PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone trained with the great swordsman Yu CHeng Hui?

Aussie SHaolin
09-18-2006, 04:37 PM
HI All

just wondering if any of you have studied with Master Yu Cheng Hui the great Double Hand Sworedsman. If you have let me know abnout your experience. I was hoping to train with him soon and was wondering if anyone has had this great opportunity??

Yao Sing
09-18-2006, 07:19 PM
I have, Beijing 1998 I learned half of his sword set. It was pretty fast paced and a couple of the guys (there was about 10 of us) were not able to keep up. Luckily my buddy and I were able to study his tape ahead of time so we were up on a lot of the moves.

I really like the set and hope to get it finished someday.

David Jamieson
09-18-2006, 07:36 PM
get to extrapolate anything?
what do you feel really are workable in what given situations?

would like to hear.

TaiChiBob
09-19-2006, 07:13 AM
Greetings..

I've trained with him.. buckle up bucko, it's a fast paced ride with plenty of challenge :D That guy is incredible.. a valuable experience if you are quick and durable.. get his tape and be familiar with the form beforehand, do your best to have the choreography down, and let him refine it..

We have a tape of one of his performances where there appears to be something akin to lightning dancing from the tip of his sword.. ET had it analyzed by some pros at NASA and they couldnt explain it.. it wasn't light polution or reflection on the tape, it wasnt lens refraction, and the tape hadn't been altered.. kind of spooky, huh?

Be well...

Yao Sing
09-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah, that was really freaky.

David Jamieson
I'm not a swordfighter and I doubt I'll ever be in a position to need those skills in real life but some of the moves would work with a stick. Obviously the stabbing and slicing is out but the footwork is fast paced and keeps you moving around your opponent.

Since we're on the subject I think I'll pull my sword out and go over that set. I have a part in an indie film Pirates vs Ninjas (I'm the Blade Master Pirate) and I was going to use my 9 Ring sword but now I'm thinking of doing a fight scene with the Double Hand Gim.

jethro
09-20-2006, 04:52 PM
tell us how it goes and post a clip for us if you can

Yao Sing
09-20-2006, 05:09 PM
It takes a long time to get copy of film work but I'll post it up when I do. I'm still waiting to even see the fight scene I did for 'Real Premonition'.

That film has been in post for quite awhile now but it's scheduled for release overseas. Last I heard they were still working on distribution in the states.