PDA

View Full Version : dantien rotation

shaolin white crane
07-14-2001, 10:21 AM
I recently took a seminar on chen style taiji by master Zhu Tian Cai, and I was surprise by his ability to make the rotation on his dantien so strongly, he even push a bunch of us using it, can anyone comment on it, and its relationship to relesing fa-jing. Thanks for your wisdom.

Everything that was and ever will be is here

The Willow Sword
07-15-2001, 04:05 AM
chen tai chi reminds me of a gyroscope. the in side is moving very fast while the outside moves slow and will change direction and pause then change direction again. i like to interpret it in this way. it makes sense to me. some of the meditation techniqies that i have learned have to deal with visualizing the chi circling in the tan tien. also you are visualizing the chi swaying back and forth, like a pendulumn. those who have been able to control thier chi , as the master you describe does, will be able to offset evryone elses balance with his own flow, as you were experiencing from him. i am not sure that i understand your poll question. are you trying to make a point that the only choice we have to make in this poll is leg positioning? just curious as to the motive here.
Many respects , the willow sword

Whatever you think i am or want me to be,,, i am.
oh and,,,Jesus loves you, everyone else thinks you are an a$.

shaolin white crane
07-15-2001, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the comment, and about the answer I just putted there because it had to be something there, Im actually looking foward to lisening to que opinion of practiciones far more wiser than I.
About the dantien rotation you post a very interesting concept that clear up the thing about internal and external circles. In theory they say "From large circle to small circle, and from small circle to no circle" I think it means that a first you get your force from drawing large circles with your hands and small circles with the dantiens but when you get to an advance level the actual movement of your hands gets greatly reduce and depends mainly on chi circulation, proper body aligment and dantien rotation to get explosive and devasting results. Maybe that is why the stances are so low so you can sense proper aligment in all levels because if you dont it will hurt more that it has to and the jing will not be as strong.
Looking foward for more exchange
Thanks
All that was, is and ever shall be is here right now.