PDA

View Full Version : Chi Kung - Leads in NYC?

cha kuen
09-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Are there any TOP TOP quality, rare / awesome chi kung teachers in the NYC area? I"m looking for the real good chi kung masters/ practitioners/ healers, etc etc.

Not just the usual ...standing post, or the other same stuff that everyone else has....

cjurakpt
09-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Master Sat Chuen Hon

www.dantao.com

cha kuen
09-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Interesting website. Can you tell me a lil more from your personal experience?

Justaguy
09-08-2006, 09:39 AM
What have you done that you like, and what have you done that you don't like?

Just to get an idea of what you're looking for.

Robert Peng is a qigong master who teaches in workshops - not geared towards martial artists. www.Robertpeng.com
I've only taken his introductory workshop, which was ... well, introductory. It was some neat exercises, picked up some things that I hadn't learned before. His weekend workshops look interesting, in one he teaches what he describes as the beginnings of qing gong, microcosmic orbit and projecting qi. If it delivers what it promises to, it looks pretty good. Theres a class coming up in a couple of weeks (which I'll be out of town for).

Ping Zhen - www.taichizen.com is an interesting guy. He is in his 40s but looks like he's in his 20s, so maybe there's something to his qigong. Went to one of his qigong classes (he's out of town for another week or so, but offers a free intro class - check it out, he's a really nice guy), did some yijinjing. It seems that he only teaches the more advanced things listed on his website in private lessons, which I can't afford. I've been thinking of trying to get a group together and see if he'd be interested in working out something to teach a specific form.

Yang Jwing Ming is teaching an embryonic breathing workshop in April through Artemis Seminar. http://www.artemis-seminars.com/seminars.html#

Keep us updated about what you find, I'm definitely in the market for some good qigong as well.

cjurakpt
09-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Interesting website. Can you tell me a lil more from your personal experience?

http://users.erols.com/dantao/portraitteacher.html