PDA

View Full Version : Bak Mei video (Zhong Luo performing)

The Xia
09-07-2006, 07:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAw3UofFo4A

Green Cloud
09-07-2006, 09:01 PM
The thing to watch out for is the reverse breathing method wich is hard to tell from video but it seemed good.

The Xia
09-12-2006, 11:40 AM
What is the reverse breathing method?

Lama Pai Sifu
09-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Yeah, what is the reverse breathing method? :)

Yao Sing
09-12-2006, 01:39 PM
That's when your qi reverses direction and you breathe in when you're supposed to breathe out. :p

fiercest tiger
09-12-2006, 07:13 PM
When you breath in through the butt!!! hehehe

:D

Buddha_Fist
09-12-2006, 09:26 PM
... and you **** out the mouth?????? :D

Green Cloud
09-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah, what is the reverse breathing method? :)

Bend over and let me show you:D

Faruq
10-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Is Taoist Breathing supposed to be a heavy part of Bak Mei? Interesting.

TenTigers
10-01-2006, 10:37 PM
jeez-you guys do Bak Mei and you don't know what reverse breathing is?
ya, see...that's the difference between collecting forms and learning Gung-Fu.
Reverse breathing, in basic terms is when you breathe in, instead of expanding the dan-tien, youstill breathe down to the dan-tien, but contract the abdominals, drawing them in, rather than out. While doing this, you draw the diaphragnm down, and the pernium (the taint) up. The body expands, yet does so evenly like a pneumatic tire. This pressurizes the internal organs-packing. It also activates the ch'i in a totally different way. It causes youto be aboe to develop the aggression as well as the power generation. Different methods of the Small Heavenly Cycle are also used for this. Basically, if it is circulated one way it is martial, the other way, it is spiritual. Different centers are activated. The upper Dan Tien is opened. Opening up the upper dan tien is dangerous and can lead to Jow Faw Yup Moor, and should only be done under guidance by a qualified Sifu, or a sick bastid on a power trip that will get you involved with Aliester Crowley.

fiercest tiger
10-01-2006, 11:05 PM
LMAO Yeah, like you should take answers like breathing from your a$$ as serious answer TT!!! :rolleyes:

Hows your new hakka training coming along, you learn reverse breathing yet? ;)

The forms in bak mei use both natural and reverse depending on your movements if you dont know your movements or you dont know bak mei some people just cannot tell.

The Xia
10-01-2006, 11:18 PM
If I am correct, you are talking about demonic/spiritual possession type stuff. lol, ironically I did start a thread about spirit boxing today. You believe that doing a breathing style incorrectly can make someone possessed TenTigers? :eek:

fiercest tiger
10-01-2006, 11:32 PM
Yes, it can.....not to mention just internal damage apparently!! I also think this depends on how twist the persons mind is already before doing the hei gung.

Garry

TT Didnt we have a discussion on possession somewhere?

Yum Cha
10-02-2006, 07:24 PM
hahahah....forget the reverse breathing,

I want to know why Zhong Luo's Futsan Pak Mei looks so different to the other mob who make all those claims about being the one and only inheritor of the blah, blah, blah.

He looks a lot more like all the all other Pak Mei Pai, and he looks like he'd eat them alive before he had a chance to even take a breath....

Additionally, for all you reverse breathing fans, what kinds of sounds do reverse breathers make? Its hard to hide.

Besides the little prayers they recite to get the spirits of the ancestors to inhabit their bodies, (not that kind of inhabit Gazza....).

fiercest tiger
10-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi Yum Cha,

Didnt the fish mongers old man have connections to CLC or HHH bak mei at one time?

The reverse breath has a anasty smell too!! ;)

TenTigers
10-02-2006, 11:36 PM
hmmm...so I guess,"Blow it out your a$$" is a Chinese expression! :p

mantis108
10-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Take a look at this clip:

Bai Mei San Bu Tun (http://www.6rooms.com/watch/105606.html)

This guy is not a famous "master" by any stretch but there's very clear demonstration of power generation, speed, change, etc... Tun To is emphasized in this form.

Look at the tight stance, Looking the the looseness of shoulders, waist, etc. There is no big wind up motion before any strikes especially when elbowing. Above all there's no yelling and shouting. The only stomping is during the tun ging which is a by product but not intentionally done. There is hardly any stepping forward and stomp that is seen in the other clip.

There's a big difference between using what's at the core (pun intended) of the art and doing aesthetically impressive movements. Good Bai Mei is always internal and even seem mundane not necessarily entertaining at all.

Mantis108

Yum Cha
10-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Hi Mantis,
Wow, Chinese YouTube!

What can you tell us about the clip? Who and where are the players from?

To me, it looks like a variation of Jik Bu, and I am the first to admit I have seen many, and it looks to be in the tight HK style with less bik bu. "San bu tan", 3 step swallow power?

There are a few elements of his style that differ to mine, but I'll agree, he seemed to have good breathing. He generates power with his core. There are some telltale twitches in his waist as he gears up, and it sounds right.

Thanks for the tidbit.

Garry,
I dunno about the lineage of Zhong Luo. Perhaps some of his students might chime in?

fiercest tiger
10-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Mantis108,

Awesome... :)

There is a huge difference in the way this Bak Mei played compared to modern day CLC bak mei to be honest. This is tighter with flexibilty, like you said no wind up full step or half stepping then strike with single movements this has more hands less footwork?

Have you any other clips of this bak mei system i would also like to know what lineage of bak mei.

Thanks very much for sharing brother....

Garry

mantis108
10-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi Yum Cha and Fierce Tiger,

Glad you enjoyed the clip.

I believe that line is descended from Chan Kwan Hop. It is believe that this form is a rendition of a "lost" form. Some one "recreated" it from a manuscript. That's all I know about it.

FT,

I am not sure what you mean by modern day Bak Mei. If you mean the Fut Shan Pak Mei way of doing things, I really have nothing to say. Sorry. :)

Warm regards

Mantis108

fiercest tiger
10-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Hi Mantis 108,

Sorry ill be clearer i reread my post i made it alittle complicated, the CLC bak mei that i know and have seen use more step and strike mostly, not as much hands with less footwork with this form there is more hands and less footwork which i really dig. It shows he can continue his force/ging rebounding without stepping and striking, if that make better sense. I know there is bak mei forms that use more hands during the forms but primarily its step and strike etc.

Thanks for the reply...

Garry

Faruq
10-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Somehow I missed that Bai Mei San Bu Tun link yesterday. Real nice. Are there more Bak Mei clips on that 6 rooms website, Mantis 108?

mantis108
10-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi Fierce Tiger, Faruq, and All,

Personally, I believe that CLC's Bak Mei has a lot of influence from Lung Ying, which Bik Bo (pressing step) is fundamental. This is the reason that Jik Bo form even though is basic, it is highly valued in BaK Mei. Jik Bo is one step one strike. San Bu Tun is one step 3 strikes, which you have picked out (good eyes, my friend). IMHO Sup Ba Mor Kiu is also multiple strikes oriented. San Bu Tun is like a good anecdotal extention of the principle within SBMK IMHO.

As for clips of 6rooms, I didn't spend time on searching but I have come across another clip of interest from a Xinyi Liuhe master, who shows iron body (Pai Da) of his styles.

Xinyi Liuhe Pai Da Gong (http://www.6rooms.com/watch/28326.html)

I believe that it is interesting because it's also about "rooting" as we generally talk about in Kung Fu. Now for the type of strikes in San Bu Tun to work, this type of conditioning/rooting is a must. This btw is the same kind of "Neigong" effects in Bak Mei. It's not some hocus pocus "magic" stuff that people trying to sell. Beware of "Shen Gun" (peddlers of supernatural feasts).

Anyway, enjoy. :)

Warm regards

Mantis108

fiercest tiger
10-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Thanks brother,

Sorry to bother you again, the Bak Mei teacher performing belongs to which branch of bak mei?

I think you are on the money regarding the influence of the LY system added to Bak Mei.

Interesting Xin Yi clip of the old man, do you think the student was giving him his best shots?

regards
Garry

Faruq
10-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Still no luck, Mantis 108?

Yum Cha
10-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Glad to hear you think Bik Bu is an essential part of Pak Mei Mantis. I've always thought it was one of the cornerstones.

Faruq
10-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Anyone see Lee Ngai doing that Jik Bo on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccUjuaGTllQ

Very fierce!

Faruq
10-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Hey, Mantis 108 hasn't been around, so I want to address this question to anybody on the forum who reads Chinese fluently. Has ANYONE found any more Bak Mei Pai clips on the 6 rooms website this clip was found on?

http://www.6rooms.com/watch/105606.html

Somehow I missed that Bai Mei San Bu Tun link yesterday. Real nice. Are there more Bak Mei clips on that 6 rooms website, Mantis 108?

B-Rad
10-18-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm chatting online right now with a friend in China, so I'll ask her...

B-Rad
10-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Ok, my friend checked for me and said that the only other bak mei result from her search was an ad for something :p

Faruq
10-19-2006, 04:03 AM
You rock B-Rad. Thanks. And that San Bu Tun link wouldn't even play for me yesterday, so I wonder if IT'S been deactivated.

MAC
10-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Hmmm. Works for me. Try it again.

Faruq
10-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Must be my computer, cuz it still won't work for me.