PDA

View Full Version : OT: who's watching rockstar?

David Jamieson
09-12-2006, 04:58 PM
who's got the best siging kungfu on tv?

if you're a fan, who are you hoping to win?
some great talent up there.

here's my picks.

Lukas - wins and gets teh gig
Dilana - a close second and a rising star, holy man this chick can belt out a tune.
Toby- 3rd. He's fun and poppy and entirely not roit for the band.
Magni - Best Icelandic rocker ever. But not enough boo yah for an american band.

anyway, that's how I call it, how about you?

rogue
09-12-2006, 05:46 PM
My favorite and the most versatile singer is Magni. But I think he'd miss his family touring with the band.

Best babe magnet/crowd worker is Toby.

Lukas is limited but he's quirky enough to front a band.

I liked Delana a lot but she is vocally limited and when she performed with SuperNova she upstaged them in a big way.

I have to agree with you that Lukas is going to get it, but I think Delana is the cellar dwellar. I also think she has a contract waiting that depends on her losing.

David Jamieson
09-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Magni is the only one willing to not go pop. lol
cred for that.

KC Elbows
09-12-2006, 08:34 PM
who's got the best siging kungfu on tv?

if you're a fan, who are you hoping to win?
some great talent up there.

here's my picks.

Lucas - wins and gets teh gig
Dilana - a close second and a rising star, holy man this chick can belt out a tune.
Toby- 3rd. He's fun and poppy and entirely not roit for the band.
Magni - Best Icelandic rocker ever. But not enough boo yah for an american band.

anyway, that's how I call it, how about you?

I think Dilana is going to take it, either her or Lucas. Magni is not going to get it: his original song was not distinctive enough, imo. Frankly, Lucas' wasn't either before he did it acoustic, but his set tonight was pretty good. Toby won't survive the vote, and he's been in the bottom for weeks, but his song is maddeningly catchy.

Agree with Rogue on Dilana's record deal.

The reality is that Dilana is the only person there whose liver can survive joining that band.

Chief Fox
09-12-2006, 09:07 PM
If Lukas gets the gig, I probably buy the album. If Delana gets it, I probably don't. I've liked a lot of her stuff but I hated a lot of her stuff too. Hated her original last week. Hated her version of I want you to want me. I mean she butchered an awesome song right there. Her version of Physcho Killer sucked @ss as well.

Toby, imo, has the best voice and works the crowd well. I'd like to see him get it. Lukas is a one trick pony. It works for him but he sings every song the same way. Magni is awesome but not much of a stage presence.

I miss Storm, now that chick was hot.

KC Elbows
09-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I miss Storm, now that chick was hot.

Her original song was pretty good as well, I thought. And she was hot. What gets me is the band gave her such a hard time about being in the bottom three, but Toby has been in the bottom three just as much.

And, frankly, Toby's whole "whatever" catchphrase is just dumb. Storm didn't need a catch phrase. She had breasts, and I watched them.

Dilana's "psycho killer" rendition led me to believe that she's not right in the head. It was like she was channelling Iggy Pop chanelling Tiny Tim in the vocal ad libs.

rogue
09-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Lukas it is, and it played out like we thought.
One question I have will Magni be asked to join the band?

David Jamieson
09-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Heh heh, can I pick em or can I pick em? and in the right order too. Im going to go enter a church draw or something. I'm feeling lucky. :p

canada rawks... *****es. hahahaha