PDA

View Full Version : OT Japan's Imperial succession issue is now resolved

BruceSteveRoy
09-06-2006, 05:05 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14680667/

don't know if anyone else was interested in this story but i had been hearing about it for a while now and was curious to see what would happen.

David Jamieson
09-06-2006, 05:45 AM
monarchies are a pointless waste.

people who think they are divinely entitled to rule over others have issues and it doesn't fit with the day and age.

so, in summary, who gives a whoop about japans neutered royalty, or anyone elses for that matter. :p

MasterKiller
09-06-2006, 07:50 AM
monarchies are a pointless waste.

people who think they are divinely entitled to rule over others have issues and it doesn't fit with the day and age.

so, in summary, who gives a whoop about japans neutered royalty, or anyone elses for that matter. :p

So says the man whose country is beholden to the House of Windsor....

Wood Dragon
09-06-2006, 07:53 AM

Not familiar with the US Senate, are we?

David Jamieson
09-06-2006, 07:53 AM
So says the man whose country is beholden to the House of Windsor....

hey, im all for a tea party up here too. we made a gap in 80 and now we should just make the clean break. but alas, i am not a politician and it escapes me as to how to go about getting complete independence from the commonwealth.

as far as i know, our taxes don't go to the uk in anyway, not sure why we retain the allegiance in that respect. the sun needs to set on the british empire at some point and Im all for starting with canada. If India can do it why not us?

wind draft
09-06-2006, 08:14 AM
i was just gonna say..people who think they are divine to rule over others, they use it as a legimate reason to be able to rule over others.

If you said you were the chosen one, (like jesus) you have all these people following you.

Its like the kung fu mysterical crap. It just gives them legitmate.

PangQuan
09-06-2006, 10:41 AM
im not sure we can comment on this with the same outlook your average japanese citizen can.

we may not care, we may think its stupid.

we are not japanese, no matter how much we think we can step in thier shoes. we will not FEEL the same.

it is a big deal so some people. namely the japanese not the nonjapanese

lunghushan
09-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Yeah I never really got that, the whole 'divine' rule thing.

I mean, these people got into power usually by being warlords, and then started kingdoms. Then they suddenly say they have 'divine' rule? And pass it to their kids?

???

PangQuan
09-06-2006, 10:58 AM
actually the third emperor of japan had the "history" of the imperial line taken onto parchment

the first emperor was a half breed of a human woman and the god that created the islands of japan.

according to japanese history the emperor is part god.

so your talking about a civilization who BELIEVED this. not just pretended but actually believed. this is hard for many people to understand. now the tradition is near as important as when they believed thier emperor was a god. its part of the culture. not really our place to say whether they should or shouldnt have an emperial succession for sake of tradition...

such as the emperial line in china was believed to be part dragon. the first emperor was said to have a dragons tail.

this is why the emperors where held be hind a screen and never allowed to be looked upon.

lunghushan
09-06-2006, 11:11 AM
so your talking about a civilization who BELIEVED this. not just pretended but actually believed. this is hard for many people to understand. now the tradition is near as important as when they believed thier emperor was a god. its part of the culture. not really our place to say whether they should or shouldnt have an emperial succession for sake of tradition....

Okay. Somebody wrote it on paper so everybody believes it.

It really seems like humans must have some sort of 'God gene' or something that makes them want to follow other people.

Like dogs or something. Otherwise how can you explain the obsession with movie stars, Royalty and all that? It must be hard-wired someplace.

David Jamieson
09-06-2006, 11:18 AM
well, from a christian societies viewpoint, we all have divinity within us. We are created in god's image and we are given free will.

Not only that, but in the bible, the gods argue amongst themselves about how we will become just like them from eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

and so, to avoid taht we become completely like them, they removed the tree of immortality from our grasp.

but, perhaps we will even come to know taht as well seeing as the tree of knowledge would seem to preclude that eventuality anyway.

so, namaste all. lol I recognize and respect the divinity in you as that same divinity that is within me.

we, as beings, create. everything springs forth from our minds and wills. there is nothing to show who and what we are without that. pretty divine if you ask me. :)

and and being backwards in ways and thoughts doesn't mean it's right or worth keeping. probably more worthwhile to correct misconceptions.

