PDA

View Full Version : Help this women in distress!!

MARTIALSTUDANT
09-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Help this women in distress!! Here is my dilemma I was practicing and living the Jun Fun Life back in Mo for about 2 yr. I moved to Ill and joined this Kung fu school http://www.songskungfu.com/i.php I find the environment there friendly and the instructor to be kind but here is some of the things that are stressing me. 1. I found Jun Fun to be more women friendly. 2. Is there any other kung fu styles women friendly I mean I don't recall seeing any women at the temples. 3. I've only been there 6 months not long but I was expecting something different maybe more hands on. 4. My last question for you kind men/women who have been at martial arts a while are my concerns common or is this women crazy and odd like a few of the other members have said.

Su Lin
09-19-2006, 11:27 AM
What do you mean by women friendly?
Any martial art can be practised by a woman. Itll hurt but grin and bear it. Put the effort in and you will get a lot out of it.

Yao Sing
09-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Move to Seattle and join the Sevenstar Kung Fu school. :)

The Willow Sword
09-19-2006, 12:31 PM
:D man the humour today is great. good one yao sing. that thread is a funny one as well. TWS

Shaolin
09-19-2006, 01:18 PM
It's not neccessarily the system, it could be the instructors. Keep in mind the martial arts are male dominated; ego can get in the way, especially with young instructors. Start by talking with your instructor, it could be something as simple as a misinterpretation. If you're finding the classes too militaristic or there seems to be a lack of understanding to the genetic make up of women, find a new school. This is not 17th century china you are not required to dedicate your life to you school/ instructor, and there is no shame in leaving if you feel you are in a situation that is not beneficial to you goals.

Royal Dragon
09-19-2006, 05:52 PM
If Aurora/ Naperville is convinent, I know a good hands on Tai Chi teacher. PM me, and i can hook you up with him.

Shaolinlueb
09-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Move to Seattle and join the Sevenstar Kung Fu school. :)

werd!!! on dat!

Su Lin
09-20-2006, 02:15 AM
Why is it that Martialstudant starts all these threads, then doesn't actually take part in the discussion? Choosing then to go and start yet another thread that she doesn't join in with.:confused: