PDA

View Full Version : Help With Historical Preservation Project

byond1
09-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Hi,
My partner and i are attempting the largest preservation of the Wing chun system in the history of its existance. It is not officaly unveiled and will not be for a few more weeks. But it will be posted here. A book is in the work also containing almost 20 years of research.
We are looking for information on several lineages. Any member of these families, Please contact us. Here is who we are looking for:

1) Tang family Weng Chun
Lo family Weng chun
Chu chong man family Weng chun(Sifu Ignatius please contact us)

We are looking for DIRECT members of these families, So we can document, into permanent format, the individual teachings, Historical and techical of these great kung fu families.
Also:

2) Yiu Kay family

3) Chan Family(Chan Yiu men)

4) We are also looking for a chinese speaking/reading assistant.

5) and finnaly if someone has the Wu lin Article with Fung Chun, we would be willing to trade for it.

byondthis@yahoo.com

PM
09-08-2006, 01:51 AM
hello,

might be a coincidence, but such similar project is already almost finished - a series of dvds and a book. interview have been done with senior masters of different WCH (and other systems) lineages from China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam etc. as for WCH, it will cover e.g.:

- Chan Yiumin Wingcheun
- Mai Gei Wong Wingcheun
- Pa Fa Lin Wingcheun
- Pang Naam Wingcheun
- Fatsaan Yip Man Wingcheun - Gwok Fu and Lun Kai
- Paang Chau Wingcheun
- Lam Soiman Wingcheun + Lam Soibou Wingcheun
- Yiu Choi Wingcheun
- Cheung Bou Wingcheun
- Yiu Kai Wingcheun
- Ling Naam Wingcheun
- Sam Nang Wingcheun
- Wong Jing Wingcheun
- Leung Jaan Gu Lou Wingcheun
- Sum Ging Wingcheun
- Yun Chaiwaan Wingcheun

wait for more info

byond1
09-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Thats Great. The more the merrier. Our Project is not limited to DVD material Though. This is the first Wing chun Encylopedia, a book series and DVD series, which the DVD series is the last part to be released. So until than i Will help support your project by purchasing DVD,s:) For my private collection.

Brian

Vajramusti
09-09-2006, 07:08 AM
"My partner and i are attempting the largest preservation of the Wing chun system in the history of its existance."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FWIW--- I dont understand the project...
lineage stories and myths?
preservation of the(!) Wing chun system- what is wing chun? And what is the system?

joy chaudhuri

byond1
09-10-2006, 06:50 PM
This will be my last post here. I stopped posting because of the Malarchy and politrics that occurs. I want no part in it ,but i had no choise to post ,because of limited information on the Tang, Lo and Tung families, and my desire to truly represent all variations of the art.

But to answer your question Joy.

This project is documenting every variation of the Wing chun System. Its documenting every form and San Sik associated with wing and weng chun, including break downs of the movements and core meaning. Its documenting all variations on the History. Its documenting every lineage tree known. Every Ancestor and all information on them. This is all in written format. IT has been an ongoing project by several members, for almost 20 year period.

There will than be instructional dvds showcasing, for the first time ,arts like Kulo, with all the details of the systems explained and the hows of training.

Than additionaly there is a research institute attached to the other project that is made up of members of almost every Mainland Styles of WCK. Whats unique about this institute is that there is no school attached. Nothing for any of us to gain. No rice bowl to protect. Here a book is being written on the source and creation of Red Boat WCK, in a More probable than not mind set. The rest of what is covered will have to wait as its going to blow peoples Mun open. We will also dispute using profesional methodology some of the various WCK histories floating around with hard factual evidence.

I would also like as part of an impartial organization to have Hendrik release his Emie Kuen Kuit , White crane and Yik kam Kuen Kuit. I havnt actually asked him if he is interested yet, as there has been SOOOO much work to do.

Keep in mind joy, Yip man HK wing chun is not in trouble of extinction as it makes up at least 85% of all WCKers in the world. This is a project of love and sharing in hopes of bettering everyones understanding of everyone elses ideas and practises. No elitism, :No facism, and NO fanatics. I also believe we can dispute one anothers claims with factual, logical, impersonal methods and actually act like an adult doing it.

If you have further questions, drop me an email.

B

Ps ??Wing Chun System?? Why the wing chun system is a Chinese martial art that was created in the late 1700s/ early 1800s that was imported onto the Red Boats, which the Opera performers used to travel in. When the Opera was banned and the actors left life on the Red Boats, temporarily, and the Wing chun System was passed on, the Single system that WWB, LYT, DFMK and Gulo chung practised split into 2. One focusing on the pole and pole footwork and the other focusing on the Hand Forms and Knives. :)

canglong
09-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Sounds like quite a project kudos for undertaking such a large task and best of luck for all your effort.

Vajramusti
09-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Good luck with your project.
It's very difficult to get beyond lineage stories and really do history. I havent seen
a wing chun history book yet. Though scattered here and there are some decent work on principles.
But by digging you can bring out some interesting info.

joy chaudhuri

canglong
09-14-2006, 06:08 PM
originally posted by Vajramusti
It's very difficult to get beyond lineage stories and really do history. Joy,
One of the keys to this would seem to be to use the wing chun system itself as an artifact but to do so you must not only know what you are looking at you must also know what to look for. In that respect it is somewhat of a catch 22 not enough people are interested in this part of the system they just prefer to train and if they pick up some interesting history they take it or leave it which no one can really be faulted for. To overcome this though those who would undertake this study must ask questions the answers to which must not be taken lightly because using this board as an example when asking questions most often the answers will be delivered in the form of an opinion. Yet some answers are derived from principles making them not only factually based and correct but more reliable tools of investigation into the insights of the study of the history of any particular artifact which in this particular case just happens to be wing chun. This is an essential part of the discussion that is most often overlooked when the discussion arises about helping one work their way back from present to past history of wing chun.

Sure if you ask you will most likely receive an answer then the question remains where does one start his/her study of the subject such as wing chun to become proficient enough to understand the varying differences of answers and how best to decipher them so that then and only then can they be used as an investigative tool of history. When you are confident you know the answer to this particular question then you are ready to begin your study if not it is probably too early to be concerened with the major historical differences of the art. The truth of the matter is some people can honestly answer the question and others are honestly following a path that will allow them to answer it in the future beyond1 might be just such a person but history is not hiding from us often times history just eludes some of us because of our own personal shortcomings or inability to see the prerequisite body of knowledge required of a particular subject matter in order for us as individuals to move beyond opinion.

Vajramusti
09-14-2006, 06:25 PM
beyond1 said he is not posting any more at this time... so the points are moot.

joy chaudhuri

canglong
09-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Just because a person isn't posting does not mean they are not reading nor does his statement disallow his re-entry into the discussion at any time of his choosing. The truth is the earlier points are viable irrespective of the fact byond1 may or may not be posting to this thread or any other thread on a regular basis.

Vajramusti
09-16-2006, 07:37 AM
canglong sez
Just because a person isn't posting does not mean they are not reading nor does his statement disallow his re-entry into the discussion at any time of his choosing.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Possibly true. More likely to be your monologue at least at this time
joy chaudhuri