PangQuan
09-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Okay. Somebody wrote it on paper so everybody believes it.

It really seems like humans must have some sort of 'God gene' or something that makes them want to follow other people.

Like dogs or something. Otherwise how can you explain the obsession with movie stars, Royalty and all that? It must be hard-wired someplace.

thats just how it goes.

every civilization has had thier gods and dieties.

dont ask me, i dont worship anything.... :p

lunghushan
09-06-2006, 11:41 AM
I don't really get what causes some people to just follow what they've been taught and believe it, and other people to think for themselves.

That would seem to be an important issue, given the issues around the world faced by terrorism and religion, and people believing stuff just because they're told without any proof or anything.

unkokusai
09-06-2006, 01:29 PM
thats just how it goes.

every civilization has had thier gods and dieties.

dont ask me, i dont worship anything.... :p

Yeah, you do.

fiercest tiger
09-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Like people following there sifu and ancestors??? :eek:

lunghushan
09-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Like people following there sifu and ancestors??? :eek:

Yeah, people following without proof. I mean, most people follow the religion of their ancestors without any proof, right? Why is that?

Following the sifu is something else, because martial skill can be proven, right? You can demonstrate on people, punch people, etc.

I guess a lot of sifus don't really prove what they are, and people still follow, like in the McDojo cases -- I don't know.

David Jamieson
09-06-2006, 02:05 PM
If you went through life with no one else to guide you or help you to understand things, you wuold be exponentially dumber than you already are now.

it's pretty simple math.

lunghushan
09-06-2006, 02:09 PM
If you went through life with no one else to guide you or help you to understand things, you wuold be exponentially dumber than you already are now.

it's pretty simple math.

No, not really. Given pretty much the same environment, some people tend to follow their parents ways and tradition and all that, but not everybody does.

For example my parents were Christian but I am not. When I got to be about 11 it was obvious it was total B.S. because they didn't practice what they preached and there was no proof for it. Nobody tried to talk me out of it -- in quite the opposite, I faced quite a bit of persecution at home and at school for telling them it was B.S.

But most people still keep following the religion anyway. I have no idea why.

David Jamieson
09-06-2006, 02:13 PM
No, not really. Given pretty much the same environment, some people tend to follow their parents ways and tradition and all that, but not everybody does.

For example my parents were Christian but I am not. When I got to be about 11 it was obvious it was total B.S. because they didn't practice what they preached and there was no proof for it. Nobody tried to talk me out of it -- in quite the opposite, I faced quite a bit of persecution at home and at school for telling them it was B.S.

But most people still keep following the religion anyway. I have no idea why.

uh dude, who put you on their teat and helped you to learn to crap in a bowl and flush? who helped you learn to walk and talk? who helped you learn your abc's? who help you with shelter and clothing? who helped you to understand the world around you.

I'm talking about life experience and how it is affected by oters around you who help you to understand.

experience is a great teachre also, but it is certainly not the only teacher.
you can deny as much as you want, but if you were a true iconoclast and free thinker, you wouldn't be posting here now would you? :p

lunghushan
09-06-2006, 02:55 PM
experience is a great teachre also, but it is certainly not the only teacher.
you can deny as much as you want, but if you were a true iconoclast and free thinker, you wouldn't be posting here now would you? :p

??? People get bored, don't they? Why would not buying things without proof have anything to do with posting on a forum?

Learning to crap and all that has nothing to do with religion and things that don't have any proof to them.

David Jamieson
09-06-2006, 02:56 PM
??? People get bored, don't they? Why would not buying things without proof have anything to do with posting on a forum?

Learning to crap and all that has nothing to do with religion and things that don't have any proof to them.

how about not listening to others views or keeping a closed mind and stubbornly resisting that which may be true indeed?

lunghushan
09-06-2006, 03:00 PM
how about not listening to others views or keeping a closed mind and stubbornly resisting that which may be true indeed?

