PDA

View Full Version : Wai Lun Choi

Dragon Fire
07-30-2001, 01:02 AM
Has anyone on this board ever trained with him? I'm going to watch one of his classes this week, and was wondering what to expect. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Its a Tai Chi class, if that makes any difference

count
07-30-2001, 01:15 AM
Why aren't you sitting in on a Lama class? ;) Just kidding around, I just remember you asking about that style. I have met Master Choi a couple of times and spent a year with one of his long time Lama students. I also shared an apartment with a Hsing-I student of his. Both knew their ! I'm betting you see the best at one of his Tai Chi Chuan classes. Ask Drake! ;)

Count

Kabooom.com (http://kabooom.com)

Chi Kung International (http://chikungintl.com)

MonkeySlap Too
07-30-2001, 01:40 AM
Just go with an open mind. Choi is the real deal. You really can't go wrong.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

Dragon Fire
07-30-2001, 03:13 AM
Count
I was planning to study Lama, unfortunatley my class schedule gets in the way. So I'm going with choice number 2 which doesn't conflict with my education, which obviously would be Tai Chi. :D

blur
08-01-2001, 11:41 PM
Alright, one last question and I swear I'll sign up.

I watched some of his classes and he seems very application oriented which is what I like however,

Does he ever get into the health aspect? Does he discuss chi with beginners?

Nexus
08-01-2001, 11:58 PM
pay attention the postures, applications, and forms and learn them properly you will receive the health benefits regardless of what he tells you about qi.

- Nexus

Freedom is what you do with what is done to you. - Sartres

unclaimed effort
08-02-2001, 12:02 AM
I don't suggest talking about chi to "newbies", because thinking about it can interfere with the actual training. Like we are right now, always talking about stuff like that in the forums instead of training.

MonkeySlap Too
08-02-2001, 12:20 AM
Choi is authentic. As such, he wants you to build your structure and get your fundamentals down first. Without it, any jabbering about chi is pointless sophistry.

Trust him and train hard.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.