PDA

View Full Version : Getting sufficient rest

bodhitree
09-14-2006, 06:38 AM
This is the hardest thing about training currently. I am always fatigued and want to sleep more but due to school/jobs/training I average 5-6 hours a night, never a nap and busy from 6 or 7 am - 9pm on most days (and thats before doing what needs to be done at home like grocery shopping and so forth)

Rest is a party of training, but how to prioritise it into a schedule is such a tricky thing.

I guess I have no real question or comment, just a rant.

yenhoi
09-14-2006, 07:01 AM
You need a contract so you can quit your job and sleep.

:)

sunfist
09-14-2006, 07:17 AM
Tests have found that, relative to the time spent sleeping, ten minute powernaps are the mose re-energizing. So yeah, fit some into your day if you can.

bodhitree
09-14-2006, 07:51 AM
thanks guys.

Ford Prefect
09-14-2006, 10:21 AM
That sounds rough. I usually only do 6-7 myself and some days that dips down into 5.5 or less. One thing I picked up was listening to my body. It's always a drag when that alarm goes off at 5am to get up and workout, but I try to pay attention if it's just human lazyness or actual fatigue trying to get me to keep hitting that snooze button. There was a time when I'd just plow ahead regardless, and I paid for it by catching nagging little illnesses frequently. Sometimes you just need the extra sleep and should skip a session or 2.

Chief Fox
09-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Some days when I'm totally waxed I'll go to a park at lunch and take like a 20 minute nap in my car. Also lately on Sunday afternoons I've been hitting the couch for like an hour or so. It really helps.

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-14-2006, 11:03 PM
with my new job i dont have to be there until 12. instead of waking up early so i can do things in the morning i sleep until 11am every day. i dont even go to bed that late .... most nights 1am.

we are getting old.