PDA

View Full Version : Hand made custom survival knives

Royal Dragon
09-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Hello all!!

Say, question, if I were to designe, and make a small series of custom low production hand made survival knives, complete with a sheath that containes a small diamond sharpening stone, a small military fire starter and or some other simple survial items, would you guys be interested in buying?

If so, what size knife would you be intersted in? I am thinking of doing some sort of Bowie with a design similar to a Ka Bar or the US Army/Air force survival knife.

Mine would have a special edge near the guard specifically cut for shaveing the magnesium block from a military fire starter, and a choice of the more common 1095 High carbon steel, or ATS-34 High carbon stainless.

David Jamieson
09-12-2006, 03:57 AM
I don't buy knives now, so I likely wouldn't buy another one for the sake of it.

what is it with you and the survival thing dude? are you afraid of something? lol

Royal Dragon
09-12-2006, 08:27 AM
No, not afraid, or paranoid. Those things are mearly my excuses so others do not know how nuts I really am. :eek:

Actually, Adventerus would be more like it.

See, I have plans to make one for myself, but it will cost the same to heat treat 1, as 100 so fgured I could make a bunch in one shot some time, and sell off the extras

SevenStar
09-13-2006, 12:26 PM
if you can make a decent 3 incher that's legal for me to carry around, I might. Can you make a folder?

Judge Pen
09-13-2006, 12:50 PM
if you can make a decent 3 incher that's legal for me to carry around, I might. Can you make a folder?

3 incher? Memphis have an ordinance limiting blades to 3 inches? The state statute on "intent to go armed" was 4" the last time I checked.

MasterKiller
09-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Can you make a knife that easily dismembers disgruntled Russian internet brides into conveniently disposable pieces?

SevenStar
09-13-2006, 02:43 PM
3 incher? Memphis have an ordinance limiting blades to 3 inches? The state statute on "intent to go armed" was 4" the last time I checked.

that's even better. Now I can walk around with more than one 4" tool on my body!

Royal Dragon
09-13-2006, 04:07 PM
LOL @ The Russain girl joke!

No, I do not do folders, only full tang fixed blades with stacked leather handles. In the oast, I have done 1095 high carbon steel, and ATS-34 high carbon stainless. And of course I have done a bunch of mild steel stock to practice my grind and shape skills.