Could you please formulate that into a coherent sentence or phrase? What are you trying to say?

David Jamieson
09-06-2006, 03:18 PM
guy, i don't even know why you bother with this place. clearly you already know so much that you don't need to learn anymore.

coherent enough?

how about...

if your cup isn't empty, you can't put anything in it. you have to empty your cup.

lunghushan
09-06-2006, 03:21 PM
guy, i don't even know why you bother with this place. clearly you already know so much that you don't need to learn anymore.

coherent enough?

how about...

if your cup isn't empty, you can't put anything in it. you have to empty your cup.

Actually I don't know very much stuff at all. Just because somebody disagrees with somebody on something doesn't mean they think they know everything.

Like when I say I don't know why people stay with tradition and follow traditional religions, or worship celebrities or kings or something, I really have no idea why.

I don't get it. Is it some genetic thing or something?

As to why I post on here, honestly it's pretty much out of extreme boredom, I guess. Don't you ever talk to people? Why are you on here?

PangQuan
09-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Yeah, you do.

and what would that be?

lunghushan
09-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Like, why do people get bored? Or lonely? Why do people sometimes do self destructive behavior?

There was a show on T.V. last night where some felon was barricaded in a house and the S.W.A.T. team had to extract him. He looked like an older guy, like 45 at least, but he had a pretty good looking young (she looked mabe 27 years old tops) girlfriend.

How'd a guy like that get a good looking young girlfriend? I have no fricking clue.

lunghushan
09-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Anyways, David, it seems like you're just mad at me because I've been disagreeing with you a lot.

David Jamieson
09-06-2006, 03:55 PM
guy, are you here for any other reason than to disagree with anyone. I mean, do you actually read what you type?

Not mad, just trying to help dude. Seems you don't want it though. That's cool.

lunghushan
09-06-2006, 03:57 PM
guy, are you here for any other reason than to disagree with anyone. I mean, do you actually read what you type?

Not mad, just trying to help dude. Seems you don't want it though. That's cool.

??? What are you talking about ???

unkokusai
09-06-2006, 05:40 PM
and what would that be?

Yourself.

The Willow Sword
09-06-2006, 05:56 PM
BAH!! at Royalty and Monarchy's. who gives a good god d@mn about preserving some megalomaniacle inbred tyrannical system of rule over the people. Its a relic of the past. i mean todays royalty are walking living reminders of that past when these inbreds ruled harshly over people and forced their mentally ill ideals on the very fabric of common society. Governments of today try to emulate that superiority over people.

so whoopdeegodd@mndeedoo.
TWS

PangQuan
09-07-2006, 11:51 AM

Yourself.

lol

no. you have a skewed understanding of what it is to worship something.

yes i like myself. never before have i sat and worshiped my existance.

we can but only exist as we are.

you may worship yourself, this may be where your thought train comes from on this matter.

however, there are many humans who are not so self absorbed as to actual worship themselves...:rolleyes:

Shaolinlueb
09-07-2006, 11:59 AM
david jamieson never fails to stir up conversation.:eek:

David Jamieson
09-07-2006, 12:48 PM
david jamieson never fails to stir up conversation.:eek:

just doing my part for the discussion forum. :p

unkokusai
09-07-2006, 02:25 PM
however, there are many humans who are not so self absorbed as to actual worship themselves...:rolleyes:

No doubt, but you are not among that number.

PangQuan
09-08-2006, 10:26 AM
lol

i like how you try to heat it up unkokusai.

its funny.

carry on guy....:rolleyes:

unkokusai
09-08-2006, 10:34 AM
lol

i like how you try to heat it up unkokusai.

its funny.

carry on guy

Good luck chasing your tail there, oh mighty one!:rolleyes:

PangQuan
09-08-2006, 10:56 AM
haha

your neat

David Jamieson
09-08-2006, 11:32 AM
and tidy too! and i hear he's pretty and has a normal anus.

that last aprt was probably too much information, but he, that's what's in the grapevine. :D