PDA

View Full Version : A Fut San Hung Sing Tribute

hskwarrior
09-08-2006, 06:54 AM
I'm just having fun experimenting with video and editing, and having a great time at it.

I wanted to know if you guys think I'm improving at this so i posted a tribute clip on the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon.....

it still could have been better, as things always are after you finish them....

but I hope you like.

The drummer is basically my drumming mentor in fut san......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH9YoDhh7RU

The Xia
09-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Your editing skills have improved. The videos are getting fancier. I do have a question relating to the information presented. Can you tell me a bit about the Green Grass Monk? I've heard allot of talk that he is just a myth but I can't judge because I know very little about him.

hskwarrior
09-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Xia, I can talk to you more, but not here on the forum.

You can email me with any questions, I will try to answer them as much as i can.

I'll be meeting with Doc Fai Wong tonite, and I will see if he can answer any of our questions.

thanks for the comments on my progressing vid editing skills, it's hella fun, and has my mind racing on what to do next.

At least when i release my dvd line of the Choy Lee Fut we teach, the applications and training drills, i won't have to pay someone to edit my stuff for me. Hell right now, i can do them all on my own from my house, and that i like......

hsk

waymanw
09-14-2006, 01:16 PM
So how did your meeting with Grandmaster Doc Fai Wong go?

hskwarrior
09-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Thanks for asking.

It went real well. Because of our past, I wasn't sure how things would go.

The street side of me thought I would be set up. But we had been communicating via email, and he brought back the 155th anniversary publication of the fut san hung sing kwoon for me. He said to come by and pick it up since it had some pictures of my sifu and myself,....

in fact, even mike parella has made it in this issue.

So I got there, he had a talk, and we both admitted we are from the same family and there is no more animosity.

He is really and truly a nice man. Not what I expected. He treated me with the greatest respect. I'm glad the outcome is a great thing.

Know what else is nice too, I've heard that even Grand Master Wong Gong has seen the video's I've put up. how cool is that??????

hsk

iron_silk
09-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks for asking.

It went real well. Because of our past, I wasn't sure how things would go.

The street side of me thought I would be set up. But we had been communicating via email, and he brought back the 155th anniversary publication of the fut san hung sing kwoon for me. He said to come by and pick it up.

So I got there, he had a talk, and we both admitted we are from the same family and there is no more animosity.

He is really and truly a nice man. Not what I expected. He treated me with the greatest respect. I'm glad the outcome is a great thing.

Know what else is nice too, I've heard that even Grand Master Wong Gong has seen the video's I've put up. how cool is that??????

hsk

Who to think that this was possible years ago eh???

I am really happy for you Frank.

hskwarrior
09-14-2006, 02:16 PM
wierd huh?

iron_silk
09-14-2006, 02:43 PM
wierd huh?

wierd...but also good and right!

Everything is coming together eh?

hskwarrior
09-14-2006, 02:45 PM
yeah,

its all coming together. the way i hope all clf can.

its a good thing people are approving of the video clips, it does make CLF look really good when we act as one happy family.

hsk

The Xia
09-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Ah, the wonders of the internet!

iron_silk
09-14-2006, 03:06 PM
this is almost getting too...nice...

I'm afraid a group hug is almost coming up

k-no
09-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Nice vid. Not here to comment on that though. =)

I need you to call me, man. Your number is not working for me.

We got some business to discuss. I would have left it at PM but it's time sensitive, so CALL ME ASAP bro.

You know my number...call me.

k

Eddie
09-15-2006, 11:46 AM
do you know if Wong Gong liked the hip- hop music too? Somehow I can imagine that an old Chinese Master could like hip hop :cool:

Watched rush hour (i think 2) again the other night. Theres that Black Chinese dude who owned the take away. for some reason I thought of Frank when I watched it. .... heavens!!! Did I just say I thought of Frank? I hope I'm not turning into a san franciscian ;)

Well done for everything that has happened to you recently. Good luck.
K-no sounded like some gangster in that message. Hope its not too serious :cool:

hskwarrior
09-15-2006, 04:27 PM
eddie,

it's hung sing buk sing italian/filipino mafia stuff. ;)

no sweat.......kiss of death.................

Eddie
09-16-2006, 04:26 AM
yeah, thought something like that.

Who are those people doing the forms in that video? It looks like it was filmed a long time ago.

hskwarrior
09-16-2006, 07:08 AM
eddie,

except for the guy doing the sword, (he is my si Hing), everyone else is directly from the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon. One of them is also my sifu from fut san.

The girl though is Chan Ngau Sing's Great Grand daughter who is still carrying on the tradition of her great grand father.