PDA

View Full Version : Sudoku or other logic puzzles

bodhitree
09-17-2006, 05:37 PM
anybody else train their brain with these kinds of puzzles? I love em, plus they are helping me study for the LSAT.

tug
09-25-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm big on crosswords. I find that it has helped with deductive reasoning.

Sudoku kicks my a$$.

Liz C
09-25-2006, 08:05 PM
I've really gotten into Su Doku although I don't think of it as training my brain per se -- I just think it's fun! :p

I'm into crosswords, too. But in contrast to tug, I find Su Doku sooooo much easier! Su Doku is so concrete and rational -- unlike those difficult crossword clues. I'd take a really tough Su Doku over a Saturday NY Times crossword any day! :D

tug
09-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Whoa, there! I'm not talking about anything that intense. I prefer themed crosswords and more specifically the Daily News. You get TWO puzzles AND the jumble. I don't know why I have such trouble with Sudoku. I think it might be because I got frustrated early on and just gave up.

Kapten Klutz
10-02-2006, 05:31 AM
anybody else train their brain with these kinds of puzzles? I love em, plus they are helping me study for the LSAT.

This may seem boring but I like to just multiply two two-digit numbers in my head a few times a day. Like type 37x76 into the calculator and then figure it out before hitting = to check. Maybe it's too easy for people who are better at math than me, but I find it's great for training up the short-term working memory.

bodhitree
10-03-2006, 06:12 AM
i am terrible at math, thats why I need to do logic. :rolleyes:

Mr Punch
10-17-2006, 09:50 PM
i am terrible at math, thats why I need to do logic. :rolleyes:I'm terrible at logic, that's why I need to eat pears.