PDA

View Full Version : Teh Ji Han Jeung Dao origins

shizenjin
09-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Hi,
for anyone unfamiliar with Japanese, Shizen=nature, jin=man, but together "Shizenjin" it means "man who flows naturally"

Im a Wado Ryu Karate Kai and have been training intensively for 13years.
I have also practised Taijiquan - 6years
Hapkido - 1yr
TKD - 1yr (what a waste!!!)
Teh Ji Han Jeung Dao Gong fu - 3yrs

I have never done any proactive research into the background of my martial arts and have been trying to find the origins in the last few weeks.

I have not found anything about Teh Ji Han Jeung Dao Gong Fu. If anybody knows anything I would be very thankful.

Also (slightly off topic), when researching Wado Ryu Karate I found 2 diffrent stories.
1 says that Wado Ryu was founded in the 1930's and was originaly called "shindo yoshin wado ryu karate"
and the other says that wado ryu "is" white crane gong fu. Im not sure this is true but have never seen any white crane gong fu.

Thanks for reading my 1st post.

EarthDragon
09-03-2006, 04:10 PM
shizenjin you said
that Wado Ryu was founded in the 1930's and was originaly called "shindo yoshin wado ryu karate"

while I am not sure of this in paticular I studied Okinawan Go Jyu for several years in the 80's which was dirived from Fukien white crane and taught to the Miyagi family in northern Okinawa, so i can assure you that Wado is not from this branch hope this helps