PDA

View Full Version : ATTN Chicago peeps

SevenStar
09-19-2006, 09:24 AM
I've got a guy who's moving to chi this weekend - actually to naperville. He's looking for a place to train. I suggested golden mountain since they are right in his area and are good, but he really wants to continue with the mma stuff, as this is what he's been doing since he's been with us. I also suggested miguel torres' gym and I'm wondering what else good is out there. What are some GOOD sport fighting gyms in the area?

SevenStar
09-19-2006, 01:19 PM
ttt.......

Royal Dragon
09-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Saviano's White tiger kempo in Addison il

Hackney's academy, I think in streemwood. It might be Roselle over there though. The school is on lake street.

There is a good karraddo Ryu guy in Naperville, but I don't know where he is. You have to go to this chiropractic place on rt 59, just south of I-88 in the same strip mall as Jimmy Johns. Ask Dr Kent where to find him, he is one of the seniors.

Water Dragon
09-19-2006, 07:57 PM
Bro, I can't recommend Miguel enough. It's a helluva drive though. I went the other way to work with Myoung Jae. It's a good hour each way. Miguel is producing fighters now, and they're all winning, so I think it would be worth the effort to train with that caliber of coach.

Faruq
09-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Has Carlson Gracie's place on LaSalle just passed Division closed? I would wonder if his senior students were carrying his legacy on or not, and if they were producing winning fighters or not?

SevenStar
09-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Bro, I can't recommend Miguel enough. It's a helluva drive though. I went the other way to work with Myoung Jae. It's a good hour each way. Miguel is producing fighters now, and they're all winning, so I think it would be worth the effort to train with that caliber of coach.

I thought MJ went to NYC?

SevenStar
09-20-2006, 08:55 AM
What about this guy:

http://www.chicagomartialartsclasses.com/

I noticed that there is a carlson gracie school in naperville too - that may be perfect for him.

TaichiMantis
09-20-2006, 11:20 AM
What about this guy:

http://www.chicagomartialartsclasses.com/

I noticed that there is a carlson gracie school in naperville too - that may be perfect for him.

Yep, talk to Jubei over on Dragonslist. He trains there and loves it!