't sap energy, doesn't do any of the stuff you're claiming. Indica wont even give you the munchies. If you said sativa would stop you from getting work done you MIGHT be correct if the person had no motivation anyway.

Won't even give you the munchies ... hehehe You obviously never met my room-mates. You know why people get cotton mouth? I think you're full of it.

BTW there's not just two types of cannabis. At least the grower types had many strains, even one from Afghanistan.

Water Dragon
09-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Well, I guess it's better you complain about weed than women, Neil. What are your thoughts on women who smoke weed?

lunghushan
09-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Back to the ad hominem attacks. Oh, well. :) BTW I checked out the photos and yep, that Humbolt stuff was definitely indica ... :) Judging by how my friends ploughed through the junk food, I think you're wrong about the lack of munchy effect.

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Well think about it. Wondering why the taiji or bagua or xingyi people don't do any serious applications work or striking ... they probably are getting toked all the time, and probably before class too.

Violence is evil, so we shouldn't learn to defend ourselves. Smoke another one, dude ...

hippies would still be dirty if there was no weed in the world.

lunghushan
09-01-2006, 04:38 PM
hippies would still be dirty if there was no weed in the world.

When I was in college at one point I grew my hair out, and people started asking me where to buy pot, just randomly on the street.

The ironic thing was I actually knew where to buy it, too. Hehehe

omarthefish
09-01-2006, 10:21 PM

Wow.

I'm more of an SF pothead. Been dry for about 6 years now...excepting my trips home every other summer which are generally kicked off with an all nighter of bong hits and video games. Last summer it was Ghost Recon.

Drugs are more trouble than they are worth.........in China.

Back in LA though...lol.

Note to self: Lungshan is like, totally square dude.

Before I came to China I was smoking about an eighth a week. I never smoked before my gongfu class but almost always prefaced solo workouts with a couple hits. Helped get me in the mood. Anyone here remember the scandal with the winter olypic dudes who took the gold in snowboarding or somehting like that and then they wanted to take their medals away for drug use......pot. rofl. First time I even heard pot being accused of being a performance enhancer.

Mostly I'm not going to bother to defend pot smoking because I couldn't give a rats a$$ about the tea totallers like Liunghsan. You don't like it? Dont' smoke. Back in LA I had friends who did and friends who didn't and we all hung out together. The stereotype just doesn't hold.

I won't say it's "good" but yeah, I WILL compare it to booze. Why not. There's nothing good about booze either or about chocolate or bucketloads of coffee or ben&jerries ice cream or 18 year old scotch. But those are all things that make like enjoyable so I indulge. I with Bill Hicks on this one.

lunghushan
09-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Well, that really explains it. Anyways thanks for being honest.

CaptinPickAxe
09-02-2006, 11:25 AM
I think its funny when people make generalizations about people who smoke... especially when they have never even hit a joint.

I'm not a useless bump-on-a-log because I smoke weed. I know too many people who do not smoke and are still useless, lazy bums. I smoke weed, I'm finishing up an A.A.S. and going to continue my eductation and get a B.A.S.

Spare me the malarky when you know NOTHING except what you see among a small group of friends.

GeneChing
01-16-2020, 09:05 AM
After searching 'cannabis', this thread popped as the most eye-catching title. :p

Incoming Amherst cannabis store means martial arts studio must move (https://www.gazettenet.com/Marijuana-business-coming-to-Amherst-location-to-force-move-of-martial-arts-studio-31983814)

https://www.gazettenet.com/getattachment/c33e0e3d-e294-4802-9767-fdce9ec8e043/ammarijuana-hg-011520-ph1
The building that houses Amherst Martial Arts, which its owner says has to move because of its proximity to a planned marijuana dispensary. STAFF PHOTO/SCOTT MERZBACH

By SCOTT MERZBACH
Staff Writer
Published: 1/15/2020 11:20:45 PM
Modified: 1/15/2020 11:19:54 PM

AMHERST — Municipal zoning rules that determine where marijuana dispensaries can be situated are forcing the relocation of a long-running martial arts studio from its site in the East Amherst village center.

Amherst Martial Arts, which arrived at the plaza on College Street in the fall of 2018, is expected to have its lease end this spring, said Annie Schwarz, the Tae Kwon Do school’s owner and head instructor. A recreational cannabis dispensary plans to open within 300 feet of the martial arts studio and town zoning requires a 300-foot buffer from any location “in which children commonly congregate in an organized ongoing formal basis.”

“At this time I don’t know where we will be going,” Schwarz said.

The end of the lease, with the notification from property owner Paul Shumway, comes as RC Retail Amherst LLC plans to open the Red Cardinal cannabis shop in a vacant storefront at 330 College St., last used by Green Wave Garden Supply & Hydroponics. The plaza is also home to restaurants, a smoke shop, a flooring store and a furniture store.

The martial arts studio, which opened in 1991 and was a fixture in downtown Amherst until its move to the new site, will have to again find new quarters, even though it was at the location before the marijuana shop was proposed.

Schwarz said she already got the month-to-month lease extended from November to April after discussions with representatives from the company and the town, but would likely need to have the Zoning Board of Appeals grant an exception to stay beyond that.

Economic Development Director Geoff Kravitz said the ZBA would likely take the proximity into consideration in its decision when issuing a special permit. RC Retail will go before the ZBA on Feb. 13, after submitting its application to the state’s Cannabis Control Commission.

Forcing another business to move is not unusual for a new marijuana dispensary, Kravitz said.

In North Amherst, for instance, where Rise Holdings Inc. is the lone dispensary open in town at 169 Meadow St., Kimballs Auction and Estate Services had to move to make way for the renovation of the building.

Another marijuana business, Herbology, which has yet to open, bought the building at 422 Amity St., forcing the closure of Rafters sports bar and restaurant.

Other communities have also had to deal with the issue of distance from a location where children’s activities take place. In Hadley, a marijuana dispensary application for the business now known as Heirloom Collective was initially rejected by the Planning Board in August 2016 after representatives from the neighboring Hampshire Mosque raised concern it would be too close to a place where children congregate.

The Planning Board later overturned the rejection because the mosque was still under construction at the time.

Kravitz said state zoning requires dispensaries to be at least 500 feet from school property lines. The proposed Red Cardinal store is sufficiently distant from the closest education site, Fort River School on South East Street.

Meanwhile, the town is getting closer to having a second dispensary. Mass Alternative Care Inc. of Springfield received Zoning Board of Appeals permission to be situated at 55 University Drive, a former restaurant site. Kravitz said he believes the company is progressing toward a spring opening,

In addition, MassMedicum Corp., another cannabis business, recently had its first hearing before the Zoning Board of Appeals for use of a new building at 85 University Drive.

ShaolinDan
01-16-2020, 11:02 AM
After searching 'cannabis', this thread popped as the most eye-catching title. :p

I know that school. We got some of their students. I think Amherst is better off with the dispensary. 😝

GeneChing
01-16-2020, 11:11 AM
I know that school. We got some of their students. I think Amherst is better off with the dispensary. 😝
Best post of the day! :p:p:p