PDA

View Full Version : Mantis vids?

Donkwoon
09-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Are there any advanced mantis forms on DVD/video? I've googled it but didn't come up with much.

mooyingmantis
09-05-2006, 02:25 AM
Are there any advanced mantis forms on DVD/video? I've googled it but didn't come up with much.

Don,
Jon Funk has a DVD on Praying Mantis Exits the Cave and Lee Kam Wing has a VHS tape on the Thrusting Flowers set.
Did you have a specific form in mind? Do you practice Praying Mantis boxing?
Richard

Three Harmonies
09-05-2006, 06:23 AM
Su Yu Chang has several out as well www.pachitanglang.com
Also a group out of Minnesota has two DVD's out. Pong Lai has one out with more coming with Shr Laoshi.
Jake :cool:

Radplaiddude
09-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Does any one know if the LKW Dan Che Fa video is any good.

Donkwoon
09-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Richard

I study forms from the Wa Lum system and do want to learn more of those when I have the time and $. That's a matter of getting down to my Sifu and taking some lessons.

Meanwhile, I want to continue my learning in a similar direction. Some of the stuff (dvd/videos) that I've seen out there seems to be intermediate and kind of redundant to what I already have. I'm just curious to see what else is out there and how they interpret the applications.

mooyingmantis
09-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Does any one know if the LKW Dan Che Fa video is any good.

I just ordered it a week ago from Plum Publications. I'll let you know what I think of it when I get it.

Radplaiddude
09-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Already know the form, just wondering if it would be good reference.

mooyingmantis
09-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Already know the form, just wondering if it would be good reference.

What lineage are you? Lee Kam Wing is CCM lineage. If you are WHF lineage, some of the moves will be different. So it may not be good for reference.
Richard

Radplaiddude
09-05-2006, 04:19 PM
i am CCM. Im sure it will be good reference.

Mantis Pride
09-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Don,
Jon Funk has a DVD on Praying Mantis Exits the Cave and Lee Kam Wing has a VHS tape on the Thrusting Flowers set.
Richard

He also Has Flying Goose Palms too. :)