PDA

View Full Version : Favourite MA movie soundtrack!

Su Lin
09-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Since we have favourite movie/villain/star I thought I would start a thread on movie soundtracks. See, I'm learning American, saying "movie" !
I'll start with
Once Upon a Time in China (1)
Really like Crouching Tiger, think it was Yo Yo Ma who did that.
Saying 2046/In the Mood for love is cheating as they arent MA films, but love the soundtracks.
Enter the Dragon !
Ghost Dog - RZA is brilliant!
BAttle without Honour or Humanity (from the film or Kill Bill)- makes Kill Bill pretty good, so I'll say Kill Bill .Love the music when O'Ren and Beatrice are fighting .Think that is inspired by Lady Snowblood.
Theme from Lone Wolf and Cub
Carry on...

jethro
09-09-2006, 01:45 PM
I'll start with
Once Upon a Time in China (1)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Su Lin
09-09-2006, 01:47 PM
What!!!!HAving the theme in my head earlier today made a great improvement to my form!:p

jethro
09-10-2006, 01:51 PM
I probably whistle the OUATIC theme song about 1-18 hours a day. Once I saw the actual words for it and it is actually a very inspirational song.

Far away second place MA soundtrack for me would be Hero and then House of Flying daggers. And my favorite movie ever has music that woo ping just ripped off but Legend of a Fighter is also one of my favorite soundtracks.

David Jamieson
09-10-2006, 05:28 PM
I like tan tuns stuff from cthd, but im partial to the ETD soundtrack as well

mickey
09-11-2006, 07:42 AM
Greetings,

Mine are:

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

For a Few dollars More

Fistful of dollars

Once Upon a Time in The West

Conan the Barbarian

The Streetfighter (Sonny Chiba version)

Kung Fu Hustle

Fist of Legend

Blade

The Matrix

Enter the Dragon

Cat People (not a MA film but I sure wish it was)

Challenge of the Masters: This featured a traditional version of General's Mandate in the opening credits.

mickey

Jimbo
09-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Lady Snowblood. Tarantino used the theme at the end of Kill Bill 1. If you watch LS, you will see that pretty much the Kill Bill story itself is based on it. I love that theme song.

Su Lin
09-13-2006, 01:32 AM
Aah that's it. It's a great tune! Like what Tarantino did with it, and love the idea of Lady Snowblood!