PDA

View Full Version : Questions questions.

Mr Punch
09-13-2006, 05:18 PM
1) Protein digestion. On the other thread recently we came to some conclusions (possibly unsupported by links) that 20g was about the max limit per 2 hrs. Wouldn't this be as variable as other aspects of internal chemistry such as the bodyweight-protein need ratio?

2) What should I eat immediately after a workout? I take a whey protein shake, usually with milk, and usually some fresh fruit/fruit juice. What about other carbs... I heard white rice or some simple carb that's easily digestible is good?

3) If I'm having a rest day presumably I shouldn't eat as many carbs but should keep up the protein intake to aid recovery and muscle repair?

4) If I'm training hard the next day, what kind of carbs should I eat the night before? How much does this vary according to the time I'm training the next day? (Ie, should I eat pasta the night before training in the morning, and rice the night before if I'm going to have aheavy training session at 4 in the pm?) Or should I generally avoid carbs at night?

5) What are the pros and cons of a 5x5 routine?

Anyone any ideas?

BTW, my training still consists of moderate to heavy weights, interspersed with bodyweight exercises and some cardio (mostly running).

Mr Punch
09-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Anyone any ideas?Guess that's a no! ;)