PDA

View Full Version : A botched spear on throat demo.

The Xia
09-16-2006, 02:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie0EkxArmes&mode

Royal Dragon
09-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Where was the blood?

Su Lin
09-16-2006, 02:45 PM
WE DEMAND MORE BLOOD!!!!:mad:

MASTERforge
09-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Ok hands up who was expecting to see some guy impaled on a long, sharp, pointy stick?

The Willow Sword
09-16-2006, 04:42 PM
:o uhh i was

Royal Dragon
09-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Me too.... :o

Green Cloud
09-16-2006, 05:23 PM
WE DEMAND MORE BLOOD!!!!:mad:

More blood? Did you guy not see the spear pop him in the nuts the long term effects of doing that wrong are real bad. Has any one punched a board or a brick and not broken it?? All I have to say is ouch.:eek:

lunghushan
09-16-2006, 06:30 PM
More blood? Did you guy not see the spear pop him in the nuts the long term effects of doing that wrong are real bad. Has any one punched a board or a brick and not broken it?? All I have to say is ouch.:eek:

Yeah because if it doesn't break then the force goes into the hand. Guess next time they need to use a less bendy stick.

tug
09-17-2006, 10:00 AM
:o uhh i was

Uh, yeah, me too.

We're victims of false advertising! :D

Su Lin
09-17-2006, 12:23 PM

I was watching Battle Royale at the time, hence my bloodthirsty comment! It's still impressive as I couldnt do that. There are rumours that we are starting wood breaking in class soon, so some amusing videos of me may yet appear on Youtube!:p

Chief Fox
09-17-2006, 02:51 PM
What exactly is the point of the old spear to the throat trick?

Are we supposed to be impressed by this for some reason?

I don't get it. :rolleyes:

MASTERforge
09-18-2006, 08:00 AM
The point of 'spear to the throat demonstrations' is that there are no muscles in the throat, so it is believed that you can only survive if you have strong Chi.

Traditionally this demonstration was used as a way for gongfu schools to show how good they were and encourage new people to lessons. I have seen various other demonstrations like Iron belly, where someone jumps from a height onto the stomache, blades rubbed or whacked onto the skin. Probably the best one is where they demonstrate kicks to the balls as a show of strength.

Most of them are party tricks that look impressive, but arnt all that good for self defence.

What you are watching is ancient advertising.

Still fun to watch though.